• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD & acid reflux

swilow said:
I more meant its not such a safe idea combinging a proton pump inhibtor with a histamine inhibitor like ranitidine. At least, my doctor (who "kindly" foists off sample paks of Nexium to me) claims this to be the case. You may wanna get your stomach checked out, if you haven't already, if these drugs aren't helping your reflux...

Anyway, back OT...its a stress-related thing, nothing to be concerned by particularly, except that heartburn etc. is very painful, and one wishes to avoid physical pain on LSD.

are you certain about that? i asked my pharmacist and he said it was safe to combine proton pump inhibitors with h2 blockers.

^Defintely not "sure", but I chose to listen to my doctor- fwiw, he has co-prescribed me metaclopramide and SSRI's, which are known to be a causative factor in seratonin syndrome, and has also prescribed me ridiculous amounts of diazepam- so take it with a grain of salt.

I'm kinda paranoid about my stomach; I like it working well, when it isn't I feel like utter crap. Thats one of the main reasons I keep smoking weed, my stomach literally hurts when I go without it....bummer.

Hi welcome :)

I guess this is what the police call a 'cold case', from 2008. fwiw no sugar doesn't help either but stress is a really important factor and in my experience even some harmless anxieties can wring my stomach a bit on LSD. My very first trip on acid I couldn't stop burping a little every 10 seconds.

Acid reflux is a symptom of your friend's entire system running in an overly acidic state, and is caused by poor eating habits. Meat, milk, sugar, soft drinks, citrus, coffee and alcohol are all system acidifiers. Bringing the system back into a more alkaline state will dramatically reduce the number of acid reflux episodes. Chronic acidosis is the primary cause of inflammation in the body, and a precursor to heart disease and cancer. So acid reflux is much more to do with poor diet and an overly acid system than anything else. I am unaware of any evidence suggesting there is a link between acid reflux and LSD.

By the way, while your friend works on a long-term solution, Pepcid tablets are absolutely effective in treating acid reflux episodes, we're talking like completely gone in 30 minutes, but she shouldn't take any more than one a day. She needs to work on alkalizing her system - getting her body PH up above 7. If she doesn't get control of that, she's in for trouble eventually.

Last edited:
Old ass thread I replied to without being very helpful like eight years past but basically take an OTC remedy and forget about it, it'll pass. GI side effects are not that uncommon with all sorts of drugs there are a lot of different receptors down there that can be twaddled by different pharmacological agents; there's even serotonin receptors in the gut; pH may not be the entire issue but a bit of pepto or some such should sort you.