• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lorazepam, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone once told me that Ativan made me an asshole....I dont know, I thought I already was one....All it ever did for me was cause priapism and make me aggressive. I dont get it....

Low doses are better!

jasoncrest said:
You usually need 20mg or more diazepam (Valium) to feel an effect. 10mg won't do anything...
I'm a guy that just has low tolerance to everything. Besides that, I dont like taking benzos to the point where I am so tired I cant stay awake. To me thats just a waste of product. If you got a problem with that, you can suck a fat one, because i think its an advantage. Obviously it saves money, and I dont need to put as much shit in my body to get fucked up, so it lasts longer. I think the best doses for anyone else with a low tolerance are 15-20 mg valium, 1-2 mg xanax, 3-4 mg lorazepam, and 1-1.5 mg klonopin. It might sound low as fuck to some of you, but for me at least, I get the same effects from 1 xanax bar that most of the people i use with get from 2-3. I've never done rohypnol, but I'm guessing it wouldnt take much of that to knock me on my ass. But in the end, lets be honest people. Benzos suck compared to opiates period. I would choose 20 mg of hydrocodone or 10 mg of oxy over just about any benzo.

You usually need 20mg or more diazepam (Valium) to feel an effect. 10mg won't do anything...

^QFT

Tmoney, the first couple of times i take any benzo's i get extremely sedated and have minor amnesia. But i generally don't need much to feel pretty good, i feel pretty good on just .5 of xanax if i havent taken it for a few weeks, same with k-pin. I don't really get any amnesia any more unless i take either a) a very large dose for me , like 3.5+ mgs of xanax with a low tolerance, or b) drink on them, which isent a particularly good idea though i have done it alot. If I am just sitting around with some friends and can limit my alcohol consumption to two maybe three beers it works fine. However if i try to limit my consumption to a couple beers and go to a party i often drink way to much for the situation and black out. Which can be fine i guess, but you also don't remember any of the fun at the party, may make an ass of yourself and/or puke all over the place. Or have more serious problems i.e. alcohol poisoning, passing out either in the street or on sidewalk in the middle of the freezing winter. (BTW these have both happened to me over this past new years eve, luckily a friend saw me in the street as he was driving by and gave me a ride home). anyway the point of my rant is if you are responsible and careful you'll be fine. I have just realized that this really had nothing to with the topic but my addy xr has started to kick in good ;)

Last edited:
Lorafen is great, my favorite bezno (from those I tried). It's all puprose and with higher dose can really fuck me up :))

hi,
lorazepam Has anyone else on here been given these sedatives whilst goint through chemo. I am now on Cmf and to help with sickness i get after chemo onc has given me these.He said they are ok and will just help me sleep, but i'm scared as what happens if i start wanting to be sick in night and don't wake up? Would really appreciate knowing other peoples experiences on these, just for reassurance as so don't want to be sick again. So fed up of this chemo and now been told i have to 5 more rather then thinking i had only want more to get through now will have total of 11 if i go through with it. Sorrry to moan .

apostille

Sorry to hear you're going through chemo! You shouldn't have a problem waking up with Lorazepam, or most benzos, especially if you're being sick. They will relax you and help you sleep, but a prescribed dose won't knock you out to the point of non-responsiveness.

jus got paxil or how ever u spell it and lorazepam so cool coool cooolll with sub i take 2 mg suboxone 10mgpaxil and .5 mg loraz a day as of right now ooooppps i jus ate 3 somas

Lorazepam is alright. I need to take about 6-8mg to start to feel it and while others say it kicks in fast, it seems to take awhile before I get the effects. Maybe I have to wait for the peak to feel it. It does calm me down and gets rid of the agitation. For me it does nothing for panic attacks or muscle relaxation. For those things I prefer clonazepam.

From my experience anything under 4 mg just does not work for me. And i have 0 tolerance. I dont experience anything from doses lower than 4mg. Im not even the least bit drowsy either. 4 mg ok though. Nothing amazing but cool experience. My guess would be to take 5-6mg to feel the full effects. But that just ME.

wow, ate age 14, my shrink gave me ativan 0.5mg /4x daily, and 1mg got me good like 10mg of xanax gets me good a decade later ;-). i once ate about 3mg of ativan, blacked out, and ended up taking 15mg, went into respiratory depression and rushed to hospital, recently my doc gave me 60 ativan .5mg, i ate the whole bottle, NO EFFECT. tolerance is a BITCH!!! i miss the days when 1mg xanax got me a lil too off, of 1mg lorazepam too...now 10-20mg xanax klonopin sets me good, sad

I tried lorazepam a couple days ago
i took 7 and thats one of the last things i remember
i can remember little bits and pieces of being high as fuck and trippin out
while my mom was bitching at me she was yellow and there were three of her
i passed out in my parents bed with a pile of lorazepam around me and i cant find my bowl
i lost a quarter of weed and a bowl that night lol
still not sure what happened
but i was high as fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.