View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD analogs

Wutang_Forever

Bluelighter
Seems like LSD analogs are becoming popular and well known. Everything about LSD and it's production seem so mythical, seems possible these analogs have been on the underground market for a long time. Maybe all we ever got is a close-to-LSD type substance that is easier to produce? Does this potentially explain "unclean acid" ?

I'm not a synth expert but I believe most of these analogs are a few extra steps beyond LSD. Not necessarily a short cut. There is a lot of controversy about the unclean acid thing but what it boils down to for the most part is LSD is LSD (there are some threads about it if you use the search). There is some people that believe that impurities can cause the 'dirty acid' theory but it's nothing solid. It's kind of a touchy subject.

My belief is the differences between acid batches are because of the purity level (%), which would obviously give you a different feel to your trip(99% pure L compared to 75%L clean/dirty)

But that just makes sense to me, not a proven thing

Uh oh not this thread again :p

LSD will always be LSD, that much has already been stated (so I won't beat the living shit out of that dead horse like I usually do...). My belief on the matter is pretty much as jammin83 and Peacephrog1972 eluded to - impurities in the final product through imperfect synthesis. This is only part of the 'answer' though, as we all know how strongly set/setting/etc etc etc can vary a trip.

I'm not a chemist by a LONG shot, though my understanding of the actual "LSD analogues" like 1P-LSD, AL-LAD, ETH-LAD etc are that they're as jammin83 states - a step (or more) beyond the LSD stage of synthesis. But that's somewhat pointless to discuss any further, as it may start to tread the line of synth discussion aka against the rules ;)

My problem with all these analogues out on the market makes it almost impossible to know if you have genuine lsd. Back in the 90s or early 2000s if you had a Ehrlich test you could almost guarantee that what you have is lsd.
Now if you get a Ehrlich test and it obviously isn't a labeled blotter you really don't know if its lsd ,1p-lsd, lsz al lad ,and now eth lad. Or it could be a mix of them.
So this is actually going to make finding genuine lsd quite difficult without sending a sample to wedinos or another facility that can tell them apart though gcms.
Someone could literally sell eth lad or 1p lsd all day long at a festival and not have one person no the difference.
Anyone else think the same thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really doubt that stuff gets circulated as much as LSD and they have different effects than LSD too for the most part. It's not any cheaper, just easier to get for some. You are more likely to get an nbome than a lysergamide. I wouldn't have a problem with with a lysergamide so long as they told me. Maybe some people would try and pass it off but I think it would be pretty rare.

I would know as soon as it hit my tounge its was a nbome if its bitter it is a spitter. Idk mid Atlantic USA must not be where the lsd is cuz I haven't seen it in 14 years.
I mean it would seem that since you can get Crystal over the internet that you would see alot of that being misrepresented as lsd. because the pesron doesn't know or whoever sold it didn't tell you it was xxx lad
At least you know that crystal is what is is when getting 1p and the rest. Rather than hoping that that Crystal you got off a dark web site of wherever is pure.
Hell if I could get lsd Id pay al lad prices for it in a heart beat. Lsd is not something I want to do everyday just at festivals and concerts and special occasions.

I know that 1p definetly uses LSD before it is formed as I emailed a known vendor enquiring how the synthesis went (obvs they didn't give me a method or anything but I was told the synth pathway , LSD - ISO 1plsd - 1plsd) so I'd say it's probably a more complex synth for the likes of al lad , lsz and esp eth lad which method was very difficult until recently :)

Uh oh not this thread again :p

LSD will always be LSD, that much has already been stated (so I won't beat the living shit out of that dead horse like I usually do...). My belief on the matter is pretty much as jammin83 and Peacephrog1972 eluded to - impurities in the final product through imperfect synthesis. This is only part of the 'answer' though, as we all know how strongly set/setting/etc etc etc can vary a trip.

I'm not a chemist by a LONG shot, though my understanding of the actual "LSD analogues" like 1P-LSD, AL-LAD, ETH-LAD etc are that they're as jammin83 states - a step (or more) beyond the LSD stage of synthesis. But that's somewhat pointless to discuss any further, as it may start to tread the line of synth discussion aka against the rules ;)

N-modified LSD analogs are as easy to make as LSD. Just substitute the desired amine instead of diethylamine. Methylisopropylamine gives MIPLA, R-sec-butylamine gives R-LSB, SS-2,4-dimethyllazetidine gives SS-LSZ, 3-pentylamine gives LSP, etc...

I've also wondered this, if there have been LSD analogs floating around on the black market (distributed as acid) before this current era of being able to find them on the clearnet. I've never heard of black market tabs being tested and showing up as an LSD analog, but maybe it would be easy to miss as their profile might be really similar to LSD, so unless the tester knew to suspect a close analog they might just see LSD. I don't know enough about lab analysis to know.

What a amazing time we live in right now we are very lucky that technology had evolved enough for eth lad to be made. I didn't think i was going to see it as i heard synthesis was very low yielding. Apparently as seph stated they have found a higher yeilding rout. Which rocks. Untill they make it illegal which. I think it will take a while in the west because lsd has such a good safety profile and doesn't come up in the news. I just hope to god vice doesn't do a fucking documentary. Lol

I've also wondered this, if there have been LSD analogs floating around on the black market (distributed as acid) before this current era of being able to find them on the clearnet. I've never heard of black market tabs being tested and showing up as an LSD analog, but maybe it would be easy to miss as their profile might be really similar to LSD, so unless the tester knew to suspect a close analog they might just see LSD. I don't know enough about lab analysis to know.

Here's a report of some blottors that contained an unidentified ergoloid: http://countyourculture.com/2011/12/01/non-lsd-ergoloids/
The lab was unable to identify it other than it not being LSD but it was a ergoloid.

I have reviewed DEA testing results of street acid which is from the 80's I believe. Most of the blotter tested had a black and white picture of the blotter paper, had the microgram quantities of the blotter, and had the location of seizure.

All of the blotter in the document was true LSD according to the DEA. Would an analog show up as something other than LSD at the DEA testing lab??