• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Losing confidence when smoking.

Ganj

Bluelighter
This is not something I used to experience, but as of recently whenever I smoke, I just become an idiot and lose all confidence. This plays out directly in the way I speak and respond to people. My tone becomes almost baby-like and my body language goes all awkward. The result is I make a complete fool of myself and instead of just enjoying being around people I have to battle these urges not to act like a complete idiot.

I have always had a little bit of natural anxiety (I think its a good thing) when around large groups of people but I am in no way socially awkward, can anybody give any insight about what might have changed that has started this? Its not much fun becoming a completely different person when I smoke...

i find that happens to me when i smoke alot, for me the rule of thumb is every bong/bucket takes a year off my mental age. after 3-4 i start to talk in more simple terms, at 10+ i lose most of my ability to string a sentence together and just become a giggling mess haha. But ive never really cared, thats weed for you, if you really dont like this mabie smoking a little less or smoking it more gradually?

Yeah weed does that to me sometimes too LOL. It's not a regular occurrence. It's strange because weed is a drug that I think has one of the widest ranges of possible experience when you smoke it...sometimes I smoke large amounts of very potent marijuana among people I'm not too comfortable with, and I'm totally fine and calm, other times I smoke large amounts of very potent marijuana around some different people I'm not too comfortable with (or even the same people), and I'm like "AAAAAAHHHHHH WHY WON'T THESE FUCKING PEOPLE STOP LOOKING AT ME, IGOTTAGETTHEFUCKOUTTAHERE!", all twitchy and shit. God I love weed.

One of the problems I started to notice when smoking is some times I wouldn't be as confident speaking after smoking the night before. Slurring my words every now and then was all that seemed to happen though. I don't really know whether this was from me being tired or smoking though.

sometimes it's just a matter of self-perception, i.e. how you imagine yourself acting is more exaggerated from how others are perceiving you. easy solution is next time call it quits after two hits and see if you can enjoy yourself on a more manageable dose.

Very good information here, thujone I being quite socially conscious have in some ways been pretty hyper-critical of my actions, this was all uprooted though when one time after smoking 4-5 joints among like 10 people (nothing compared to some of my usual smoking habits), this baby like behaviour was the worse it had ever been and I guess I was just physically exaggerating my usual actions but people actually started to notice the sort of subtle things we all do, was a pretty scary experience that made me feel pretty exposed to the world, I got over it though.

Burnt offerings I couldnt agree more that you never know what's going to happen when you smoke the herb, sometimes weed I have been smoking all week blasts me into a crazy psychedelic head space and I get framed vision (think very low fps) and everything looks cartoony and dances a little. This is pretty rare for me, but its also one of the main reasons I even smoke.

"AAAAAAHHHHHH WHY WON'T THESE FUCKING PEOPLE STOP LOOKING AT ME, IGOTTAGETTHEFUCKOUTTAHERE" sounds pretty familiar as well, fuck knows what Im going to do, but hearing that this is a more global problem has helped a lot and will probably limit the behaviour a little, thanks all.

azuraa, slurring speach after heavy smoking sessions and mixing up words is also something I have experianced,

I guess a tactic for this would be to just sit your self down in a nice simple manner and not attract any attention to yourself which will likely just make it worse.

I cant tell if I like weed being this unpredictable and complex or if I would prefer it if it was a lot more linear.

There is no point in continuing to use a drug that has such horrible effects on you. The effects of THC can change drastically with extensive use so you are not the first one to experience a very negative change of reaction out of the blue. Usually it's permanent so taking a break won't help and might even make it worse. Eventually this can transition over to your sober self, so I would quit while you're ahead. Don't kid yourself though, it's the weed doing this to you.

This is one negative effect, of a drug that has in many ways greatly improved my life quality. Through a love of weed I have met hundreds of people while still easily maintaining relationships with 'sober' people, and aside from this problem which has emerged very recently I have had only greatly positive experiences with the herb.

Plus one cannot forget the more complex and non-linear thought processes one gains from smoking weed which in some situations is a fantastic way of thinking, weed has shown me more about myself and offered more insight than PD's (I spend all my trips with my mouth open in pure fascination and never even consider my life when I'm tripping.) It would be silly to quit smoking weed withiout trying to tackle the issue. Which is the whole reason I even made this thread ^^

I have taken in your words though rave, and you are right it would be good to quit ahead, and if this does not subside, then I will have to I guess

Perhaps cutting back on your frequency of use, as a safe guard against the development of an anxiety disorder down the road, and also choosing to smoke alone as opposed to in social scenarios would do you well.

I only really smoke socially, I don't find the effects that much fun when alone,