View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD alone for first time. Any advice?

Mysterion2134

Greenlighter
First time taking lsd and i will be alone. Any advice?

Ok so I'm getting acid tomorrow for the first time. I've been wanting to take psychedelics for about 2 years now and I've always gotten close to getting shrooms and acid but it just never worked out and I'm finally getting it for sure. The problem is that I can't stay anywhere for probation reasons(yes I know I shouldn't be doing any drugs on probation but my time is almost done and they don't test for acid and the bad part of it is done and over with). So I'm more than likely gonna have to trip alone unless I find someone to stay at my house but that's sadly hard to do anymore with issues with friends. Now apparently this acid is strong so I figured I'd split it in two and take half for my first time. I just wanna know if I should wait for the right time to do it or if I should be fine doing it by myself for the first time on a low dose. Like I said I've been wanting to this stuff for a long time now so I've done plenty of research.

I've only ever smoked a lot of pot and done ecstasy a few times but the e was never even good and I hardly got anything out of them. So I have no experience with psychedelics at all

. I have anxiety issues at different times of my life and recently my life's been kind of enlightening and positive so I feel I should be fine and if I have a hint of doubt I'm gonna wait to do it another time. I mainly just want advice and maybe hear other people's experience when they were alone and if I should be fine.

I don't post here much I used to be I big time visitor of this website but once I got on probation I didn't mess with drugs so I had no reason to come on here so if rules have changed or if I'm doing something wrong let me know.

Last edited:
Nervousness is normal :) and healthy. If you're a music person, that could make or
Break your experience. I never venture without some tunes. Don't psych yourself out too bad. You seem reasonable. Good luck!

The optimal time to dose this would be without all that background stress going on in your life, but it could help as well, do you feel comfortable with yourself?

Yeah I'm past probably one of the darkest times of my life and I've been nothing but positive recently so I trust myself. I'm a really big music person I play a few instruments and I can't go a day with out listening to one of my playlists so I figured I'd be listening to music either way

I just wanna know if I should wait for the right time to do it or if I should be fine doing it by myself for the first time on a low dose.

You'll be fine on your own. 1/2 tab is ok. I suggest dosing only once in a session, and adding no more than 1/4 tab in subsequent sessions. Pick a calm, familiar environment.

Best wishes now and always.

Last edited:
Yeah you'll be alright man. ive been there....and my only advice is dont expect. Have no expectation. whatsoever. whatever happens, happens.
Just go with the flow, weed for me isnt the one on psychs unless im super stoned BEFORE. Everyone is different though, again have no expectation of this, if something doesnt quite work for you youll find out, learn, and move on.

I wish you well. im sure you will have lots of fun. :)

It turns out I won't be getting it tonight now anyways, not until a few days from now. Isn't a bad thing though, I had my hopes up and have nothing to do now lol but I have more time to I guess you could say prepare and I can plan it out a bit more.

Thanks for all the replies so far there's a slight chance I can still get some but the chances are slim I'll keep updated if I remember to

It would be fun and safe if you aren't alone when that happens. When I was younger a lot of people told me to be surrounded by people I trust. It was a good advice for be back then. I'd be a lot more concerned back then.

Alone is always the best way to take any psych, you tube Terrance McKenna and make sure the tabs arnt bitter, if it's bitter it's a spitter

I don't get why people talk about benzo if an LSD trip is too intense, when I take a benzo on LSD it feels like a drop in an ocean of comfort.
And OP about taking psychedelics alone or with people, well Id say its all about you, if your more of an inner person who is more lost in his thoughts than you might prefer staying alone but if you are an outer person who is always talking with people, then doing it in a more social context will be less scary.
The best with LSD is to start low like half a tab and gradually increase the dosage to a comfortable level. But like others said if it tastes bitter it's a spitter (another advantage of starting low is that if you get fake LSD the dose you will absorb before realizing its not LSD will be far less big, altho some take a dive in the unknown and try the run but IMO its careless).

On LSD music is pretty good, well everything is awsome, it usually is the most recurring feeling. So just go with the flow and make so that your are in a place with a good range of freedom, without too much people to ask what you are doing and why. Make life simple to your brain because he will have alot on his plate already :p. The ideal is in a house where there are no parents and some close friends or if more comfortable alone. On low doses I like to do normal things I just feel 100x better, but if the visuals become bigger I prefer to switch to music and sit or lay down.
The most important thing with LSD is to go with the flow and don't fight it, own it.

Tripping alone, for me, has mostly been the preferred method. When I went to shows regularly, back in the day, I used to trip with groups of people, which is awesome as well, especially if you are cool with all the people. But it is a challenge tripping hard and being in public, so you always have to make sure that you have a driver and/or someone around who could handle a tough situation if it went down. But...tripping alone became my preferred thing years later, as long as I had a super comfortable place to be, everything I need, and most importantly, have all my music available. Music and psychs have always been like P, B and J for me anyway, and I love going WAY deep with large doses in the comfort of my own home. If you make it right, it can be the greatest thing ever, at least for me.

The most important thing with LSD is to go with the flow and don't fight it, own it.

that is pretty much the best advice id give as well.

personally i might choose to have some trusted friends around, just so I can verbalise some of my experience with someone who knows me. on your own is good too. best steer clear of loud, busy etc environments, esp. for your first trip. don't forget the tunes :)

Well I'm taking it in less then 30 mins I just gotta finish a few of my chores that I do every night. I'm only takin half and another friend of mine is too but not with me but we'll prob FaceTime after about a few hours. I feel I should be fine I had a good day and nothing is really on my mind that is bothering me. I'll try to remeber to let you guys know what happens

Shit it was kinda bitter I spit out I guess there's no turning back now I'm not takin other half though ?

So what happened with that half bitter blotter? Did you have a high, if yest are you able to Idenity the drug you were given?