View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and dexedrine (terapautic)

luxray

Bluelighter
I'm on dexedrine and planing an LSD trip this weekend. Should I skip my meds the day of the trip? I'm on a small dose, 10-20 mg a day.

I'm taking them for narcolepsy, so if I'm getting lethargic on LSD is it safe to take a small dose with LSD (5-10 mg dex)? I've taken LSD two times before, and didn't become lethargic, so I don't think it will be happening. But still, I would like to know if it's an option.

I don't think that amphetamine and LSD will produce an adverse reaction, especially with such a low dose of amphetamine.

You know what I've tried twice and failed typing out. nice replies. Fuck my phone. I will add on a computer tomorrow a long detailed thing of my input and am writing gibberish rn so ill get notifications and remember xD

There's a very low chance you will feel lethargic from LSD, but a low dose of Dexedrine like that most likely won't affect the trip very much if at all. My only concern would be vasoconstriction so if you are going to combine the two, you might consider having a vasodilator on hand (capsaicin works well).

No problem especially if you are used the dose you are on.

Should be smooth sailing just be mindful of the amphetamine comedown and the tail end of the trip.

Thanks everybody :) I've decided to skip the meds that day, and the day before since I get extra tiered the first day I'm off the meds.

There's a very low chance you will feel lethargic from LSD, but a low dose of Dexedrine like that most likely won't affect the trip very much if at all. My only concern would be vasoconstriction so if you are going to combine the two, you might consider having a vasodilator on hand (capsaicin works well).
Yeah, based on my previous experiences with LSD I don't think it will happen either. But good to know it's an option in case it is. I don't have access to an vasodilator, unless there is something I can use that doesn't require prescription?

Also, I'm actually not sure what problems it cause? Is it the effect from amphetamines that makes it harder to pee? Or is it the tense feeling you could get, like muscles are tight and such? I know it's narrowing of the blood vessels, but not sure how to know if it's happening. :)

No problem especially if you are used the dose you are on.
Should be smooth sailing just be mindful of the amphetamine comedown and the tail end of the trip.
Thanks :) Yeah, I'm used to the dosage. It doesn't really give me a comedown, but I'll keep in mind that LSD heighten your senses, so I guess it could be unpleasant even though it normally isn't.

High quality LSD is stimulating as fuck. Amphetamine is the last thing I would want to take in combination with LSD.

High quality LSD is stimulating as fuck. Amphetamine is the last thing I would want to take in combination with LSD.
I have narcolepsy, so even though I'm stimulated I can all of a sudden get lethargic. Like almost can't move my body. So that's why I'm asking. I'm not taking the dex to get more energy, but as a backup in case I experience it while on LSD. But like I've said, I don't think I'll be needing it.

To put it in perspective, I cannot take MDMA without my regular dose of dex. I fall asleep and/or get extremely lethargic if not (no it's not the same as being floored). I know it's common to get mellow while on MDMA, but my case is extreme. And since my narcolepsy is a bit worse now than the last time I did LSD, I just wanted to know it taking my meds would be an option :)

Hey =)
(i might post in add on in edits just cuz, alas, I’m all too familiar with the jaw-dropping face-palming pouring your heart out only for it to be erased experience xD)

Think I might be too late but I'll tell you my experience for future reference anyways xD So I've found LSD combines nicely with weed, but that’s kinda a general consensus xD I've ALSO found LSD combines nicely with speed, ok, ok, pharmaceutical grade dexedrine instant release, which is prolly a little different than a different than combining with speed but you get the point xD. However, it seems that in general most people I know do NOT like this combination, and although they were taking different stims like coke n adderall, i think the stimulant experience shouldn't be toooo different. I have combined vyvanse with acid n nbomes (60mg) a few times n didn’t think it changed the trip too much, however I wasn't really sure what it was like to trip without a stim. Those times I also smoked weed, n once had some dxm (twas a bit worried about serotonin syndrome, but it was fucking awsum, I turned time. Wouldn't recommend it though unless you know what you're doing more than I do, cuz from my knowledge that's a bit of a no no..)

