• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSA_Aqueous

No all I was trying to say is that the rotovap would be faster at evaporating the methanol than a fan. There is no need to dissolve it a second time and then pull the solvent.

You can just ingest the crystals or dissolve them for volumetric dosing.

No all I was trying to say is that the rotovap would be faster at evaporating the methanol than a fan. There is no need to dissolve it a second time and then pull the solvent.
Cool. Hopefully by next week I'll have a result I can share with you guys. Idk why my acetone extract came out as a yellow brownish sludge. I just did 600 morning glory seeds with a defat even tho someone already told me it was unnecessary. It could be the difference between methanol and acetone tho I thought acetone was quite strong already.

Cool. Hopefully by next week I'll have a result I can share with you guys. Idk why my acetone extract came out as a yellow brownish sludge. I just did 600 morning glory seeds with a defat even tho someone already told me it was unnecessary. It could be the difference between methanol and acetone tho I thought acetone was quite strong already.
I used heet

I made a methanol extract of mg seeds once and ended up with yellow crystals. Dosed the crystals and it worked!
Maybe it needs to be done with morning glory cause I tried this and I ended up with goo that looked exactly the same to my acetone extract.

@simstim I am. I used about 40 and the first pull was a brown gunk, the next two were a little lighter like you talked about, but honestly still didn't look much different to my first pull of 80 seeds with Iso Alch. I dried all three pulls in a dehydrator trying to evaporate all moisture possible, and took the combined result and redissolving in acetone, however they don't really want to dissolve back into a solution it looks like. Anyway, I have 1000 morning glories the Purpurea variety and could try another few methanol pulls and see if I get anything different. How long do you think the seeds need to stay in the methanol solution, did you say? And also, do you think defatting is unnecessary this go around? I have medium aliphatic petroleum naphtha I could use to defat right now I just want to focus on getting pure Kash's tek-like crystals without doing the actual tek cause obtaining chloroform or DCM actually stresses me out though I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

Anyway, so I did a defat of HBWR and the methanol extraction yielded the same dark goo that I've been getting. Oh well. But my 1000 morning glory seed extract went great. Skipped the defat, strait to methanol extraction. This was the first pull I got, and I can see the quality of what you're talking about. It's in the dehydrator now at 37°c to cook off the last of any remaining methanol. It's not crystally per sae, but it does look like the cleanest extract I've ever got. Basically looking like wax. Apologies for the bad quality photo I kind of did this in a rush @simstim

I evaporated mine over a wide surface area so mine was spread petty thin and looked crystalline when I scraped it up. I imagine that if it had dried into a lump it would look like yours.

I know it's been a while but I recently came across some info of converting LSA into LSD. While the method obviously doesn't include a distillation apparatus for any of the Ergotomides, is this how I can get my start? I wonder if this method is used by people who can't get the ergot purpea mold and might account for the bitter taste in some of the LSD I get from "backyard chemists".

You are so off its actually scary...

If it was possible to make something even remotely close to LSD from lsa containing seeds it would have been done.
There are literally houndreds of PhD chemists who have tinkered with the process of synthing various forms of ergot based chems.

I really dont want to sound like a douche but why would somehow without any chemical knowledge suddenly make it possible?

You are so off its actually scary...

If it was possible to make something even remotely close to LSD from lsa containing seeds it would have been done.
There are literally houndreds of PhD chemists who have tinkered with the process of synthing various forms of ergot based chems.

I really dont want to sound like a douche but why would somehow without any chemical knowledge suddenly make it possible?
Okay well you're free to have that opinion man, I just want to point out US patent US2997470A is the patent for the extraction of Lysergic Acid Amides to LSD-25, so yes it can be done and has. Also, I've grown alot in my knowledge of chemistry and though I'm not a doctor or involved with any official college classes, since the time I posted that I have learned way, way more and have access to thousands of dollars worth of equipment. I really just need to keep learning and stay on the direction I'm going and I will figure it out. I'll be sure to share it with everyone here once I do, cause Bluelight's input and suggestions and comments like yours inspire me to take this project to its final realization.

Okay well you're free to have that opinion man, I just want to point out US patent US2997470A is the patent for the extraction of Lysergic Acid Amides to LSD-25, so yes it can be done and has. Also, I've grown alot in my knowledge of chemistry and though I'm not a doctor or involved with any official college classes, since the time I posted that I have learned way, way more and have access to thousands of dollars worth of equipment. I really just need to keep learning and stay on the direction I'm going and I will figure it out. I'll be sure to share it with everyone here once I do, cause Bluelight's input and suggestions and comments like yours inspire me to take this project to its final realization.
I didn't know you were trying to make LSD. Why not just dose the purified LSA? Acid isn't that expensive to just buy. You can get analogs readily on the clearnet.

You know I once wanted to setup a lab to make some loperamide esters. It's a very simple heat reduction reaction, but the only person I ever read about synthesizing acetyl loperamide died of a stroke shortly after he started using it and I'm not too keen to find out if that was why.

Ergamine is in a few different sources, including ipomea seeds.
I think it’s cool that you’re trying to convert and start from this material.
I always sought that out and never got past flaky yellow crystals (which were fun, btw!).

I lacked any knowledge and formal training, but was doing the MG extracts back in the 80s.
I always hoped more info would surface and that someone would take it to the next level.

But it’s prolly tricky without good gear (which you have access to), lighting, temperature control, etc.
Forge ahead with a bunch of us BL-er’s encouragement! But take all cautions, of course.

I didn't know you were trying to make LSD. Why not just dose the purified LSA? Acid isn't that expensive to just buy. You can get analogs readily on the clearnet.
Well, just like one who loves weed there comes the eventual intention of growing it instead of buying it constantly. Same thing with mushrooms. I'm not in it for the money, but for the propensity for LSD to change lives.