• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Lopramide for Withdrawls?

Pixies

Bluelighter
Yeah.. I just took 30mg of the kind with magnesium stearate not knowing that stops it from doing anything for withdrawals. Yay mee. 3 more days to fill a prescription, and I feel terrible with a sour stomach of uselessness. This sucks.

Was reading about how magnesium stearate blocks the blood brain barrier. But then, I also have these 2/125 pills that doesn't apparently contain magnesium stearate, but has this stuff "simethicone" WHICH is like gas-x stuff I guess. It says not to take more than 500 mgs a day, but I'm wondering what the consequences would be if I did. Anyone?

Only really high doses of loperamide (highly cardiotoxic, so don't do it) can get to the brain, so even if magnesium stearate blocks the BBB there's no difference..

I don't think there's a pill without magnesium stearate... Its extremely common. Not just lope all opiate pills and pills in general. Whered you read that it's biologically active? Altering BBB chemistry is a big deal I highly doubt RX drugs could list it as inactive if it wasn't. I'd be worried about the side effects of simethicone but it's not the magnesium stearate blocking effects, or 99% of all brands would be useless.

I did the same thing, well my mom did, bought the multi symptom one with simethicone.. I felt so Shitty I wa just gonna take them but my mom went right back and got the kind without it.

I wouldn't bother taking those.. N plus they are like horse pills. It would take forever to get all those down. The normal ones are pretty tiny and easy to down.

If you plan to get more I would shop around.. Don't get name brand Imodium try big stores like Wal-Mart kmart etc. For generic diahrea relief pills with only lope. Usually u can get a decent amount for pretty cheap.

Just a quick reminder, sourceing/vendor discussion, even for legal/otc drugs is against the rules

In my experience, taking enough lope takes nearly all the W/D away. Not exactly sure what bluelight's rules are on dosages, so I'm not going to post how much I would normally take. Suffice it to say, depending on your habit, 30 mg's is on the lower side of dosage to help W/D.

i have used lope for w/d a few times. the first time 10mgs was almost enough to knock it all out. the most i have ever taken is 40mg ( 20 pills)