View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and Cognitive Impairment

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Having given up methamphetmine (and also MDMA) mainly due to the extended cognitive impairment it produced and the serious impact it had on my academic work I'm revewing my options for drugs. I've taken quite a few trips in my time (mayee 50) but I've never really paid attention to whether it was impairing my cognitive ability especially since I often took other drugs around the same time. However, I have a serious deadline to produce a dissertation and can't risk taking drugs that might slow down my progress (meth already derailed my work for 6 months).

While I'm familiar with LSD seeming to spark personal insight and perhaps creativity, I'm interested in experience or research around the lingering effects that it has on motivation, working and episodic memory and executive functioning. I'm especially interested in whether such effects are dose dependent as I tend to trip big when I do trip.

Anyone feel their intellectual (as opposed to spiritual) game was either lifted or retarded due to LSD. Bonus points for links to scientific articles on this question.

Thanks

for myself for at least 1-2 weeks i will feel pretty drained from a big trip and can't do much but i feel like it improves my overall memory long term and motivation to get on with life. its just the lack of sleep and overclocking the brain on LSD that just makes me feel tired for a while where i can't do anything but rest up. Overall long term LSD has repaired my neural pathways but took much of it makes me feel spacey if done every week for months on end.

Mmm yes I have felt extremely down and out for perhaps 5-7days after some stronger experiences with 3-5 tabs and such (don't believe I've went over 5 yet). I do believe LSD is quite motivating, but it may leave you unmotivated paradoxically for a few days after the experience. I definitely felt strongly like I made a complete full recovery with no lasting damage (all speculation, yet still fairly confident it enhanced my being rather than diminished it and that any damage is negligible). Probably best to not trip so strong very often especially if it does this too you as we can be almost certain you will mess your self up that way of course. Actually since I quit being a vegan (was vegan for 5 years with some rare exceptions) closing in on 3 years now, I seem to experience much less of the psychedelic blues after tripping.

If lsd is your option for academic work then microdosing is the only option in my opinion.
A full dose (100ug+) will leave most people not feeling 100% back to baseline for a day or two (ymmv)
Many people report that microdosing acts as a sort of performance enhancement agent... I would honestly just not use drugs until completion of your dissertation...I mean , drugs arent going anywhere, they'ĺl still be there when your done your academic work!