• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Losing the magic --- simple natural explanation?

EpicurusFire

Bluelighter
I was reading a Cracked article the other day (posted at the bottom) that was hilarious but depressing at the same time. It talks about how music all starts to get duller as we age because our dopamine activity decreases naturally. I read up on seratonin and yep...same thing. We get older, our brain stops functioning as vibrantly.

I hear so much about losing "the magic" and people trying to figure out why. Could it just be that we're getting older? Everyone seems to think that its due to rolling too frequently and frying your receptors (and that very well may be true); but maybe age is more of a factor than abuse...or perhaps its a combination of the two. Any thoughts?

http://www.cracked.com/article_1972...out-just-like-your-parents.html#ixzz1p9Fv0U4i

There is some loss just to age yes, but the amount lost is probably extremely small, and spread out over 20+ years.

MDMA will speed this up 100x. Remember, the more serotonin your pumping out of your brain, the less there is in your normal life

Age isn't a real factor. Abuse and redosing are more worth considering.
The mechanism of the mdma magic is extremely complex. I think I haven't found a complete explanation for the loss of magic.
I think it has something to do with the brain trying to protect it self and many more factors.

You are correct. The potency of the effects of MDMA (and most serotonergic compounds) is not contingent on the amount of available serotonin in the brain so much as the efficiency of your serotonin RECEPTORS. I remember one study that showed within one month of usage of MDMA serotonin completely replenishes itself. While this may be true it is irrelevant, the amount is not significant. Serotonin amounts in individual nonusers even can vary by as much as 200% yet the effects of MDMA are fairly uniform across individuals.

Aging does not downgrade your receptors to any appreciable degree neglecting other degenerative conditions that can accompany aging. I know people in their fifties and sixties who took MDMA for the first time and the effects (at least as much as can be indirectly observed) were just as pronounced as in any youngster person I've seen.

There is anecdotal evidence to suggest that the substance piracetam can somehow "bring back the magic". I've never used to it potentiate MDMA but I have used it to potentiate various psychedelics and I have noticed more intense effects with it.

It is possible to loose the magic man. Just take really long breaks

i have lost the magic after 10 years of heavy weekly use.

i stopped for almost 2 years. Its time to hang up the phone sadly on that one.

Assuming you live off a diet of more then alcohol and MDMA, there is no chance that you literally eat up all you serotonin. Serotonin is a naturally replenished hormone in the body, you eat its synthesized, you drink its synthesized, you breath, sleep, work out, its synthesized so unless OP isnt sleeping or eating and just poppin molly's all day its unlikely that he will have that effect on his body.

Assuming you live off a diet of more then alcohol and MDMA, there is no chance that you literally eat up all you serotonin. Serotonin is a naturally replenished hormone in the body, you eat its synthesized, you drink its synthesized, you breath, sleep, work out, its synthesized so unless OP isnt sleeping or eating and just poppin molly's all day its unlikely that he will have that effect on his body.

This is only true to a certain extent. MDMA reduces serotonin but ALSO drastically reduces tryptophan hydroxylase, the enzyme responsible for converting tryptophan and 5-hydroxytryptophan into serotonin. Since serotonin can not cross the blood brain barrier, the reduction in TPH prevents a speedy recovery.

I'd imagine losing the magic is partly caused by long-term habituation to the effects of MDMA, like the opposite of sensitization to amphetamines, which is relatively long lasting.

I know people who abused and still have the magic and others who spaced out there roll's and haven't rolled as long and have completely lost the magic.

So i guess it's totally individual. (Same with hangovers)