• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lorafen lorazepam 2.5mg

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
So last night I had a few rips on my bong an got quite high then 1hr before I go bed I take a polish lorazepam 2.5mg to put me to sleep! I always have trouble sleeping on weed. But it didn't seem to have any effect I don't know if they are extended release or what? So took 0.5mg xanax an then I slept like a baby. The lorazepam are polish called lorafen 2.5mg any ideas peeps thank you

as far as I can tell that brand of lorazepam is instant release, that's also a large dose it definitely should have put you to sleep

maybe they're fake/counterfeit?

as far as I can tell that brand of lorazepam is instant release, that's also a large dose it definitely should have put you to sleep

maybe they're fake/counterfeit?
I don't know friends gave me a strip of 10 I don't think there fake. Maybe it's a benzo which I find weak. I'm used to legit diazepam or Street xanz which are potent. So idk?

I don't know friends gave me a strip of 10 I don't think there fake. Maybe it's a benzo which I find weak. I'm used to legit diazepam or Street xanz which are potent. So idk?
lorazepam is one of the stronger and more sedating benzos (more sedating than xanax), 2.5mg is equivalent to 1.25mg of xanax

so that's kinda weird

Well to me it felt like a sugar pill. Also don't think fake I mean they were in a polish blister strip. I wouldn't think its a dud from Poland s idk? Will need to try one when I'm not smoking

Well to me it felt like a sugar pill. Also don't think fake I mean they were in a polish blister strip. I wouldn't think its a dud from Poland s idk? Will need to try one when I'm not smoking
@Snafu in the Void is right that 2.5mg loraz = 1.25mg alpraz according to the equivalency tables. IME though, 0.5mg alprazolam had more of a "kick" than 2mg lorazepam, especially in hypnotic effect (your main concern), maybe even stronger overall.

So it wouldn't surprise me too much if a legit 2.5mg lorazepam still felt weak to you. That said, you should still probably be feeling *some* kind of effect at that dose if it's genuine (assuming you aren't taking stimulants & don't have a huge tolerance).

@Snafu in the Void is right that 2.5mg loraz = 1.25mg alpraz according to the equivalency tables. IME though, 0.5mg alprazolam had more of a "kick" than 2mg lorazepam, especially in hypnotic effect (your main concern), maybe even stronger overall.

So it wouldn't surprise me too much if a legit 2.5mg lorazepam still felt weak to you. That said, you should still probably be feeling *some* kind of effect at that dose if it's genuine (assuming you aren't taking stimulants & don't have a huge tolerance).
No I've have ativan which is the same = lorazepam before 2mg Indian ones an they are same weak to me. I would about the same strength as a 2mg diazepam an that's now bull.

No I've have ativan which is the same = lorazepam before 2mg Indian ones an they are same weak to me. I would about the same strength as a 2mg diazepam an that's now bull.

only 2mg of diazepam??

ativan is the go-to benzo in US hospitals to calm you down and put you to sleep, it's good and strong stuff

2mg of ativan without tolerance would make me giddy and high as hell

I would take 2mg ativan over 20mg of diazepam any day

you might just have some natural tolerance or unique reaction to lorazepam, it's not unheard of, there are certain benzos that give me very paradoxical negative reactions (diazepam, for example, can paradoxically make me feel irritated and manic)

only 2mg of diazepam??

ativan is the go-to benzo in US hospitals to calm you down and put you to sleep, it's good and strong stuff

2mg of ativan without tolerance would make me giddy and high as hell

I would take 2mg ativan over 20mg of diazepam any day

you might just have some natural tolerance or unique reaction to lorazepam, it's not unheard of, there are certain benzos that give me very paradoxical negative reactions (diazepam, for example, can paradoxically make me feel irritated and manic)
I really ought to go back & try lorazepam again, since I was pretty whacked-out GABAergically-speaking for most of my Ativan years. . . FWIW, though, "the old Me" would take 10mg—or even 7.5mg—of diazepam over 2mg of lorazepam any day.

My preferred equivalence table (ClinCalc's) says that 1mg lorazepam = 0.5mg alprazolam = 7.5mg diazepam, not 10mg diazepam like a lot of the others do. But 2.0-2.5mg lorazepam should still hit way harder than 7.5mg diazepam, let alone 2mg!

lorazepam is one of the stronger and more sedating benzos (more sedating than xanax), 2.5mg is equivalent to 1.25mg of xanax

so that's kinda weird
Yeh didn't get any relaxed or anything from it not one of my five benzos I find it to subtle which is a shame

I only get hypnotic effects from lorazepam at much higher doses than 2mg but I realize that my tolerance is somewhat to blame for that. But I personally have never found it to be very sedating even when I first started using it. It does its job well though for people who need it. I continue to go back to it because of that, even after having prescriptions to Xanax and Valium which most would prefer if they're looking for "euphoria".

Conclusion is lorazepam is a poor benzo for me! Took another 2.5.mg yesterday teatime an couldn't tell I had it. Benzo anxiety relief 2/10 👎

Lorazepam is widely prescribed/used in the EU, usually the first or only benzo you get for anxiety relief besides alprazolam/Xanax. In other times it worked well for me to relieve anxiety but since I've acquired permatolerance to dissociatives it stopped working. Last time in the psych ward they had to give me 5mg and even that didn't knock me out (no benzo tolerance, and was on 600mg/d of pregabalin which potentiates benzos!) but instead induced an almost psychotically disinhibited state where I engaged in a fight with one of the other inmates, something I certainly avoid when sober. In the end this incident helped me to get out of the ward, lol, they wanted to get rid of me.

But yeah, before tolerance it was pretty sedating, even 1mg and with 2.5mg it became hard to stay awake. 2mg XR Xanax sedated less.

I went to a hospital in the US 4 months ago, they injected 2mg of lorazepam into my arm IM. I was asleep/blissful within 30min and slept soundly in the hospital for 10 hours.

it's a great benzo, ativan is great for that purpose

I reckon everybody's different.

I've taken all the common benzos: lorazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, clonazepam, temazepam, midazolam, maybe others.

Lorazepam was one that kinda fucked me up but I didn't feel it.
That happens to some degree with any benzo, but for me Ativan made me stumble without feeling any effects at all.

YMMV

This is really a situation that would be nearly impossible to answer you with any certainty. I totally respect you and your question, but the only possible answer you'll get here will be more and more questions. There are too many variables. We don't know that your Lorazepam (Ativan) is even real. We don't really know anything so all we can do is sit around and take guesses. I'm just saying this for your sake. You'll just be spinning your wheels and at the end will have no truly useful knowledge.