• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD/Acid - Memory Loss - Ego Loss Difference?

Pretty_Diamonds

Bluelight Crew
Hi,

So, my boyfriend and I tripped on some LSD/Acid. It was on candy but tasted like candy (as in, totally flavorless -- not bitter, chemical taste, so I feel like was authentic LSD).

Overall, great trip.

However, while we were downing, he lost his childhood memories, who he was as a person (even asked me, "Am I a good boyfriend?")--later shared this being a legit concern because he couldn't remember what kind of person/boyfriend he was. He was not "trying" to think of childhood memories but trying to engage in normal conversation with me but couldn't pull up basic information such as, who am I?, so gave the best generic information he could, to "shut me up".

Vs, I'm very much like, "I don't know" or "I have no idea how to answer that"....

This is only his 2nd time of trying acid. He said he didn't want to seem, "dumb" or "stupid".

He's been researching this "phenonmon". I told him it seems like, "ego loss" -- loss of identity/memories. But he's insisiting that he knew who he was, he just has selective memory. We both took, "half a dose", I'm not sure how potent it was but I've tried acid 10x and it did seem pretty potent. Also only 5x was it "tasteless" so... I suspect that this was "pure"... but did get me VERY high.

Can advice, similar experience, or how should I approach this with him? He said his overall experience was POSITIVE.. but he thought "ego loss" meant more like you lose yourself and how important you are; therefore realize how insignificant yours problems are. But he felt more... loss of memories.. and feeling like he was going to be trapped there forever.

three different kinds of mental change fall into the general category of ego loss, but none of them are easy to identify exactly except for the first:
1) blackout - this High dose response can be a deep dip into the darkest pit or the brightest explosion of light - or it may be several instances during a trip in which nothing makes sense, no recollection of events follows, and a person may be either:
a) unconscious - total blackout or white out.
b) somnabulistic - sleep walking - zombie ish.
c) delirious - hallucinating alternate world and interacting with thtat world while unable to see the world around you - like somnabulistic, but very involved.
during these experiences memory may form but it is not a memory of the consensual world. later either just the dream or nothing is recalled.
2. Context Loss, during which experiences are so unusual, that the usual contextual references are unavailable while immersed in the experience that is richly flooding your mind with unusual contextual sensation of the stoned world. Later you can come down and remember your name etc. but not all the amazing stuff, but when stoned again you can AMAZINGLY recognize the cues from that strange stoned space-time continuum. this is a high dose response but not as extreme as black out. - Your partner had this
3. Psychedelic transcendental alignment when you have access to all memory and may feel connected to everything, but attached to nothing in particular, this is usually also combined with mistaken belief that you are enlightened - on a mission from god etc.
Psychedelic alignment is never guaranteed but it is very much worth trying to experience, open but unattached to all mental experience, and fearing or avoiding nothing.

Ego Loss is an interpretation of the 3.rd - but it is very poorly understood in our community. It is healing if you do not get caught up in feelings of grandeur.

Last edited:
that is a superb post Pupnik. I can easily say I've been through every step/stage you laid out. The whitest of white love, the darkest dark of being lost and despair, and everything in between.

The "transcendental alignment" god complex had me end up in the hospital once while jumping out a 2nd story window because I had to "prove my worth" or some shit and nothing could hurt or touch me because I transcended.... transcended to a huge hospital bill involving cat scans, a broken pelvis, plates and screws and what not. If it weren't for my living in a large city with a teaching hospital (no real insurance) I might not be walking right now. I laugh about it now because I rememb er the whole experience and it is Kind of funny the crazy shit I was doing.

ahhhhh youth. All I know is some places I've reached seem more real to me than this world and I really want to find out why/how I can access them all the time.

I've felt the kundalini energy build in my spine, grow all the way up, and explode out of my crown giving me the most intense visions that shaped the way I have lived my life the past 15 years. I have been tripping on some 2c-x and mxe and SEEN my charkras whirling. I was like half in the dark of my bathroom and half in the light of my room and in this perfect lighting I could see my lower chakras spinning. SOOOO bright and beautiful. Open like a cup kinda and whirling. whooosh wooosh wooosh woosh. This was before I really got into all that....

so the fact that I SAW and KNEW they existed thanks to psychedelics has really helped form a large part of my human mind and what i believe. I have more stories I could go on for days. I guess this thread issn't about me and I hijacked it, sorry yall.