• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Low doses of mescaline - aphrodisiac effects?

drseltsam

Bluelighter
I am very much into the combination of psychedelic drugs and sex. I read from some sources that mescaline can be an aphrodisiac at low doses and did some research on the net to find evidence for this. As mescaline should be very low risk at low doses, I thought it might be a nice option and interesting for people to read about it.

I found some vague information on sex and mescaline. Some people seem to have heightened skin sensitivity at doses around 80 mg of mescaline HCl (source) and some other report says that "sex is improved" (source).

Do you have any experience on the topic? For me, it would be very useful to compare against 2C-B, as I have some experience with low doses of it and enjoyed this quite a lot.

I did not find a specific thread on this topic, so I thought might as well start it. Perhaps a moderator could link it to the mega thread if there is any useful information on it.

Thanks in advance!

Absolutely! It enhances the senses. Many people enjoy lower doses of mushrooms or even LSD for sex, but it would get too trippy for me. Low doses of mescaline are gentle but the heightening of senses is significant which makes for a good time. Can't really hurt to try, as long as you're with someone you feel completely safe and comfortable around.

Thanks for your answer morphine-dreams! So you would say that you would get a tactile enhancement (similar to 2C-B?) but no mind trip from low doses of mescaline?

I haven't tried 2C-B but yes, tactile enhancement plus mild visual enhancement (brighter colors mainly) but no real head trip whatsoever. I've also used low dose mescaline during opioid withdrawal, it's a tough one to have a hard time on in lower doses. I smoked some weed with it each time as well. It really feels more like an empathogen than a psychedelic to me at the right dose. I really have no bad things to say about it :) I did experience mild but fleeting nausea, and I think that was only because I drank the cactus juice instead of taking extracted mescaline. Have fun!

Thanks! I guess I will go for something like 75-80 mg to start with and see what happens. I am very sensitive towards these kind of compounds and I guess this should do the trick for me. Just give me some 6-8 weeks when my cool down is over and I report back. I did 2C-B two weeks ago and prefer not to consume anything for two months (yes, this includes ethanol).

I haven't ever tried to have sex on mescaline but I can easily imagine that it would have aphrodisiac properties at low to moderate doses. It's such a lush, sensual, opening sort of trip.

Hmm from what I read something like proscaline would be exceptionally suited for something like that as it should retain that part of the mescaline effects but being weaker in the psychospiritual department... unfortunately I didn't yet get to try mine.

*takes note to try proscaline* But yeah, Xorkoth worded it much better than I did (lush, sensual, opening) and I'm in full agreement, as usual. Plus I personally find that there's less body load than with most psychedelics. I actually didn't feel any, the nausea was purely from the taste of the cactus juice lol

Thanks for the comments. I would not go for proscaline as the very little is known on the risks compared to mescaline. Mescaline seems to have one of the strongest safety profiles, which makes this an ideal choice.

Xorkoth, thanks for the description. What doses would this correspond to? I guess for the description this is all you can ask for :) To quote Huxley:

We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

Any dose I've ever taken of it, it's been that sort of feeling. Of course it's probably best for sex in lower dosages so the psychedelia doesn't start to get in the way. Have you done mescaline before? It's really one of the gentlest and lovliest things there is.

San Pedro for sure after the peak though its a must I heard that about 2cb. I had some for the first time a few months ago and the only thing I could take away was the rainbow coming off everything were pretty lol. Surfing on mescaline is the best the water swirling colors people turning into there animal versions as they battle for waves while i sit patiently the next peak down picking up everything they cant it brought my style up a notch or 2 as well and i started turning around watching the wave break while I was on it, kinda takes u from a participant to observer:)

Xorkoth, I never did the drug before but I was considering it in the near future. I extracted around 270 mg of the HCl salt from a cactus (which I still have to wash with acetone/IPA). It is rather interesting that you mention that mescaline is so gentle. I heard this for 2C-B and I am inclined to agree but as with mescaline I had way more respect. I guess the risk of having a bad trip at 75 mg is pretty low and one way to get used to it.

If you would compare a low dose of mescaline to a low dose of amphetamine or meth-amphetamine, would that be comparable? I guess these aphrodisiac effects are something that all PEA have in common.

Xorkoth, I never did the drug before but I was considering it in the near future. I extracted around 270 mg of the HCl salt from a cactus (which I still have to wash with acetone/IPA). It is rather interesting that you mention that mescaline is so gentle. I heard this for 2C-B and I am inclined to agree but as with mescaline I had way more respect. I guess the risk of having a bad trip at 75 mg is pretty low and one way to get used to it.

If you would compare a low dose of mescaline to a low dose of amphetamine or meth-amphetamine, would that be comparable? I guess these aphrodisiac effects are something that all PEA have in common.

75mg is a very low dose of pure mescaline, it will probably just be threshold. I took 500mg and had a very satisfying but peaceful and easy experience. Mescaline is not in-your-face like mushrooms or LSD, except perhaps at very high dosages. I honestly can't imagine having a bad trip on it, it's peaceful and loving, a quiet, gentle teacher. I have a great deal of respect for it because it's a special and beautiful compound, it's just more subtle than most psychedelics.

^hearing comments like that always make me say that i need to try mescaline. tried once with san pedro but had heavy tollerance from 25I...so i barely felt it. but it did feel really good like a clean, light, stimulant or something. not neccesarily sexual at all in my opinion though.

Mescaline makes me feel very in tune with my physical/animal self. It's not specifically pro-sexual but if sexual energies come to be, I have no doubt it could be an amazing facilitator of the sexual experience, as it is an amazing facilitator of any experience.

I guess I'll try my usual approach that I do with 2C-B: having sex during the come up to ensure that things are going in the right direction.

As I am not that experienced I would still argue that it is a good idea to start with a low dose and do more in subsequent trials. I am not the kind of guy that likes to be surprised.

I screwed up an allergy test today with very interesting results.

After having extracted mescaline HCl, I was worried that I could be allergic towards some impurities from the plant. I have a lot of food allergies and during the extraction and the drying I sometimes had the feeling that there might be something in there.

Thus I did extensive cleaning of the material end ended up with a fraction of slightly, slightly yellow and one perfectly white mescaline HCl. I did an allergy test with 15 mg of the slightly, slightly yellow stuff to see if there are any reactions.

Good news: there was no allergic reaction :)
"Bad news": I could very well feel the 15 mg. After 60-70 minutes the middle of my chest got worm and was feeling good. Skin sensitivity was heightened and from this it was very easy to get aroused. Sex was nice, but not as intense as on 10-11 mg of 2C-B. The whole thing was very subtle but noticeable.

Overall this was a very social thing. I was slightly euphoric, in a very good mood, and very talkative. The only downside was that it was a bit harder to focus than usual and after 4h into the drug I had a small crash as I ate too little during the day. A bit of rest and food fixed this in 20 minutes.

Is the warm chest a sign of elevated blood pressure or hart rate?