• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lophophora Williamsii v caespitosa

Hi

Does anyone have any first hand experience of L.W Caespitosa ?

I see people confidently claiming it is or isn't active but only one post by someone actually claiming to have eaten it.

The only actual study I'm aware of is the Japanese one that didn't find any mescaline present in it. That seems odd to me. Mesc is found in a number of tricherous species so it's hardly unique to LW, so why would a mutation remove whatever function or process creates the mescaline ?

Thanks

As far as my understanding and experience goes, caespitosa isn't a defined variety/sub species, but rather a tendency to produce more pups/clump (caespitose - its not cactus specific). So you can go from a williamsii with a couple of heads all the way down to clumps who divide so much that they never become large enough to flower, all of which could be called caespitosa. Semantics aside this does mean there is a large amount of genetic variation within casepitosa which means there would be a range of alkaloid profiles and concentrations, then add environmental variables that effect alkaloid production on top of that. So basically, yes they are active, but how much depends on lots of things.

It's a completely separate species. I have extensive experience growing ceaapitosas.
You can make the argument people just call regular peyote a ceaapitosa when begins to form a clump but in my experience growing them seed they will begin to produce pups at as early as 8-12 months.
No other variety can do this and I've grown out a lot of L. Willimsii variants which leads me to think that they are a unique genetic variant of peyote.
Their root structure is also consistently different than every other variety I've grown.
Also, in my experience they have about the same mescaline content as regular ass peyote but I try to boost Alkaloid content in mine every winter by feeding and watering only when necessary and giving them minimal light until spring.
This technique also causes them to have pretty explosive growth once spring comes. I hope some of this was some help!