Anyways, when I did take dexedrine ir and lucy, the only time I really consider having "done" the combo, the other times I just mentioned although they kind of just happened, n I was pretty come down, I enjoyed it immensely!!!! It didn't diminish the trip, or really intensify it for that matter. It just sorta changed it. For instance, the music euphoria seemed much more intense, and didn't fade in the same way it normally does after the come up (so make sure you got dem mp3s charged n headphones on you kids!! :p) . I also felt less social. Well, less talkative I suppose is a better way to put it. Which seems kinda odd. I could feel the music, in a different way than usual, and although I can't be sure the same would hold true again, music seemed more enjoyable through my headphones than through speakers. Coulda been factors like not my music, not loud enough, not blocking out background noise, ect that made that so for my case though. I was cool being in the group but not participating, but since I was even MORE of a little cigarette fiend than usual I was totally ok with the fact no one followed me on my cigarette breaks xD The few times they did I was a tad like >.> hmmph >.> Make sure you have smokes if you smoke beforehand, or can easily adventure on over to a store! That is... if you smoke :p

I found myself closing my eyes much more. Normally I walk around looking at things, but this trip I found myself walking for the good part of a mile with them shut. Don't recall the urge to walk (which always leads to run) backwards I usually get either.. Might just be forgetting or that it never occurred tho xD I don't think my close eyed visuals were super intrinsic or WOW worthy, at least compared to normal anyways, the shutting of my eyes just had more to do with the fact it was more of a body high, and music was a far more important stimuli than visual or conversational input. Interestingly TV and people talking seemed less interesting than normal, so sound enjoyment wasn't increased, just music. I can't tell if the enjoyment of other sounds, one's coming from other people's mouths for instance, where less enjoyable because they were interfering with my ability to hear music or for some other reason.

Overall, my own world was where I wanted to be, but although I love tripping alone I in no way minded having company. Nor did I feel remotely weird leaving them at frequent intervals xD.

One thing I will add though is that when I smoked weed (pretty late in the trip, felt like I’d come down for the most part) things got.. how do I say this, confusing. Straight up confusing. Well, I’d be cool if I had my song going, but it was so hard to change songs, especially if I paused it for a second or took my headphones out. This went on pretty music for the remainder of the trip, which seemed to go on for several hours after it should have.. but that could just be cuz weed catalyzes trips and not cuz of dee amphetamines xD Anyways, I tried to socialize at some point, as all my friends who hadn’t stayed up had gotten up and were gathered in the kitchen, but it was hard. Note that before socializing had not been hard at all, it had just not been something I had any desire to do. In fact the only desire to socialize came from the fact I liked all the people I was with and didn’t get to see all of them that often, so I wanted to spend time with them, just… not verbally. At least that night. Luckily my friends are understanding of the fact I love Emma Land xD.

However, now it was hard to talk. Not in a scary way. But just following conversations, thinking of responses, and THEN opening my mouth too verbalize my thought seemed like a process. Especially the physical action of talking. I started making trips outside, where as soon as I got the fresh air n the beats going everything was cool n I could think clearly. For some fucking reason though, whenever I went back inside, even if I was still listening to music, the world got confusing again!!! It wasn’t that it was overwhelming or unpleasant, it’s just that the trip before I smoked weed had been SO much more enjoyable. It had been fucking amazing. I should note I also drank like 1 beer, maybe 2?, a bit before smoking the weed, but after the parts of the trip I’m recounting about my experience mixing. Basically when I’d started to come down. I don’t think that contributed to the confuzzlement though cuz it literally didn’t happen till the moment I smoked, which was after I drank, and was still with me after the alcohol woulda worn off.

