• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Low potency opioid ( Tilidine) vs Oxycodone

Michael1706

Bluelighter
Hello, this is my first post. I'm Michael from Germany. I take a short acting low potency opioid - Tilidine (it's used in Germany , Switzerland and I think Belgium) - daily. Potency roughly 0,2 compared to Morphine, so it's a bit stronger than Tramadol and similar to DHC, only much less sedating. I take it 3 times daily since 2013. I reduced my dose by 20% within the last 7 days.

I had Oxy's 2 times in the past. Once 30 mg XR crushed up and taken orally. Barely felt anything. Second time 30 mg XR orally and 45 min later 10 mg intranasally.
It was a feeling like the door to euphoria beeing 3 cm open, not 1 cm more. I thought " 10-15 mg more and it would have been great". Had a warm feeling for 30 minutes, like coming up, felt a bit lightheaded. Then it faded.

Now I have access to instant release Oxycodone. My question: Are IR Oxy pills stronger than crushed XR Oxy pills, even if the extended release pills are crushed as fine as powder?

Last time I thought I'd take 50 mg at once next time. But now I'm in doubt. I took Xanax every 2nd day for a couple months (3-5 mg), stopped on December 31 and took 1 mg 3 days ago. I think it's out of my system.
I also took Valium about 6 or 7 times (mostly between 20 and 50 mg) at the end of December, then 45 mg 8 days ago and 5 mg 2 days ago. It has a long half life. Does it still has an influence if I take the Oxycodone tomorrow or the day after?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Can I take 40-50 mg Oxy IR without risking an OD?

Last edited:
If it was the old formula Oxy and you crushed it the first time for XR, then it would be just like taking instant release and the same dose, so I wouldn't be too worried. I'd start with 40 mg and then take the last 10 just to be safe, but 50 mg of Oxy isn't that high of a dose that I would put it as being close to an overdose.

Nevermind, it took to long. I estimate there was 4 and a bit gr in it and i got a good buzz from it. Not as nice as oxy but still decent and no itching whatsoever. I left a part of the liquid in a empty cola bottle and accidently flushed it. :(