• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Losing touch with the timeline and reality. LSD Could someone explain?

Luminara

Greenlighter
Hello everyone.
I recently had the most interesting of my acid trips and since it happened I still can't quite wrap my head around it.
I've been a fairly regular tripper the past two years. The past year I've done lsd once or twice a week. I trip alone, typically, as its a vey personal enlightening experience to me. I'm also an INFP so I love my me time. But up until now I've only had euphoric happy trips. I wouldn't call any of my trips bad- even this one- even when I get overwhelmed or near fear, there's something that always keeps me content.
However, this l trip I experienced something changed my view on everything. I'm just not sure how yet.
Anyway it started with me watching a movie on three tabs, everything was great. I laughed harder then I Ever laughed before at the end of the move.
It was around midnight and 1 when my roommate came out for a midnight snack as the movie ended. I realized paranoia was setting in when I went out to see her. Typically I'd stay in my trippy zone alone. I immediately wanted back in my room so I said hi and went back.
The next part happened all too quickly. It's like it all Hit me. I don't remember finishing my conversation with my roommate but I got back to my room and kinda squated down to think. Then I remembered that we hadn't finished our conversation at all; she had just suddenly Stopped all movement in the kitchen and froze in time so I just kinda was like whelp cool I'm gonna go back to my room now bc I'm definitely trippy. But I forgot the whole thing until that moment I squated down.
I remember while sitting there in my room thinking about that hearing the doors in the other room reopen and shut and the same sounds over and over again. I just knew time was rewinding and fast forwarding. I could even feel it. I remember every time it happened I begged whatever the source was to "leave her (my roommate-and anyone else for that matter) out of it."
Also, in that moment I had a struggle like there was two sides of me; a good and a bad arguing back and forth in my head. Split.
When I got a hold of my thoughts I decided to put on Harry Potter as something farmiliar to get me calm. That's when I really started freaking out.
I put on the movie and time was completely contorted. Not a little slurred or seemingly slow- it was crawling and then zipping up. I had never experienced this before. And then time would actually Skip. The movie was jumping from 5 minutes in to halfway through and back to another point. I shut this off and decided to sit with myself.
This is where I learned the meaning of Ego death. That's the only way I know how to describe that moment. I vaguely remember being annoyed with my best friend going into the trip and at this moment I was on my knees Begging the universe to give me back all of the things I had hated about it particularly all the things she did that drove me nuts. I'd take it if it meant having my reality back.
Then there were images. I don't know if my eyes were open or closed.
I saw beings. They were all bowing down and I was a part of them being pulled down by their force. I was amazed. I kept asking "But why" soon it overtook me and I said "okay okay" and bowed too.
For some reason the thought popped into my head that aliens were in control of overseeing and controlling earth and that was who I connected with. (I don't know why because I'm not into that stuff very much at all)
Even with this thought that I was somehow their slave, I didn't feel bad about it. I felt safe, although bewildered. I was overwhelmed but I didn't feel fear for that. Just wonder.
I also remember seeing figures dancing- what looks like trees shaking their apples. It was pretty nuts.
Then the most incredible thing happened. I saw multiuniverses (this is another thing I just knew. I haven't looked much into them before this but in that moment I knew what to call it)
They looked like endless glass balls of earth falling in together like a waterfall.
After this I lost touch with reality. I found it again by writing. I filled up an entire notebook with just babble. I remember writing that I had found my mind, now I needed to find my body, etc and that the pen was my only connection to reality.
Time was gone at this point. Minutes were lasting what felt like a half hour- if it wasn't jumping back and forth.
I've always believed time is an allusion but I've never experienced it like this and I was Not prepared.
The idea got into my head that once I had been allowed to see this type of thing I wasn't going to be allowed back to normality with this information. I was certain I wouldn't be let back.
I was strangely content with this as whatever was going to be would be. I remember being thankful I had so many books to read if I did get stuck in that moment for what could be years.
The last big thing that happened was I got the feeling someone was going to contact me. I wanted them to and was waiting. I felt willing to learn but the thought of not being let back was still scaring me. The whole experience was scaring me but I wasn't giving into that.
You know how noises are so prominent on acid? You can hear Everything. The jogger out your window across the streets, the fridge running, the laundry machines, the air going through your vents...? Well I was hearing all of that and then all of a sudden everything, and I mean Everything stopped all at once and there was a loud click from my computer.
As soon as I heard the click I panicked. I was certain some Matrix shit was about to go down. Anyway my theory is that if something was going to talk to me it felt my fear and I ruined it.

So that's my experience. It was intense but I don't consider it a bad trip at all. But it was all so very real and since then my views and beliefs on Everything have changed. I did research and thought I may have gotten ketamine based acid and fell into a K-hole and went off on my friend for giving it to me but I did more research and found some people had similar experience when there was a build up of LSD in their system and considering the amounts I was taking then that could be true.

Anyway what is your incite? Do you think it was created by my brain? Or that my consciousness is connected to a different source and I broke some type of wall. Maybe it just says something about my psychology?
I've always enjoyed mind expansion but I'm not one to get majorly into the social world of it and I don't have the knowledge of it I'm sure some of you do. So if you could give me any incite on what the hell happened- I'd be greatful. It was a wonderful experience.

