• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lots of drugs, mostly just LSD and MDMA and weed, messed up my sober life.

Aire

Greenlighter
Hi Bluelight.

So four weeks ago, exactly one month ago, SWIM and I took two tabs. We tripped pretty hard, at least harder than we ever had before, and we came down in about four to five hours. Then, we got stoned, and MEGA tripped for the rest of the night. Not like any level 4 psychedelic experience stuff, but at least pretty hard for what it was. I was scared of him kinda, and I felt like a cube, lots of stuff. The weeks following I definitely felt extremely sober, it didn't have any lasting effects.

Two weeks ago was the last time I dropped acid, with the same SWIM. It was about my fourthish time in the span of about four or five weeks. The weekend after, however, I got my hands on some MDMA. The dude was pretty trustworthy and it was in rock form, so I thought the chances were that it was indeed (at least mostly) pure MDMA. We each took .25g, and we got pretty much the classic experience. The day after, I fell down with an EXTREME depression which lasted about 15 minutes. I got over it, and kinda picked up my personality in the right order afterwards.

The week following, I didn't have any identity problems - I felt pretty much me. I did a bunch of drugs that week, but I honestly don't think they long-term affected my brain. I got stoned on Tuesday (off of some indica - didn't get too trippy, besides the after-effects of MDMA still being present), took a small dosage of Oxycodone on Monday I think, Adderall, daydrinking, and some caffeine pills on Wednesday, Thursday was sober and then I got a different strain of weed to smoke for Friday. Nothing was really wavy, visual perception was still spot on, time was still pretty okay, and my thought patterns were all coming back to baseline.

I honestly feel like all of those drugs^ didn't affect my brain permanently as much as this fucking weed did. Friday, the same SWIM and I got stoned in the woods, and the acid trip that we had not two, but FOUR weeks prior, came back in a smaller form. Our sensations were the same pretty much the same, (My sense of touch blended pretty hard with its surroundings, and SWIM saw patterns). Since they were technically both weed-induced trips, it made sense: any underlying habits our brain formed the first time got brought out again four weeks later by some crazy sativa. Honestly, like retards, we didn't really think much of it. The next night, we got more stoned off of the same shit, and we tripped pretty damn hard for just some weed. It fucked with our personalities, made me different and it made him different. He was less bubbly and more demanding and shit, and I was just kinda off. During that high is when I decided I needed to be sober.

Now, I've been sober since that Saturday night, technically Sunday morning. I've read a lot of forums on MDMA after effects and LSD after effects. Keep in mind, I did LSD weekly for about five weeks before the MDMA, and the after effects didn't occur until the last time I smoked weed. The after effects I'm getting are:

My visual perception is a little off. Lines are very very very subtly wavy, big scapes kind of breathe, and I just don't really process my vision as heavily as I did before - very similar to basic acid visuals.

My perception of time is off. Time is going by a bit too quickly, as if the memories I'm making are processing just as well, but again, the heaviness isn't there as much as it was.

I have confusing thought patterns. I kind of feel like I am a part of the trip still, but sober, and my brain doesn't ever get centered. Like, y'know when you trip, you can kind of anchor yourself back sometimes, from a bad trip? Remind yourself that you're only tripping, and then you get centered again, but right when the centering happens, you kinda just go off on another trippy path? That's how it is for me, except kinda really longterm and broad. Like schizophrenic mood swings kind of. Could be described as just getting anxious, confused, or depressed often, and the happy times are less happy - but it still does feel awfully acid-y.

Lastly, closely related to that last symptom^, my core sense of identity is really lost. Like, if I said "I am Aire" before the MDMA, I would've known exactly what I meant. Even on that next Friday before the weed, I would've known what I meant. It would've been kinda trippy, but I would've known, and felt like Aire. Now, I say "I am Aire" and I don't really feel all of the Aire-y things I felt before. This symptom feels more like it's coming from the MDMA.