I got to thinking, I know my friends consumed weed on most, if not all, of the occasions they combined stimulants with LSD, and really wonder if that might have had something to do with why they found the combination a tad too overwhelming to be enjoyable. Of course non of them mentioned the possibility marijuana contributed to them not enjoying such trips, which is understandable since they never, well maaaaybe not never :p, trip without smoking. But from my experience it sure does change the experience! N since they most likely woulda smoked before they dropped in such instances it’s possible they wouldn’t notice it’s contribution.

Basically, Lucy n weed, lucy n speed, just don’t combine weed lucy n speed, unless you want to xD. Instant release I think is better than extended in terms of combining, well in terms of everything really 8) Make sure you have a way to listen to music if you do the combo because it makes music soooo enjoyable and turns it more into a body high that’ll have you floating through your own little world. Of course this might only be the case for someone who has a love for amphetamines…

On a side note, I’ve taken LSD in amphetamine withdrawal and find it wakes me up just fine, the reason I take it in fact o_O so if you’re ever worried about being tired and that’s the sole reason you wish to combine such things don’t stress, you’ll wake up alright xD

Have fun and, as always,
Take Care =)

Tnx for the reply :) I have dexedrine IR. And I'll be at an outdoor psytrance event, so I'll be good :D Good dj and vj, awesome decoration, preformers. And yeah, nature :)

How much dex did you take with the acid the time you did the combo? I don't smoke weed, so that won't be a problem for me.

Tnx for the reply :) I have dexedrine IR. And I'll be at an outdoor psytrance event, so I'll be good :D Good dj and vj, awesome decoration, preformers. And yeah, nature :)

How much dex did you take with the acid the time you did the combo? I don't smoke weed, so that won't be a problem for me.

Uhh I think I took 80 mg, mighta been 60 or a 100 but I really doubt it. It wasn't at the same time though, but the trip was definately altered n dex is what I think it musta been. I think combined would be fun! But I wouldnt take such a high dose. I think I took 60mgs around 4pm, then another 20mgs around 8-10pm. Actually it's possible I took 100, I mighta redosed twice. Either way, I believe I took my acid at 12am although I have a funny memory of dropping really fucking late, like 2 am, n it's possible I last redosed at 11 pm. I think I took my last dose about of dex about 2 hours before I dropped, although it miiiiiiiight have been as much as 3, or as little as 1. Sorry I'm not much help xD just I wasn't planning on recording the times and I remember I took it upon myself to remember when another 2 people dosed, n we all dosed at different times that night, since I was feeling supa organized :cool: btw i know thats a rogue dose n I'm kinda a paranoid lil twat n really don't like being told what I already know which is that's a lot. See, it's ok for me to say it, but if you do I might freak the fuck out and go like spongebob in circles screaming AHAH AHAHHH AHAHH :p I appreciate it, I'm way too much or a worrier to not risk being an asshole hahaha.

If you ever have any other questions tho lemme know.

Have fun!!!! Outdoor music festivals are the best xD xD xD also I was gonna mention although I said I liked headphons more than speakers I thought concert speakers would be the best of all of them xD not sure if youre doing the combo, my advice is youre day will be awsum either way. And don't forget to have the least amount of shit in your pockets as possible because being weighed down while tripping sucks a buttload >.< make sure to stay hydrated n truly mark what time you dose too to avoid confusion as well! dunno if it fucks you up so much but numbers sure fuck me up tripping.

ACID. It makes everything harder. Except having fun!!!! That was the conclusion I came up with the other day xD

dancing on a hill slant is an event in itself btw o_O

Nice, then it shouldn't really be a problem taking my regular dose of dex with lsd. I'm gonna start without it though, but have it as an option in case I feel like I need a bit more energy.

I'm a little bit worried about the weather though. Cold and a little bit of rain. Gonna wear comfy warm clothes, so hopefully I won't be bothered by them. And we are gonna put up a camp with lots of cover from the rain, so as long as we keep dry I think it will be really nice. :D