• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Loperamide+Tagamet dosing guidance needed

Lopesided

Greenlighter
Hello everyone!

Let me preface that I’ve been coming to bluelight for YEARS for information regarding drugs. This is the first time I’m posting and hope to get the kind of assistance that is synonymous with this forum.

Ok, I’ve been addicted to Lope since 2014. It’s literally the biggest secret in my life. Nobody close to me knows anything about it so actually reaching out on a public platform has me feeling a little bit of reluctance. But at this point, it’s the option best suited for my situation.

I’d been taking opioids, benzos, alcohol etc for years. I had a pretty nasty Oxycodone habit at one point, 90mgs at one time was my typical starting point. Going back to 2014, pills had become increasingly hard to come by so I started using Suboxone. I ended up moving to the other side of the country and lost all my connects, that’s when the devil itself took over my life.

I was going through wd’s from subs and couldn’t miss work so I needed to get something together and fast. I read up on loperamide helping with wd’s, so I bought a bottle of 72 and took them. Two hours later, not only had I stopped detoxing but I was actually high as hell.

Fast forward 6 years to now, I’m taking 220 pills per day. I started going to the doctor for lab work every 6 just to check my levels and make sure I haven’t been destroying myself. Surprisingly nothing is out of the norm.

If any of you know anything about lope, you know it’s ADDICTING AS FUCK. I’ve tried quitting more times than I can count. I’ve gone cold turkey on heroin, oxycodone, roxycodone, hydrocodone, Xanax and suboxone, all of which I was able to kick. Nothing compared to what I faced with lope.

The wd’s were the most agonizing things I’ve ever felt and the longest I went before giving in was 9 days. 9 straight days of pure agony, no sleep whatsoever, every second of every minute of every hour for 9 days was filled with torture. This is why I’m here now.

The lopepocylpse has arrived. Nobody is carrying the large boxes anymore. No more 200’s or 96’s and people are scooping up any available quantities everywhere they may still be. It’s become ridiculously difficult just to get a one day supply. So I need to figure out how to make them last longer for a taper method.

I’ve read about Tagamet being a proper potentiater for lope and want to try. However, the only quantities I see being used along side Tagamet are really low. I don’t want to try taking my usual amount with Tagamet and have it flood my brain, killing me by overdose.

My question for you all is this:

Since I have such a high tolerance, what would be the amount of lope I can take with Tagamet to make the quantity of lope last longer? If I take 220 pills per day, could I take 100 or 150 with one 200 mg Tagamet and get the same effect as I would with 220 pills of lope?

Any information you all may have would be GREATLY appreciated.

Wow, i've never heard of someone having that large of a lips habit. Unfortunately I don't know anything about tagamet.

Definitely start the taper as soon as you can. I'm honestly surprised you haven't had any physical issues after 5-6 years of heavy lope use.

Hey Lopesided :) We are all happy to hear you've chosen us as your withdrawal concierge(s). I dare say we are pretty good at it. I daresay the medical community could benefit from a long-weekend of education from us addicts and they are typically I'm a completely different dimension when it comes to the realities of our struggles.

Loperamide (Immodium) addiction, is relatively unheard of and unstudied. I'm not saying a detox couldn't or wouldn't be beneficial. I just really think your best bet is to dig in your heels and submit to the taper with us by your side the whole way. We wont let you down, I promise.

So, the Cimetidine (Tagamet) is not going to work any magic. I would settle on a perhaps, 15%-20% increase in effects at most and work that into your schedule. You will be the final say on how helpful it truly is. Take 4 standard doses of Cimetiding 30-45 mins prior to your Loperamide. Are you dosing once per day?

We are also here to help you with that taper. It isn't the most common complaint we hear, but it isn't really any different than treating any other high dose Opioid taper.

We've got you :) lower your stress level because this is treatable.

Whoa, 220 pills of lope - guess the 2mg ones as these are the most common? This is a dosage where you are at danger for arrythmias and other toxic effects, we have lengthy threads here about it and many tolerate it pretty good, but it's said to be even more addicting than any other opioid and to cause a fucked up withdrawal ...

