• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD 3 Days in a row caused Tinnitus (Never take an Anti Psychotic to end a trip)

The Caretaker

Greenlighter
Hi guys. This is my first thread. Long story short, the first day I did 1 hit. The second day I did 2 hits. That night I was up all night drinking. I drank 8 16 ozs of beer through the night. While drunk at 5 in the morning on the 3rd day I decided to do 7 hits.

This is where the problem starts. As the day went on I had homework to turn in, I realized there was no way I was going to complete it on 7 hits of acid. The trip was actually going pretty well, nonetheless I looked up that an anti psychotic would "end" a trip. I took a Risperidone tablet and it was the worst decision ever. The trip did end but replaced it with a full blown panic attack and being trapped in my mind.

This is the part that is worrying me. I slept like a rock that night (after all it was a 3 day trip with minimal sleep), woke up the next morning and I actually felt pretty good. LATER THAT EVENING I WAS DOING HOMEWORK AND BOOM....A RINGING IN MY HEAD/EARS, LATER WHAT I FOUND OUT IS CALLED TINNITUS. It is like the high pitched ringing in your ears after a loud concert EXCEPT IT DOES NOT GO AWAY. Here we are a week later, and it is still ringing. I am beginning to accept that I am going to have to live with this.

I really feel like taking the Risperidone has caused this, although I have found personal reports of people having Tinnitus from just a small dose of LSD.

On top of this, I do have some lingering anxiety and depression, but have experience with this from a year ago after taking MDMA 4 days in a row. That is a horror story in itself. There is also a pressure in my ears and I know I do not feel right. I believe it is PTSD and some symptoms of HPPD (depersonalization/derealization, but I know positive thinking is the only thing that will help.

What is really worrying me right now is the Tinnitus. I don't really have any real purpose for posting this thread, but as a reminder for people to be smart. I would not want anyone to end up like this. I saw a kid on the other thread taking 23 triple C's and it drove me to make an account, along with my recent experience. I really felt bad for him. Other people think we are just a bunch of dumb drug users, but it is very complex what drives us to get fucked up. I am 24 now and first started smoking weed when I was 14. In this time period I have done a lot of stupid shit and hard drugs. Everything except crack and heroin pretty much.

I do want to say this to anyone who will listen. Sometimes the party has to end guys. Also it is better to under-do it than over-do it when it comes to drugs. Sometimes there is no going back. P.S. I have to keep editing :) when you take these different substances there is already little research on them and nobody really knows what the hell is going on. It's really a helpless feeling knowing that a doctor is not going to know shit is wrong with me right now and that only I can figure it out. This is scary as hell :) :(

I hope this ringing in my ear subsides but if not I will be plagued with this for life. Please be safe friends :(

Last edited:
Ive taken many antipsychotics and never got tinnitus. Alexander shulgin had tinnitus. I think youll be fine. I really hope it goes away. A lot of people have it

Or, you had been ignoring it, but always had it; you may be slightly deaf, tinnitus accompanies hearing loss - you could get your hearing checked if it bugs you. Hearing aids often reduce tinnitus.

sounds like you went through too much of a good thing too fast otherwise.

I had a quite strong tinnitus for 2-3 weeks. I thought it would keep forever. With time it faded out. Now I get it ocassionally, maybe one random day or two a year. I think you will recover, just be patient and try to think the less possible of it. In my case putting some low frequency sounds via the subwoofer helped relieving the symptoms. Try this on loud volume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vBBJ0fUj3M

(You would need a decent subwoofer with loud power to hear that)

I also fail to get the conection with the risperdal. Is more probably related to the 7 hit dose, that was quite massive and after a 3 day binge was a llitle too stressing for some aural brain area.

You will recover. Be patient. And don´t binge so heavy next time.

Edit: That´s kind of obvious I guess, but anyway: Try to minimize the use of headphones and use it sparingly and only on low volume. Also, get some earplugs in case you go to concerts or discos or places with strong sound pressure.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys. Also I want to clarify I don't think it is strictly the anti psychotic that has caused it, but maybe taking that with the LSD had some kind of interaction, God only knows. I do hope the Tinnitus goes away. I did also suffer a panic attack the whole day and it could be some sort of PTSD. I am not sure. Maybe I will respond to this thread in a year and we'll see what happens.

It very well could be lingering anxiety after such an intense panic attack. The same thing happens to me after a substance induced panic attack. My head usually does not feel right for a few days and sometimes longer. After a horrific LSD trip 3 years ago I had a strange tension in my head that lasted a couple months (Almost positive it was PTSD related)

Hi. I had forgotten about bluelight. I am happy to say that my tinnitus has gone away! What really helped was around 1 month or 2, I eventually started trying to just ignore it. What I had been doing was listening to these waterfall sounds to mask it, and then seeing if it would go away. It was focusing on it very heavily. I don't know if it healed naturally or if it was something that I did, but I do know I started making every effort to ignore it and just go about my day. I don't even think of it anymore. If I cover my ears slightly right now, I can hear a small sound, but I think it's normal. The most important thing is it is completely off my mind.

I've had tinnitus since i was a little kid. It comes and goes a lot based on how much you're paying attention to it. Sometimes I'll get fixated on it for a few days, and then not notice it for months. But in very silent environments, I can always hear it. I notice it exacerbated by alcohol for me.

Glad you've had a such a positive outcome to this! Its definitely scary having the constant ringing, wondering if it will go away, if its always been there, or if it always has been.