• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

losing the weight from gabapentin

aleuxchy

Greenlighter
I've been taking Gabapenting (1500mg a day) for less than a year. I gained about 25 pounds, which totally crept up on me. I have been tapering off for 5 weeks and I have completely off it for 7 days. I eat pretty healthy and I exercise a lot, I was in great shape before starting this drug. I haven't lost any of the weight I gained yet and I am getting very upset. Has anyone else experienced this?? How long did it take for you to lose the weight you gained from Gabapentin?

I gained 10 lbs after only taking gabapentin for seven weeks. It was very uncomfortable water weight that left me squeezing into my pants and had me feeling VERY uncomfortable.

About 4 weeks after I stopped it all the weight was gone. I did try to eat healthier and walked about a hour a day during this time.

I gained 10 lbs after only taking gabapentin for seven weeks. It was very uncomfortable water weight that left me squeezing into my pants and had me feeling VERY uncomfortable.

About 4 weeks after I stopped it all the weight was gone. I did try to eat healthier and walked about a hour a day during this time.

Thanks, I am trying to eat extra healthy and exercise daily, I think maybe I am just being inpatient, and I will see results soon. I am just "freaking out" that it won't go away.

I have experienced dramatic weight gain. I had been a regular DXM abuser so I take into account that I probably haven't been at my natural weight for a while. But once I started taking the gaba within weeks I had huge bloating in my abdominal area and fat rolls. I'm a skinny guy and always have been, what is the cause of this in relation to gabapentin? It's the only common factor.

I wasn't a regular gabapentin user, but I gained 30 pounds in 5 weeks last November / December when I quit dexedrine. I'm now 24 pounds below my heaviest weight in January. Only 6 pounds to go to get back to my weight on Thanksgiving.

Regular exercise helps. Counting calories and tracking your macronutrients (protein, fat, carbs) is what helps the most. You need to consume less calories than you burn over an extended period of time to lose weight. Calories can come from food or drinks. Eat and drink less than you burn every day, and the weight will come off guaranteed.

You should like an anorexic you need fat to stay warm and nourish your body most people who think they are fast are actually just puppy day which is perfectly healthy and natural

People should think of their gp/doctor before throwing wild accusations around these people we save lives