View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Low dose ketamine equivalence to DXM.

Renald

Bluelighter
I am a very cautious user, and have only tried ketamine at 15 mg intramuscular dosage. This dosage caused quite a noticeable dissociation and was enough for me as an antidepressant. At that moment I was on duloxetine 60 mg daily. Now I acquired decent amount of DXM, withdrew duloxetine and trying to count what approximate dose of DXM will cause the same dissociative effects as 15 mg of ketamine intramuscular? Today I tried 90 mg, separated into three doses in 3-4 hours of time (45 mg + 30 mg + 15 mg). Due to panic attacks happening every day now I needed to take an extra small dosage of clonazepam (0.25 mg). Clonazepam significantly reduces the dissociation from these drugs, despite this at the peak I felt the dissociation like from less than 10 mg of ketamine. My body mass is about 60 kg.
What are your equivalences in extra low dose region?

In my experience dxm was totally unlike any other dissociative I've ever taken. It was more like a full blown trip with a beginning, a middle and an end.

(Sorry, i realise this doesn't answer your question at all!)

I think ketamine on SNRI is very similar to DMX. Almost all the same receptors are hit, only you have the difference in affinity. At the moment I am trying to titrate the dose and "feel" its equivalence.
More input from the users of both substances is appreciated. What is the feeling of ketamine with SNRI vs pure ketamine? I have never tried ketamine without SNRI.

Even with major tolerance I notice subtle but effective dissociation at just 50 mg with DXM, also, the SRI activity is much more noticeable at these lower doses - hence why some (including myself) have used it as a makeshift (albeit messy) antidepressant at threshold dosages.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here? If you have ketamine I see no reason to deal with dextromethorphan's rather harsh body load. I can't see them being all that similar though, seeing how anesthetic K is versus the extremely stimulating nature of DXM.

To me the first plateau is slightly dissociative in some sense (motor coordination is affected somewhat) but lacking in terms of the mental aspect of disconnecting from the external world. First plateau trips almost opposite in that they are slightly stimulating and make me feel more engaged with the external world. I've never done IM ketamine so I'm not sure how it compares to sniffing ketamine but to me treshold doses of ketamine feel more "dissociating" than DXM at treshold doses. The wonkyness and mental disconnect is always quite prominent with ketamine.

For the OP I'd recommend upping the dose a bit more to get stronger first plateau effects, something around 150mg should be good.

Even with major tolerance I notice subtle but effective dissociation at just 50 mg with DXM, also, the SRI activity is much more noticeable at these lower doses - hence why some (including myself) have used it as a makeshift (albeit messy) antidepressant at threshold dosages.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here? If you have ketamine I see no reason to deal with dextromethorphan's rather harsh body load. I can't see them being all that similar though, seeing how anesthetic K is versus the extremely stimulating nature of DXM.

No, I have no ketamine at this moment, and even being myself a doctor, I cant get it legally here in my country. At this moment I am trying to counter depression with DXM ant titrating the dose to the acceptable.

i would suppose mid to high 1st platoe but there isn't a way to say for sure.

Bodyload? With DXM?? Man I can't even feel my body on DXM

Is DXM really that viable as an antidepressant? I know that, most of the time, I'm in a fantastic mood the day after a trip but I never would've thought to use it as a functional antidepressant.. Messy would most certainly be a way to describe it

Ketamine lasted about a week after a low one time 15-25 mg i.m. dose for me. Still hadnt calculated the equivalent DXM dose and still had not undrestood its effects.