View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and Bodybuilding

woodyfence

Bluelighter
Hello, I've been tripping for a little over a year now and have consumed multiple sheets of acid in total (I'm in college, it only makes sense right?!). Well, I started taking LSD every day or two back in January for a couple of months; just one or two tabs at a time, nothing too much. However, I did notice that my bodybuilding gains were always relevant whenever I took LSD; I began to progress twice as fast as previously, and added 5 pounds to my bench press every two weeks whereas before it would take me a month. Is there a causation here or is it just a coincidence? Is there any science that would dictate this being an effect of LSD?

The same thing happens to me. I started to use 1p-LSD in February, a full-on trip once a month (100 ug) and micro-dosing on and off (6-12 ug) every third day.

I’m not into body building but I do moderate weight lifting as part of a healthy lifestyle. I gained muscular mass and doubled the weight I usually lift in barely 4 months. Same thing with cycling, it takes me 20% less time to go to work. I also noted that my joint resistance increased. Moreover, physical activity is getting more enjoyable.

Reading your post makes me realize there might be more than a coincidence to that. I never heard anything about it and have no idea what could be the physiological basis to that.

Can't see how it's directly related.

A lot of the time, people really want to believe their drug of choice does everything and more than it actually does. Placebo is actually a real thing, and it's not out of the question that you could be pushing harder with that in mind.

LSD is a pretty powerful stimulant, so there's that. I'd be skeptical of drawing any conclusions from how you felt when you were taking LSD every day though.

It's just a coincidence.

The lover of the bisexual artist Robert Mapplethorpe, Lisa Lyon who was or is a body builder she was into PCP and cocaine, and she probably also used a lot of Ketamine since she became John Lilly's adopted adult daughter/lover when Mapplethorpe died of AIDS.

I don't think the LSD itself could possible have directly caused you to put on muscle mass (like the way hormones would), but I believe that LSD absolutely is a tool that can help people to excel physically, in terms of the mental component. It can help for learning the headspace/attitude/presence of mind where you are able to work out closer to your limits, push yourself further, focus, etc.

I believe that LSD has helped me in this kind of way, by helping me to realize my priorities, see what it means to be really present in the moment, given me the inspiration to push further. Post LSD, I return to my activities whole-heartedly with more energy drive and focus.

In terms of performing physically while actually on LSD, it does have stimulating properties, and at the right dosage it seems to enhance senses in just the right way where I think I've been able to to perform at a higher level physically. It also can break open new ways of approaching sport, activity, dance etc, and lead to better ways of doing the same thing. A bit of a crap shoot though because tripping is pretty random.

Hello, I've been tripping for a little over a year now and have consumed multiple sheets of acid in total (I'm in college, it only makes sense right?!). Well, I started taking LSD every day or two back in January for a couple of months; just one or two tabs at a time, nothing too much. However, I did notice that my bodybuilding gains were always relevant whenever I took LSD; I began to progress twice as fast as previously, and added 5 pounds to my bench press every two weeks whereas before it would take me a month. Is there a causation here or is it just a coincidence? Is there any science that would dictate this being an effect of LSD?

I lift fairly regularly and shrooms, weed pcp and some others (nver did LSD at the gym) all increase my lifts...I have always attributed it to my mind not "getting in the way".
Many things can be done better if you don't know that they can't and psychs get ones mind out of the way and the "can't" part doesn't show up a much...IME anyway.
I never did it enough to see any big gains in muscle mass because of it though, just a particular exercise and just while tripping.