You took a large dose of LSD (very very unlikely to be ketamine)
and tripped balls is what happened.
You can't totally trust your senses when you take a large dose of a powerful psychedelic. Sometimes distances seemed skewed, time seems to go backwards and you can hear and see things that aren't there.
That's exactly what large doses of most psychedelics do!
It does sound like an incredibly profound trip!!! I feel the best thing to do after something like that is to take a break from psychedelics and reflect on everything that happened (good and bad) and try to figure out why your subconscious expressed those events during that trip.

Do you think it was created by my brain?
Yes, I think all experience is created in the brain. What resources your brain draws from for that is of course up for debate.

Or that my consciousness is connected to a different source and I broke some type of wall.
You definitely broke through the wall of your normal experience of reality. What difference does it make if the source you connected to lies outside of 'You' or just outside the part of 'You' that you are normally aware of?

Maybe it [...] says something about my psychology?
It would be weird if it didn't, no? :D

As Ballz_Trippington said, if you give yourself some time and maybe a break from psychedelics, the meaning will become more clear. I also once had this idea of being controlled by some kind of aliens, which I experienced as very strange, but not as frightening as one might imagine. In hindsight I would say it was just my ego catching a glimpse at the fact that it (the ego) isn't all there is to this strange thing I call 'me'.

I once smoked dmt on the beach near my house. I kept my eyes open and suddenly some of the people walking on the beach were incredibly sped up...moving really fast....some were at normal pace...and others incredibly slow. It was like the elves were showing me that time and space is malleable. Then i heard a voice or more like felt a message that said...now you know that try this! and i was suddenly propelled outside my body looking down on the multi speed beach scene with myself below me on my towel. Then bang i was back in my body..the beach was full of fractals and the walkers were all at there normal pace. It really shook my reality and concept of time. I have never been the same after this experience (and the same goes for basically all of my many dmt experiences) but it is for the better. I have been shown a concept that i would never have imagined or been able to understand without the help of the elves.

Interesting. Thank you all. The thing is I didn't take a large dose in comparison to what I had been taking. I had been eating full strips or 6-8 tabs regularly and not really getting more than a wavy effect and no thought power or euphoria but this night I had two tabs and then another halfway through the movie. That's why I think it was a result of build up. I may have been tripping this hard the entire time and didn't realize it because the movie I first watched I had never seen and didn't realize the differences until I got on to something farmiliar.

Like I said, I've experienced time slowing and speeding before but has anyone had huge jumps in the timeline? It would go to say 6:12 then to 6:45 and then to 5:55 right before my eyes. I meditated so I know I wasn't just spacing out. Extremely miraculous stuff.

Haha and yes, sir, I do agree I was tripping balls. But I also see tripping as an experience and one frofoundky educational. I've never looked at tripping as a means to simply get fucked up and after expereiencing it I don't think anyone using their Thoughts would. For me it's a tool, I don't associate it with drug culture, really. (Which is probs why I'm so lost when it comes to these terms and phrases I'm trying to learn)

But tripping or no I believe what I saw had meaning.

What about the multiverse, has anyone experienced this? I've heard of people breaking through "the 4th wall or dimension"
I just don't know what to call it. I want to do more research but I feel like I'm still pretty new to the lingo and don't know what to look up.

The main question perplexing me is did my brain come up with all of that and is my reality only and extension of me or am I a part of something bigger and I got a look at the big picture? Like was I acting on myself or was the universe working on me?
Normally on acid I feel a deep internal understanding or connection to myself. This didn't feel like that at all. This made me feel like putty in the hands of the universe- not really about me at all.
I believe that the mind/brain is powerful enough to create these experiences but since then I've had a greater belief that we're all connected to something Unified. And I definitely feel it came from an outside source- or that I am a part of a much larger- impossible to understand source.
One cool thing that came from it is I truly thought I'd never see anything in my life again that I could not make sense of- that wowed me to the point I just couldn't understand it. That is humbling and beautiful in its own way.

Has anyone ever felt that they'd be trapped in time? There was one minute that went on Ages. I was sure if be in that moment a few years.

Last edited:
I've had many trips where I felt time slow down and that I wouldn't ever come back to normal reality ( a whole lot of times lol).
As to whether or not it was all part of your mind and the drugs or if you really saw a glimpse of the multiverse is up to you to decide...
I've had very intense acid trips where I felt like I came into contact with higher intelligences and I've had very bizarre experiences on psychedelic dissociative drugs like MXE (Methoxetamine) where I've literally traveled to other worlds and re-lived childhood memories.
The very first time I had a psychedelic experience on MXE I felt this strong urge to lay down and as soon as I did I saw this beam of light and it moved into my head and then I started re-living all kinds of childhood stuff like playing soccer and blowing out birthday candles and playing with toys.
It felt like hours and hours were passing by because so much was happening so quickly and I kept sitting up and asking my trip partner how much time had passed. And she kept saying "like 30 seconds since you layed down"
And I realized that the same song had been playing the whole time I was having this review of my happiest childhood memories.
I could not believe the extent of the time dilation I was experiencing.
But it can happen on mind bending drugs.
Part of me believes that it's possible to both simultaneously mentally go to another dimension and be the drug doing it.
I don't think it neccecarily had to be one OR the other.