• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Low dose MXE to help with benzo withdrawal??

I B Profane

Bluelighter
I'll try and keep it short and sweet. Mods, if this is not the right place for this, please feel free to move it.

I have been taking benzos on a near-daily basis for about a year now. During this time I've learned a lot about benzos and how much of a double-edged sword they can be. They work MIRACLES for my generalized & social anxiety disorder (diagnosed by a psych) but running out of them too soon SUCKS. Since I try my best these days to use them EXTREMELY cautiously, I have always been smart enough with my tapering to avoid seizure or any other seriously threatening condition. I have gone up to two weeks with no benzos before, and while it was very difficult, I did not seize up. I currently take 1.5mg etizolam per day (.5mg spaced out every 6-8 hours), and while I am aware that I am dependent, I believe my dose is low enough that abrupt cessation will not cause seizures at this point.

However, today I got some very bad news. The package of etizolam that I had been expecting is currently in USPS limbo...after an hour of being put on a wild goose chase and staying on hold forever to find my package, I've reached the conclusion that "undeliverable as addressed" pretty much means I'm not gonna fuckin' get it, and I don't get paid until tomorrow, so I will have to wait a minimum of 3 days before I can get any again. I also don't have any right now, and don't currently know where to source any. Oh, and I work two double shifts in the next 3-4 days. This. Sucks.

I'll spare you my sob story, because honestly I know that I'll just have to put up with 3-4 days of shitty rebound anxiety and insomnia and maybe some mild tremors until I get my next package, and until then I'm gonna be hurting and there's not a whole lot I can do about it other than tough it out.

MY QUESTION IS:

So I happen to have a lot of methoxetamine. Has anybody used this, or ketamine, or any other dissociative, to help gabaergic withdrawal? I've heard anecdotally that low DXM seems to work wonders for opiate withdrawal. From a pharmacology standpoint, it would seem to me that low dose mxe would be EXTREMELY helpful in getting me through the worst of this. I'm aware I will still have to suffer through benzo w/d, but MXE's opioid affinity, anesthetic properties, NDMA agonism, and doesn't it affect GABA and dopamine as well? I know that low dose ketamine helps with depression, and FWIW whenever I k-hole or m-hole, I find myself needing/wanting fewer benzos, as the afterglow puts me in an extremely zen introspective headspace.

Sorry for this jumbled incoherent mess of a post, I have a lot on my mind right now. I basically just want to know 1) will microdosing mxe, say 5-10mg bumps every time I need to, be of any benefit to me at all during the etiz rebounding I'm about to go through? 2) Does anybody have any personal experience with this? If so please share.

MXE and marijuana are pretty much the only drugs I have access to until my shipment comes in in the next few days. Going to a doctor is NOT an option as I have no insurance, and I've been through this enough times to know that I'm not in any physical danger. And hopefully I can source some benzos or gabapentin at some point during all of this, but if anybody has any input on any of this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks BL community.

No, I don't think there is any opioid affinity and GABA / dopamine don't have much to do with MXE, or dopamine only indirectly.

Benzo withdrawals are very very nasty (I know from experience), but there is not a lot that you can substitute. Other downers really, and then taper them.
Stuff like pregabalin did work wonders for a very short GHB withdrawal situation for me, and something like phenibut can work for other GABAergics.

MXE has an edgy side and it doesn't make pharmacological sense to take it now. Be careful, you might make things worse.

Or you can go to a pharmacy / drugstore and get valerian ?

^ Valerian is going to be your best bet, and/or a very small amount of alcohol (though get public transport for the next few days if you're going to consume any alcohol) - although it's fairly rare, some of the stimulating dissociatives have actually caused seizures on their own before so I think it's safe to say that they lower the seizure threshold - meaning taking them to combat withdrawals that also lower the seizure threshold could be potentially risky.

They might help the psychological aspects, but they may make the physical ones worse. Valerian and alcohol on the other hand are GABAergics like Benzos and should help :)

I wouldnt try to just switch crutches likes this. Like suggested above, phenibut or even a couple beers would work better than mxe. You may find too comfortable of a place with mxe while trying to replace etizolam and may start something worse.

Hey, maybe you could try alpha-casozepine? It's a natural benzodiazepine produced from trypsine hydrolysis of cow milk, in my country I can get it at the pharmacy without a prescription, usually it's mixed with other stuff (like L-theanine, sedative plants etc.) According to Wikipedia (article in French only) it has affinity for the GABA-A receptors, much lower than synthetic benzos, but with no addiction or tolerance. They discovered it because they noticed toddlers were more relaxed than what food fullness would bring after drinking milk (toddlers use trypsine, a different enzyme than us adults, which produces the alpha-casozepine). It's used for animals too, called Zylkene. An example for humans is called Seriane. Check out the abstract here for example: http://peer.ccsd.cnrs.fr/docs/00/58/01/84/PDF/PEER_stage2_10.1016%2Fj.amp.2009.07.015.pdf

Also from what I've read, baicalin, baicalein and wogonin (all present in Scutellaria lateriflora), as well as apigenin (present in chamomile) all have GABA-A affinity.Maybe you can combine all of this. Alpha-casozepin is also called "αs1-CN(91-100)".Good luck :)

Alpha casozepine is not a benzodiazepine, it is a peptide and does not contain the chemical structure that makes something a benzo.
Even if it does bind to the benzodiazepine receptor site on GABA A receptors, the correct term would be non-benzodiazepine. :)

You could also call it a benzo substitute instead.

Yes you're right, I usually check that kind of stuff before posting, here I was in a hurry (and also on Prazepam, which makes me much less of a perfectionist lol).

P.S.: also hiding behind a proxy hence my double post (screws up the edit function) ;)