I'm on Day 6 of my sobriety now and wondering if anyone has any experiences that are parallel to mine, or MDMA/LSD comedowns that they can relate to mine that will give me a heads up as to what to expect, or how to treat it: medications, nutrition, anything. Contrary to how it sounds, I am pretty fucking desperate to regain a baseline feeling. Looking for moral support as well, don't like the feeling of being trapped here.

Thanks dudes.

i feel like this was a thread i saw before...
anyway whatever, take meds if you wanna quit drugs that's what i did.
Antipsychotics dont block the cravings, but they block pretty much every type of high.
you'll do tabs and feel nothing and be like "man, acid is a weak drug if it gets blocked by this little pill"

the only shit you can get high on while on antipsychotics are alcohol, weed, and benzos

Remember the state you're in will compound your worry. Sounds like what a friend of mine was going through a year odd ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen_persisting_perception_disorder

He only talked about the visual aspects, either he didn't have any other symptoms, or didn't want to worry anyone. The cocktail that set him off was an intense nos trip while on 2CB and md. He's all better now but still weary of geary mights.

Last edited:
I have somewhat found myself in a somewhat similar position over the last few months with use of the same drugs. IMO cannabis use and PD's together create this problem, my answer was to avoid everything for a while then only using stims (MDMA mostly, but if that was the direct source of some of your issues then perhaps not.) and at some-point I believe I will slowly get back in PD's but will never smoke more than a few draws occasionally and will never smoke large amounts of weed.

Well well.. just registred to answere this, since a lot of people seem to have the same problem.. but the solution is so easy.. but a bit unhealthy.

You know the phrase: "Fight fire with fire"?

I got the same situation with the lsd when i took 10 hits a week + around 100g of truffels for around 2 months, occasionally mixed with ayu and mescalin - so its no surprise that afterwards, my perception was... nearly gone - however there is simple way to change that - its called dxm - if you do DXM really heavy, that means over a rather long time - you can do that with going for so called plateau sigma, its a very unpleasant experience, and you will most likely lose consciousness at some point, but when you wake up no perception disorder whatsover.

A bit unhealthy?

I'm curious to know what drove you to take so many drugs together in the first place.

Well well.. just registred to answere this, since a lot of people seem to have the same problem.. but the solution is so easy.. but a bit unhealthy.

You know the phrase: "Fight fire with fire"?

I got the same situation with the lsd when i took 10 hits a week + around 100g of truffels for around 2 months, occasionally mixed with ayu and mescalin - so its no surprise that afterwards, my perception was... nearly gone - however there is simple way to change that - its called dxm - if you do DXM really heavy, that means over a rather long time - you can do that with going for so called plateau sigma, its a very unpleasant experience, and you will most likely lose consciousness at some point, but when you wake up no perception disorder whatsover.

Seriously??

SWIM and I took two tabs. We tripped pretty hard....and we came down in about four to five hours.

Okay, so first things first: You had an NBOMe, not LSD. You cannot be tripping hard on LSD and have it last less than 8-10 hours.

Which means:

You combined MDMA with an NBOMe, not MDMA + LSD.

MDMA + LSD is safe - or at least reasonably so.

MDMA should really never be taken with any of the phenethylamine psychedelics, NBOMes included.

OP, I have had a similar experience (mine was just a massive overdose of MDMA by itself...although I smoked plenty of weed during the experience) and I want you to know that it WILL get better but it might take some time.

It took me over 3 years to feel like "myself" again, and I have to be on medication now.

Live and learn - MDMA is a drug to be used lightly, and infrequently.

I know there are plenty of people who don't use it that way and are fine, but there are also definitely people out there whose systems are less compatible with it for whatever reason.

Avoid MDMA in the future, seriously. Also, start occasionally taking a light dose of a benzo as "pre-medication" before smoking a bit of bud - after doing this for a while, it will retrain your brain to enjoy the cannabis experience.

saying you felt like air made me think of a time that i felt like all the trees and plants were love. i was candy flipping with lsd and sass. it was intense and kinda awesome, but yeah those hard drugs are difficult to use properly cuz they're so damn powerful. they can fuck people up