• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Loss of sensation in hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a bit of a savant, and definitely not drunk - i'm 18 months sober right now. Some people can't function with how I write but i'm not exactly a brilliant scholar, so I figure either people read it or not, if they launch into a personal attack at me because I dont write at a grade 3 level, so be it.

> I'm no expert but it sounds like the side effect of inhaling any sort of smoke on a regular basis > as the carbon monoxide effects the amount of blood in your oxygen and circulation.

I was just in the hospital, I have a partially caved in part of my abdomen and can't even figure out which past sin caused it. It was really enlightening to be hooked up to a blood oxygen meter, I feel like a healthy enough person but I had no idea how low my blood oxygen was when I was just letting my sympathetic nervous system do the breathing. I am probably going to get an oxygen tank soon for at night with a mask since i've been starting to wake up every day feeling like the worst hangover of my life except with no clear cause. An ex of mine also observed I frequently stop breathing for over a minute sometimes at night, and that was before most of the sins happened. Slow, miserable deaths caused by your own stupidity not only scare the shit out of me, but garner very little respect and care from family and professionals.

Some folks, at the onset of diabetes, get numbness in toes/fingers/feet/hands. That could be a possibility. This same thing used to happen to me when I was a pothead, smoking super 4-6x daily, I don't think it got as bad as yours seems to be though.

OP, i don't know if it can be directly attributed to smoking cannabis, but i think the smoke in and of itself may be the cause of the problem. as others have said, smoking anything is going to lower your blood oxygen levels. you said you've been smoking for a decade- it could just be poor circulation caused by inhaling smoke.

i would suggest you take your serious health concerns to a doctor. he might not tell you what you want to hear but hopefully he can tell you what you need to hear. from what i understand poor circulation can be a sign of serious health problems.

with my constant opiate use, my circulation is no where near as good as it used to be. i can say that is one of the few health issues it has presented and manifested.

It's not.

You were better off with the OD group's advice. This is in no way cannabis discussion. Most readers here have no idea how about to get into injection.

I'm no doctor but it sounds to me like you're having bad circulation if you said it happens sober. I would call a doctor if it does not get better

I'm tempted to close this because this is the very best advice given thus far. We are not doctors... exactly the reason you should see one!

^Dude i never said I was doing any bloody injections! Forget what i said about b vitamins.
This is a bizzare sensation that has occured when high on smoke, a handful (pun) of times in a decade. It doesn't always come on when smoking.

See the post on page 1 from Ascii, he described it with more clarity & obviously felt the same thing, also when high.

This is related to cannabis discussion, after all i'm asking people if they've had this experience when smoking cannabis.

Thanks for being so quick in your temptations to close this 'chainer3k' but i'd like peoples personal views, not a doctor.

Last edited:
cmon people some of you veteran pot smokers must have felt like there hands were buzzing before!

I had this, exactly as you describe it, about 2 years ago, but for the life of me I can't remember if I was smoking pot at the time (I only smoke occasionally and when I can get it). I had a nerve conduction test which came out normal, they said to try and use the computer less (I was an IT technician at the time), give it a month and see if it sorts itself out. Didn't use the computer less but it did stop completely after a few weeks. Not experienced it since, light cannabis use every few months.

I think it may have something to do with the pot i've been smoking, but it has occured sober too; my hands too numb to grip, i can type but actual sensation is like pins/needles or goosebumps instead. Rubbing my hand on my jeans is also unusual.

This has rarely happened to me in a decade of marijuana smoking. I can barely pull my trousers up as my fingers cant/wont grip properly. It comes & dissipates.

Anybody had a case of this? I use opiates too so i posted in od but please move to cannabis discussion if appropriate.

p.s anybody think something like a b vitamin injection might help?
I get this sometimes, but it definitely does not have to do with me smoking cannabis. I have poor blood circulation in my hands, so they numb up real easy in cold weather. I smoke weed everyday, and it does nothing to my condition, so I would say it's something else.

Last edited:
i clicked on this thread because i can definitely relate. i have the same problem. i was going to ask if you use any other drugs besides weed.

you said you use opiates too. i would say that is probably the cause of it. not the weed.

i started having this problem around the time of my heavy heavy drug use, about 5 years ago. when i was abusing methadone, my hands would become numb, tingly, like they're asleep...it become a real problem and i knew something wasn't right. so i stopped with the methadone. i was taking massive amounts of it...ofcourse i went onto other drugs. but i still have this issue with my hands. never got it checked out by my doctor, but its just my guess and opinion that its from drug use.

i clicked on this thread because i can definitely relate. i have the same problem. i was going to ask if you use any other drugs besides weed.

you said you use opiates too. i would say that is probably the cause of it. not the weed.

i started having this problem around the time of my heavy heavy drug use, about 5 years ago. when i was abusing methadone, my hands would become numb, tingly, like they're asleep...it become a real problem and i knew something wasn't right. so i stopped with the methadone. i was taking massive amounts of it...ofcourse i went onto other drugs. but i still have this issue with my hands. never got it checked out by my doctor, but its just my guess and opinion that its from drug use.

Thanks man. Thing is, it has occured though use of pot alone. It has never even happened on opium or morphine alone. So although i doubt they exactly help i dont think they hurt either...

Christ it's back again, like i've had a shot of lidocaine in my fingertips - its proper bloody difficult to get dressed when i'm this ripped!

Vitamin B12 in the form of cyanocobalamin is meant to be administered in intramuscular or subcutaneous shots.
Lol, the more you know... GI JOE

anywho, I get the same problem when i binge on weed. never on jwh-122 tho.

Wow, captainheroin is no longer a moderator...shit I'm slow on these things. Anyways I think Chainer should just close this. We're not doctors and there's no way we can diagnose what may be the cause of your problem. The best answer is go to the doctors and if it ever gets really worse then go to the emergency room. Things like this you shouldn't play around with or spend too much time questioning about it..

^WTF man why close it!? It's not as bad as i make it out to be & it only happens when smoking Acii - i think his name is, on the 1st page experienced the same phenomenon.

I'm not looking for a diagnosis, just other peoples experiences et cetera. I'm hardly gonna go to the er saying 'i just smoked a few pipes & i'm having a weird tingling numbness in my hands' then wait 6 hours for a doctor to tell me smoking drugs is bad for you!

There just really isn't much to say about this issue, you already have an idea on what it is and that is all.... having random posters go oh that happens to me sometimes doesn't really seem like a good reason to keep the thread open is all I'm saying. There just isn't much to discuss on this topic/issue.

Maybe I'm wrong maybe I'm not. Its just we're not doctors... What causes a loss of feeling in one person may not be the explanation for your loss of sensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.