• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Low dose buprenorphine to POTENTIATE opiate agonists

I forgot I wrote giant post here, haha. Anyway, more two cents from myself and some more info that may or may not be common knowledge. I have never actually tried to use suboxone with a full agonist; I always used plain subutex so mine was always a mixed agonist. I would have thought it would have been a waste as well, but maybe it was the time difference, although, Naloxone has only a half life of 1-1.5 hours and after first pass metabolism has a BA of 2% (first pass is 90%). Whereas Bup. has a half life of "20-70, {with a} mean {of} 37 hours". Now that I know this, it seems that if you wait maybe 2-3 hours after a dose of suboxone, the nalaxone would pretty much be doing blocking so youd be left with just the mixed action Bupe to mix with another opiate, and if that opiate competes better, then boom, should potentiate just like using a lesser opioid to potentiate a better opioid.
Something I just found out about the blockade effect of bupe is that "The blockade effect also has the result of blocking endogenous endorphins from binding to receptors which can lead to psychological alterations in mood and mental capacity. This can cause cognitive and memory deficiencies via blockade of the reward system which is pertinent to memory formation and normal mental function." "{Without consideration for cross-tolerance}, if enough buprenorphine is in the system, however, it has the same type of effect as naloxone, i.e. it completely or nearly completely blocks or reverses opiate effects from other opioids. 0.3 mg of buprenorphine parenterally is equivalent in antagonistic effect to between 0.4 and 2.0 mg of naloxone parenterally, but with a much longer half-life."- I dont know if I believe that last one though, or else this thread would not exist. I always used 2mg to potentiate my roxies (but my ROA was IV for the roxies and oral for the pure bupe, so I dont know): I also used 2mg of subtuex to potentiate the effects of Kratom (to some success). Enough info for now, I am currently working on a long post like I did before but that is naloxone specific rather than bupe, if you guys don't mind.

Last edited:
i have a heroin habit, am i right n saying if i took little enough subixone not to cause PWS and waited a while then smoked my heroin the bupe could potentiate it (i dont take an subs usually)

sorry if this is noobish

I have had good luck potentiating my oxy back when I would IV it with Bupe. I would sublingually administer 1mg of bupe (no naloxone), just subutex, and then about an hour later i would IV my oxy. I def noticed a difference. I dont know much about smoking opiates though and the effects of nalaxone on potentiation aside from the fact that small doses of nalox can potentiate.