• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Loss of Alcohol enjoyment after speed use

plindiana

Greenlighter
Before I used speed I could get drunk and feel good. However about six months after using speed I lost my ability to feel good off alcohol. If I just drink Al ohol now I feel horrible. I don't get any of the good effects I used to get. Sometimes when I get drunk I feel so horrible I get desperate to use speed just to get out of feeling bad. I would like to stop using speed and just be able to drink again. Has anyone else experienced a loss of enjoyment from alcohol after speed use? If I stopped using speed how long would it take before I could feel ok on alcohol again?

Speed combats alcohol for me too.
Say if I'm sober 6 x 500ml bottles of 7.4% cider will get me pissed.
If I'm on speed I could probably drink 20 bottles and not be as pissed.
Cocaine is similar too. Most stimulants I guess.
Wait until the speed is really wearing off or completely worn off, then start drinking.

i've experienced this to some degree with my coke use, i used to be able to drink a litre of rum, relax and be in my happy place but now drinking like i used to tends to make me crave cocaine, but i've learned to get tanked then go for coke afterwards but i don't advise getting used to a routine of getting plowed then using stimulants.
Probably has to do with stimulants naturally making us feel better, wheras alcohol is actually a depressant

Exact same thing happened to me. It honestly helped me quit drinking. Ive been off the booze since April. Im actually way more functional now as a speed user compared to when i was drinking. Seems like that would be backwards, but it worked like that for me.

I've found the opposite. Once I started drinking, I couldn't enjoy speed any more (doesn't stop me trying though...)

i've experienced this to some degree with my coke use, i used to be able to drink a litre of rum, relax and be in my happy place but now drinking like i used to tends to make me crave cocaine, but i've learned to get tanked then go for coke afterwards but i don't advise getting used to a routine of getting plowed then using stimulants.
Probably has to do with stimulants naturally making us feel better, wheras alcohol is actually a depressant

It's a depressant in that it slows (depresses) the CNS - it doesn't mean it makes you depressed

My enjoyment of alcohol has very steadily decreased over the years also. I attribute it to just getting older though. Like you, i usually end up feeling gross the rest of the day/night in exchange for maybe a 20 min pleasant buzz.
The most pronounced feeling ive noticed is an intense craving for meth or weed.
Besides the stigma and legal status, what do you not like about amphetamines over booze? One isnt any less harmful than the other and most people are certainly more productive on meth than alcohol.

It's a depressant in that it slows (depresses) the CNS - it doesn't mean it makes you depressed
you show me anyone who's gotten tanked and hasn't whined they ass off for no reason, and i'll show you how to turn an empty rum bottle into a bar of gold, k?

For me, if I take stimulants I basically have to drink some or they make me feel too edgy at some point.

you show me anyone who's gotten tanked and hasn't whined they ass off for no reason, and i'll show you how to turn an empty rum bottle into a bar of gold, k?

Most of my friends don't get depressed or angry or complainy when they drink, neither do I. I mean if something is really bothering me then I'll bring it up and talk about it a lot. But alcohol just makes whatever is deep inside and suppressed come out, by drastically lowering inhibitions. If someone is happy deep down, then that's all that will come out when they drink.

A depressant means that it depresses the cns - full stop. Opposite to a stimulant. This is a harm reduction forum so it's important to use correct language regarding drugs, I'm sure you agree.

Plenty of people are happy drunks, plenty are not :)

I used to be a happy drunk. The older i got i tended to be very confrontational.
I think it was because of old suppressed emotions that i never let out. I quit drinking in April and am alot more emotionally stable and happy.

Well I do like to do alcohol very occasionally (a time ago was more frequent) and can be on stimulants. Mostly amphetamine.

What is wierd that I haven't done since I started smoking meth is to smoke or vape nicotine salts. Even when I am not on meth I feel no cravings.

Neither I have drink since I started.

Wierd