• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe low dose sub questions

unclemike

Greenlighter
hey there! long time reader first time poster here. i am not great at navigating the forums so i apologize if this is the wrong place for this, but i just had some sub questions. long story short i used oxys for a few years, generally 30-90mg a day, graduated to H for a very brief period while also using powder, and stopped about 3 years ago. since then I have off and on for sbeen using hydro IV 2mg 4x/day for shirt 1-2 week periods at a time, as i have a reliable connection to it. never use long enough to withdrawal. after a long period of abstinence, I started getting cravings but my connection wasn’t yet ready, so I started taking low doses of suboxone (0.3-1mg/day). i also have access to 0.3mg/mL iv bupe which I have also taken at times, not exceeding 0.6mg/day IV. I have been doing this for a few weeks now. so generally speaking i feel I have been taking pretty low doses daily, never exceeding 2mg, if not but once or twice in my life. I know every individual is different, but I guess my questions are, being that I started subs at a relatively low dose and kept a low dose, what do you guys think my withdrawals will look like once I stop? how long do you think 1mg sub will fully block other ops? I’ve taken 30mg oxy about 26 hours after a 1mg dose and it seemed blunted. I also worry about the psychological aspect of stopping subs. I feel great on them, fully functional, but i would really like to just not rely on any substance. I’m not worried about being physically sick for a few days, I’m worried about the depression that others have mentioned. Do you think that even though I’ve been on small amounts for only a few months, that I will have these severe consequences after stopping? Thanks so much guys take care!

I have used subs like this on a daily basis.... half MG to 2mg iv for months and when I came off I definitely had withdrawal. Nothing to write home about but insomnia...chills... lethargy. It took about a week and alot of ambition but once I got moving again I was just fine.

i am 4 days off subs, not sleeping well and i have a hockey game later today. i am thinking about taking 0.25 sub just to get me through the day so i can function. will this set me back?

Yeah it will, any opioid acting substance you take will just prolong the withdrawals. Do you have access to comfort meds like benzos or pregabalin/gabapentin? Those types of things work wonderfully to disguise opiate wds.
so i did end up taking a piece of sub and now I’m back at square one. i have access to gabapentin 100mg and i have kratom, can prob pick up kpin or something. not sure i have ever really gotten any benefit from the kratom but to be fair I have only taken kratom in conjunction with other opioids. if I went the gaba route I would prob need much more than 100mg right? years ago i remember taking 300-600. thanks!