L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Lost with very few words

Base23

Bluelighter
I just don’t understand anything that goes along with anything. Yes I understand that’s out there, but I need some advice. PLEASE.

About three months ago me and my spouse both relapsed on meth. To make a real long story short we both got pulled over and the cops found her dope. She was taken to jail and put on probation. I had to quit then and very glad I did.

I started suboxone treatment about two months ago and I attend a weekly group to try to get my head right and push for the best in life. Also my spouse has gotten a prescription to adderall, My girlfriend landed a job she likes and she has also made assistant manager. Everything is great right?… .. wrong, about three days ago I was blessed by a family member who bought me a 3,000$ used van. I haven’t had my own wheels since 2016. I didn’t ask for the van they offered it to me and I said yes. I was so excited hell I’m still getting used to the freedoms of having my own vehicle. Thinking it would make our life so much better with two vehicles.

Since then it seems like my girlfriend has not been the same in fact the day I got the van she relapsed and totally blames me for it.

I don’t understand how you can blame someone for your relapse. Also a trend that has been going on in our latest arguments has been she constantly is bringing up what happened two years ago. Is that right? To do that? She goes on about how I used to shoot up meth numerous times a day, and how verbally abusive I used to be. And yes I was because I was a different person back then.

I know I sound like a pussy but that hurts my feelings when she does that.

Don’t get me wrong she has helped me out in a lot of areas in my life and I love her very much but I feel as if this relationship isn’t healthy anymore and it’s breaking my heart. Me and her have been through a lot of shit together and I’ve never ever been so close to someone like I am her and the same with her. We have been dating for almost three years now. But I thought when I got this van that she would be happy for me but it was the opposite. It’s just so crazy how she blamed her relapse on me. I don’t get it.

So this morning after a heated argument about how it was my fault she relapsed because she tried telling me she wanted to get high and I said Fuck it go get high. Yes it was messed up for me to do that it wasn’t right So I left, packed my clothes and some belongings and just left. It’s crazy how some time ago I literally said the same thing to her and she reacted the same way I did. But oh yeah I can’t bring up the past like she does. Everyone has a past whether it’s good or bad.

But I don’t believe on judging someone for the past you shouldn’t judge no one for nothing. It’s all about the present and trying to shape a healthy future. So yeah if anyone has any advice I’m quite desperate to hear some. Thank you for your time reading this. Stay safe.

Ok, first of all, I’m confused; is your “spouse” your gf? Or do you have 2 women in your life? No judgement, I myself used to be poly, but just asking for the sake of clarity.

Second, you said “this might make me sound like a pussy but she hurt my feelings.” It’s not being a pussy to have feelings or to admit to them being hurt :) we are all humans with emotions and there is nothing wrong with admitting that you don’t like the way it feels when someone says something hurtful.

Third, it’s definitely not right to blame someone else for a relapse. No one held a gun to her head and forced her to do the drugs, right?? She made the choice to do them of her own free will and she needs to accept responsibility for that. Until she does, it will be difficult for her to get clean, because you are a convenient scapegoat for her continued use.

TL;DR
She's trying to justify her use with using shit from 2 years ago, blaming you...

She needs rehab and a detox