• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD, Amphetamines and (Possible) Nootropics for an All-Night Creative Writing Session

PsychonautRyan

Bluelighter
I have a cup of hot coffee next to me right now, with 20 mg of Adderall XR beads being melted away and dissolved with the sugar, and I took a tablespoon of baking soda and DXM about an hour-and-a-half ago. I have an overdue essay from my Composition II, about the analysis and concept of the Self, and basically one of three options: write about someone in your social circle who you idolize as a figure, or write about your own critical perspective of your personality, in either case, write about why they/you are the way they/you are. The third option, is writing about the concept of Self from an academic, esoteric viewpoint, and that seemed the most interesting.

Though I feel confident and motivated (hey the Adderall's kicking in!) about getting this essay knocked out of the way, all essay options, being abstract, are deep and philosophical, so would combining a light dose of LSD (say, 50 to 70 micrograms), with the amphetamines be a good mix to tackle the philosophical and concrete aspects of writing this essay at the same time?

Or would I just be asking for paranoia/anxiety, given that both substances have their own speedy effects? And has anybody tried nootropics at these low doses?

Anyone? I'm kind of deferring either way as to whether I'd be walking into a bad trip or if this could be a productive combination.

I don't know man. Why be up all night on more drugs? Just use the addy to get it done. It's just school.

Gee thanks, anyway, I'd like to just use a psychedelic as well so I'm not overly-rigid and concrete due to amphetamine hyper-focusing, and acid would disinhibit me to be more creative and abstract in writing a philosophical essay.

don tknow man, i feel amps will overpower a low dose acid. it also seems a bit over the top, doing drugs to finish an assignment...
just make do with whats already in your system, thats my 2c

wouldn't you rather trip acid in peace with no obligations when you can actually find out why you are who you are, instead of not being able to do anything but formulate thoughts (good part) and then dealing with having to type these thoughts woven together with proper formatting for the assignment? I get your thought process, and in principle it's not a terrible idea but I can't think of many things that sound worse for an LSD trip setting than "completing an overdue paper which may or may not significantly impact your future".

ace the paper the normal way with just amps, drop acid and enjoy yourself when it comes back as an A+

I've done psychedelics with 'creative outbursts' being on my agenda and had success making or coming up with ideas for cartoons, drawings and music production. Despite the success it made me wary of using psychedelics entirely for this reason, because I do not want to create a dependency by setting standards for myself that I can only meet by using drugs.

For that reason even doing the stimulants to complete the assignment is dubious and I would not call it "the normal way" 8) so if it's for an assignment, don't even start with it since a success might become more of a problem than a fail. However if you occasionally want to do this experimentally with no assignment to finish, but instead just on your own creative volition then if it's not too often I would recommend it. If you are already taking a psychedelic I'm not sure if stimulants are even required or helpful, and nootropics can make a trip much more intense in an unpredictable way and if you don't judge the dosages correctly it could throw you into the fits of a strongly spiritual trip instead of a functional, level-headed and creative one. IME acid and 4-HO-MET are the most creative ones but the more I am enveloped in intense hallucinogenic effects the more potentially bizarre ideas can get but the less able I become to actually express them directly (so I just write them down for the time being).

The amph will certainly make you loose whatever makes you more creative of the LSD and it can be hard to focus on a psychedelic, depending on where your mind takes you. I'd just say to hell with the LSD and work on your assignment.

EDIT: Err, just looked at the timestamps and my post is a bit redundant

Why dont you write about your amphetamine abuse in a self critical manner?

If you are experienced enough to write a school essay on amphetamines and lsd than you don't need anyone else's advice on doing so.

is tripping on acid going to make you write a better paper? no. Musical improv, or painting, or something where you have time to edit and revise is one thing, but yea.

Also, suggesting that 70 micrograms is a nootropic dose on a public message forum is irresponsible.

That being said. Shit. Do it. You'll dig it lol.

I know this is an old thread...... but just curious, did you end up actually writing the paper after taking the acid? Seems like it would be kind of a push pull where the adderall would improve focus where the acid would do the exact opposite. 70 micrograms is a lowish dose but not that low. 10 to 20 micrograms is more microdosing territory. 70 is around the threshold of psychedelia and visuals. So...... probably not the sort of thing that would lend itself to writing a paper. Also .... writing a paper probably isn't the best setting for a trip. Sounds pretty awful to me.