• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lorazepam for acid comedown

26astr00

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I took 2.5 mg lorazepam 4 hours ago to help smooth out an acid trip.

Since I'm nowhere near being able to sleep yet. Can I take an extra 2.5 mg tablet?

It's probably fine but since this is my first time doing benzo's I wanted to ask.

When did you take the acid? I would hold off a while before using any more lorazepam because you've never taken it before.

I'd go for diazepam or tempazepam if you're lookin to sleep. lorazepam kinda is trippy in of itself. i was on 1mg 2x a day for a month & it didnt do jack for me but make me mildly hallucinate

lorazepam is a really good benzo for sleep but for comedowns but kinda weak for drug-induced insomnia
for that i tend to prefer heavier hitting ones like xanax

There's probably better Benzos than lorazepam for an acid comedown, but if that's all you have access to it'll still help. Benzo overdoses are really rare by themselves, your need like at least 10 mg to be anywhere near possible fatality, probably more like 20 tho, but you'll feel like shit the next day if you take too much. Mixing Benzos with some other drugs is dangerous, but not with acid, so your fine. 5 mg is a lot, but it isn't dangerous

^ 10mg isn't fatal - you'd need to be in the 100s of mgs to be anywhere near fatal, which is why, as you said, benzos ODs are rare on their own.

Sorry for reviving such an old thread but I figured some people might be interested to know what I ended up doing.

I took 100 ?g 1P-LSD around 10:00 AM and took my first lorazepam pill around T+10h to smooth out the comedown. I felt still agitated around midnight so I took another 2.5 mg lorazepam around midnight. I quickly fell asleep after that and woke up around 8 AM the next day to go to work. I still felt the effects of the lorazepam pretty heavily (having never tried benzodiazepines before) that day and was pretty much a zombie. I told my coworkers I drank pretty heavily the night before to explain my 'slowness' that day. After a good night of sleep, I was back to normal.

I would advise people to try getting shorter acting benzodiazepines for knocking you out to avoid having too much effects lingering on the next day.

Since then, I have managed to get a hold of cloxazolam 2 mg tablets, Oxycontin 10 mg tablets and a Valtran solution from clearing out the apartment of a deceased relative. Cloxazolam seems to be even longer acting than lorazepam so probably wouldn't be a good choice either. What about Oxycontin? Would 20 or 30 mg help me out during future comedowns, given the fact I have no opioid tolerance?

Careful, there . Opiates can be very stimulating for some folks. You pop one of them and you may be pulling a jittery all-nighter.
Also I'm unsure whether there's any Danger of opiate after LSD --better let those more knowledgeable comment on that. I just wanted to point out that opiates are NOT always a "downer".

There is really no danger of using opiates and lsd varientes (except tramodol maybe..). Part of the essential 'trip' experience is that period where sleep is kind of an issue. It's nothing to worry about. Just avoid pot or stimulants that could prolong the trip. Drink water and eat food- it's as simple as that.

@ doctor --- nah I didn't think there would be Danger , per se. Perhaps the danger of a sleepless night/ a lil hyperactivity. That was all. On the topic of opiate as a Possible come down aid after an lsd trip.

Personally, I'd go for a longer acting benzo, like clonazepam, diazepam, or chlordiazepoxide.