• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide to Buprenorphine potency ratio

dankhead88

Bluelighter
As my last 4mg buprenorphine is wearing off now, due to the constant yawning, being stuck in the shitter, tearing, aches, and symptoms only to get worse. To anyone with the success of loperamide tapering/replacement therapy, what is a good amount of loperamide that would equal to 4mg of buprenorphine? I was dealing with a 70-100mg of heroin per dose, using up to 200-300mg a day, alongside 200-400mg of methamphetamine IV a day. I'm done with the meth part, but it seems that the physical aspects of opiate withdrawal is still here to overstay their welcome.

I couldn't find any results, or perhaps I'm not looking hard enough.

I'm honestly tired of this life, which I'm sure many of you guys under the same boat are too.

My guy only has a limited bupe supply, and I would rather not go through bupe withdrawal and my job keeps thinking I'm just sick, until they'll finally catch on. It's a tough dilemma, but if there is a lope dose that will equate to 4mg bupe or an equation, please share your experiences.

loperamide is cost effective and I don't have the funds for a doctor, nor do I have health insurance.

If there is an ED50 for loperamide as an opioid withdrawal aid, please tell us how your experiences were.

Sex, weight, and height if you want to add further details.

Let's share this info to help many addicts.

I don't mind being sick during my off days, I just can't afford to work sick. I've had to leave early because I was in much pain after my dope wore off. It was embarrassing, but since it's flu season, I can only use the excuse so much. After them seeing me sick the second time, they commented on my eye bags getting darker, and told me I should see a doctor because I don't look healthy. I'm good at hiding addiction and behavioral traits of an addict, but I can't hide physical symptoms.

Thank you BL'ers

On other note. I was tapering off of heroin, but the dope I had was possibly cut with fentanyl, due to 10mg feeling pretty good and 20 putting me in a nod. Shortlived and extremely potent, I was using 7.5mg in the morning, 7.5 in afternoon, and 7.5 at night, and 10-20 before sleep. This is when I started switching to bupe sublingually, after I ran out of fent/dope to IV.

Last edited:
Nah, no need to be sorry. I really appreciate your help. At least you've provided me with helpful links that will help shorten the process. :)

Was looking for more of a conversion, but these links will probably have a lot of valuable information. I will look through these.

How long were you on bupe and how long since your last dose of bupe?

Im not saying their arent special cases, but bupe withdrawals arent usually to bad when compared with traditional opiates. Atleast not bad enough to warrant replacement therapy with lope.

I'd use the lope as directed, maybe double the dose, the key being to stop shitting your pants. Use L-tyrosine or caffeine for the lethargy, naproxen for the pains, dxm or diphenhydramine to sleep after day 3.

Not sure if your trying to get clean or not, but if you are thats the way to go. If youre not trying to get clean and just ran out of dope, then work on finding a way to get more dope.

Point being, dont take lots of lope, its fucking retarded.

lope will do nothing but make you feel a bit tired. it does not help opiate withdrawal and anyone who takes massive amounts of that shit i fucking stupid. those who claim it completely takes away symptoms is only feeling the toxicity of the lope and will die soon if they continue to take it that way.

to answer your question directly, no amount of lope will equate to 4 mgs of bupe.

How long were you on bupe and how long since your last dose of bupe?

Im not saying their arent special cases, but bupe withdrawals arent usually to bad when compared with traditional opiates. Atleast not bad enough to warrant replacement therapy with lope.

I'd use the lope as directed, maybe double the dose, the key being to stop shitting your pants. Use L-tyrosine or caffeine for the lethargy, naproxen for the pains, dxm or diphenhydramine to sleep after day 3.

Not sure if your trying to get clean or not, but if you are thats the way to go. If youre not trying to get clean and just ran out of dope, then work on finding a way to get more dope.

Point being, dont take lots of lope, its fucking retarded.

It's been a week taking 4mg. Relapsed on dope after being clean for 1 1/2 years around July and haven't stopped since. Dosages only increased from 40mg to 70-100mg per dose depending on potency and tolerance.

lope will do nothing but make you feel a bit tired. it does not help opiate withdrawal and anyone who takes massive amounts of that shit i fucking stupid. those who claim it completely takes away symptoms is only feeling the toxicity of the lope and will die soon if they continue to take it that way.

to answer your question directly, no amount of lope will equate to 4 mgs of bupe.

I suppose you're both right. Perhaps it's just too much expectation that I've had for this drug. I suppose, I should try different medications for different symptoms.

Does diphenhydramine really help with the restless legs? I've read some articles that NMDA antagonists help combat RLS, but do sedating antihistamine/anticholinergics help combat the RLS a lot? RLS really scares me because of how it used to make me feel in the past going to work with dope sickness

Diphenhydramine will not help restless legs, infact to most people it makes it worse. I only recommend it after day 3 or 4, whenever the kicks stop.

Im sure you know, the first few days you just have to do it, and it sucks. Often times stores will carry kava in capsules, will be expensive but it helps. I cant think of anything else that you can in time.

I always try to plan my withdrawals and have shiton hand such as kratom, kava, benzos, and clonidine.

Compression socks help a bit with the restless legs.

Start around 25-30 mg of lope. It takes up to 3 hours to fully kick in, but you should feel better after an hour or so. If not take increments of 10 mg til you do feel like 80% of the wd gone (this awful lethargy/tiredness remains. You won't get that "get up and go" dope can give you ) it will get rid of the hot/cold, GI issues, runny eyes&nose, sneezing, etc

It has a long half life, you only need to dose once or twice a day. Don't go taking it every few hours.

It binds to those peripheral opiate receptors in your body, not your brain, just enough to make you ok to function

Don't get stuck on the lope. Once you find a dose to hold you, after a few days start tapering.

It is odd but it works better for some people than others. It must have something to do with individual chemistry and receptors. Hope it helps you

The point of using immodium isn't to eliminate all symptoms it's to make withdrawal go easier and it does that, at the very least it will make diarrhea go away you might have to take other stuff like aspirin, etc for other symptoms. Don't try to match your dose that's crazy and will lead to a Lope addiction that could potentially kill you.

The only thing the lope has ever helped for with my WD is the not shitting myself aspect; which it IS fantastic for - though, just use as directed, no need to take superhuman doses.