View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD (acid) cured my Schizotypal personality disorder

The Cure

Greenlighter
I want to start by saying Hi, i'm new to the forum. And this is my first post. :)

Ill give you a back story on how my life was before i took this LSD. 8)
I was a sad and pathetic existence to life. All i did everyday was wake up, smoke my bowl of marijuana and stayed inside all day. The only time i went out is when my friends called me out to smoke and besides that And the only time i ever went outside was to pick up more weed was a great life. I wouldn't go outside a lot because my anxiety killed my to. My face and body started to deteriorate because of long term smoking and other things 8) But, when my life looked like it was going down the shitter :( (i didn't see that in till now) my dealer told me about acid. So i said sure why not. I had a wonderful trip (i'm sure most of us reading this post had theirs ;) ) and it made me realize what a sad and pathetic life i lived as. As i tripped i saw my life, and my friends were assholes who wanted my weed, and cared nothing else because they were addicted on weed and some synthetic steroids. I saw how my entire life i knew as, was a lie. I felt a bunch of different emotions at once. But in the end, I cared not for what my life was. I had this feeling of gratefulness of what my life could be. So i went from this Schizotypal person with a life looking as if it were going into a shit hole, to a new (more awake) person who sees life the greatest. So I don't care what people say about LSD's, they cured me.

I want to know if anyone else had one of these (LIFE CHANGING) moments too.
LSD's can cure personality disorders if people tell them about it, and save them $120.00 on some psychologist ( who tells them nothing so they come back to spend another $120.00 :!) and only spend $10-$20 dollars for a hit of acid %).

tumblr_me0jdhvTqs1rppefco1_500.jpg

I'm glad that it turned your life around but I'm not sure that calling it a schizotypal personality disorder is appropriate. I very much doubt that you can cure that with LSD or that anyone would even have to, many schizoids are fine with the way they are and living a bit retreated compared to others and/or being more introverted doesn't have to be the same as leading an apathetic life. And yes I have first-hand experience with schizoids.

(Just for the record, in case anyone was wondering schizotypal / schizoid personalities are an entirely different thing from schizophrenia)

Anyway let's just focus on what happened with you and whether something like that has happened with others - whatever we call it - shall we? For me psychedelics like LSD can sometimes give that extra boost to a paradigm shift, whether that is about philosophical perspective or lifestyle changes doesn't necessarily matter... the desintegration-reintegration process helps wiping the slate clean and to gain more abiding momentum while doing a 180 -or so - degree turn.
Nevertheless, don't underestimate how hardwired habits can be and combat them by staying highly conscious of your actions, values and decisions.

I Always knew LSD was a medicine that can cure certain disorders..Nice post

Schizotypal personality disorder, I know at least one and he drops acid. He walks around shoeless, in a top hat. He's lucid and happy, he is just very eccentric. I wouldn't say LSD has changed him in either a positive or negative way. There are some personality disorders I would like to see LSD tried on because who knows? I wouldn't hold out much hope this class drugs are going to help people's serious mental health issues like say depression. It can change your life, give you new perspectives and all that. It's just not a cure for anything specific.

I think Psychs can cure most personality disorders.

My anxiety is gone. Not 100% sure about depression but why not

I would say it cured most of my problems.

My anxiety is gone, my depression is gone, i don't have that feeling of wanting to be in solitude, my attitude towards school and life changed. People i know even said, are you feeling OK? You're acting like a different person than usual. I'll take more responsibility for my actions. I guess i am still having a little trouble getting used to feeling this way (Just because i never felt like this before)

Hey, made an account just to respond here, i hope you see this i know its 2 years late, but i have just (in the last few days) had a life changing experience as well. I had Schizoid Personality Disorder- extreme apathy, emotional detachment, no driving goals in life, etc. and long story short, after a three day music festival partaking in various substances, i feel things now. i actually have emotions. when i first realized it, i was actually overwhelmed and had a meltdown, which is not a thing i ever remember having. i have not cried from sadness since i was starting middle school. but i started thinking about how different of a person i was, and how different my mind suddenly worked, that i got scared my friends wouldnt like me anymore, and then i got overwhelmed by the fact that i was even upset by that, because i never considered them friends before, they were just kinda there to relieve boredom? i was feeling so much all at once, i just cried for hours. but im alright now, it is just a day later but i guess i havent lost my ability to adapt to new situations. i suddenly have one of those stereotypical thoughts, like ive actually got my whole life ahead of me, that theres so much now that i can experience, and make memories from, people to meet, things to find out about myself. i never would have gone to a therapist, i was perfectly functional. but thats all i was. i was going to have a successful life, with no disasters or crises, but i also was never going to feel all these things the human mind is capable of. i keep sitting back to just revel in what its like to actually FEEL an emotion just wash through your body. it has been 3 days since i have taken anything- i am no doubt sober- and i am no doubt a whole new person. i still cant quite wrap my mind around how much my brain just works differently now.

I'm very glad for you!

LSD can be such an awakening...

Just I do think that people need to be careful not to see it as something that can magically cure their problems, cause facing everything that is under the surface can also end up in a lot of bad ways.
Be prepared to deal with that...