• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Low dose Tramadol caused Oxy ineffectiveness?

tranquilleX

Greenlighter
Hey guys, long time lurker. I'll try and keep it short. Disclaimer: all substances I mention are prescribed to me and legal in my country (Netherlands).

I just took 2x5mg G.L. Pharma Oxycodone (IR) and have a low tolerance to opiates. I took 50mg of Tramadol a day, on and off, for 2 weeks.
Stopped doing that for a week, last week, to prepare for Oxy. Also just took 20mg of Temazepam, medium tolerance due to infrequent but long term therapeutic use.

Frankly, I'm not feeling much, other than a very subtle calmness. Ironically, 20mg of Temazepam alone gives me more of a buzz.

Smoked some cannabis to see if it helps (it greatly increases Temazepam efficacy) but again, very mild reaction.

Could I have built up such a huge tolerance from the Tramadol use? I remember the first time I took 1mg of Oxynorm (after surgery) and then 20mg of Temazepam and I was in absolute bliss.

Also, is taking another 5mg to see if it helps too reckless?

Thanks for any input.

P.s. normally my writing is more coherent and better formatted. My apologies.

Last edited:
It's possible that you are just building a tolerance from the long term use and during the time you've been taking tramadol it has very slightly increased. Tramadol shouldn't have any nullifying properties on other opiates.

It could also be that you are still experiencing slight SNRI effects from the tramadol and it's changing the way oxy hits you.

id go for it... it really aint that much to be honest ;) its only the temazapam i dont like in the mix....

Oh I've had amazing results combining opiates with Temazepam, for me the most recreational of the benzos.

@falsifiedhypothesi: To clarify, I have only used Tramadol for the 2 weeks, before that I had 0 tolerance to opiates as I hadn't used them for a year. I do like your insight in the SNRI component of Tramadol, I think you might be right. Thanks for the reply!

I'll bump up the dose next time. ;)

I don't think it's the tramadol dulling your oxycodone buzz, more likely it's the temazepam because it's a sedative. Taking the two simultaneously will make me sleepy and nullify the oxy stimulation. You want to be careful being that they are both CNS depressants. Try just taking oxy by itself next time.

You're right, I am aware of the potential synergistic danger, hence I keep the dosage at therapeutic values plus I never drink.

Trying Oxy on its own at a higher dosage seems like the best course of action, thanks for the insight guys.

I am new member and have question plz looking for quick reply
I am past opioid IV user. Been 5 yrs since last IV use. I went snorting due to where I live a new prescription law requires prescription to purchase syringes
By chance picked new one at an undisclosed office. If I try 30mg of oxy will I feel anything or go with 45 mg. I thought I’d give it a try. By the way I’m 62yrs old. Any knowledge out there.

Hey @Mary L . :) I don't know your tolerance so I can not comment on your dosages. Nobody really can tell you how much you should take. But in the interest of harm reduction, I would recommend you to not IV oxy. It has pretty good oral bioavailability and the harms of, even "proper", Iving of pills most definitely outweigh the benefits. If you need more solid advice I would advise you to make a new thread where you would explain more about your situation so more experienced members of this wonderful community can give you more info. Stay safe! :)