I'd definitely suggest to try to cut down as much as possible as soon as possible and maybe check out a methadone clinic. Unfortunately this depends on where you life whether they'll force you to daily visits in the beginning or straight out refuse you if you're not positive for a morphine derivate but that's bad practice and it's worth a try.

What always comes handy when it's about coming off opioids are the NMDA antagonists. These receptors are directly connected with the opioid ones and with the right regimen you can literally skip most of the discomfort. But problem here are the additional effects of lope, I don't feel comfortable to recommend any drug to take along such high lope, also don't combine methadone with more than therapeutic doses of lope because it shares the arrythmia risk.

If you manage it to maybe half the amount, you could add memantine or DXM and slowly increase the dose of that along decreasing the lope for example.

Never heard about cimetidine/tagamet to be a potentiator for loperamide ... afaik the primary mechanism by which lope is removed from the brain is the P-gp pump and messing with that has the potential to make loperamide nearly as potent as a fentanyl analogue so it can't really be done as long as you have heavy tolerance and lope in your system. Or did you try it before? I'm interesting in the effects for sure but wouldn't have much hope. Some people use doxepine but also afaik the only thing which works is quinidine and that one has some worrysome side effects too.

Good luck!

The good news is that you likely don't have an underlying heart condition because if you did you'd probably be dead or in need of a pacemaker by now. Those are very heavy doses over an extended period time of time. How do you split up your dose throughout the day out of curiosity?

Also, cimetidine isn't going to allow you to reduce your dose that much. It would work better in combination with quercetin, which can be bought online/amazon as a supplement.

Better yet you should start tapering ASAP. The fortunately thing about loperamide is that its easy to taper by just a single milligram, so it should be a pretty smooth taper. I once had a 100mg a day due to its use as an detox tool and was able to taper off. The insomnia is pretty intense with loperamide withdrawal though.

Honestly methadone might be a good option if you have trouble tapering or aren't ready to quit opioids.

Hey Lopesided :) We are all happy to hear you've chosen us as your withdrawal concierge(s). I dare say we are pretty good at it. I daresay the medical community could benefit from a long-weekend of education from us addicts and they are typically I'm a completely different dimension when it comes to the realities of our struggles.

Loperamide (Immodium) addiction, is relatively unheard of and unstudied. I'm not saying a detox couldn't or wouldn't be beneficial. I just really think your best bet is to dig in your heels and submit to the taper with us by your side the whole way. We wont let you down, I promise.

So, the Cimetidine (Tagamet) is not going to work any magic. I would settle on a perhaps, 15%-20% increase in effects at most and work that into your schedule. You will be the final say on how helpful it truly is. Take 4 standard doses of Cimetiding 30-45 mins prior to your Loperamide. Are you dosing once per day?

We are also here to help you with that taper. It isn't the most common complaint we hear, but it isn't really any different than treating any other high dose Opioid taper.

We've got you :) lower your stress level because this is treatable.

Yep, dosing once per day. Usually around 12am. It takes a few hours to kick in so when I wake up early, I’m good to go all day.

I’m going to take 1-200 mg Tagamet around and hour before my lope dose end take 20 less (200) lope and see where it goes.

The good news is that you likely don't have an underlying heart condition because if you did you'd probably be dead or in need of a pacemaker by now. Those are very heavy doses over an extended period time of time. How do you split up your dose throughout the day out of curiosity?

Also, cimetidine isn't going to allow you to reduce your dose that much. It would work better in combination with quercetin, which can be bought online/amazon as a supplement.

Better yet you should start tapering ASAP. The fortunately thing about loperamide is that its easy to taper by just a single milligram, so it should be a pretty smooth taper. I once had a 100mg a day due to its use as an detox tool and was able to taper off. The insomnia is pretty intense with loperamide withdrawal though.

Honestly methadone might be a good option if you have trouble tapering or aren't ready to quit opioids.

Oh I’m for sure ready to quit. Been more than ready for years but haven’t had the strength of will. I’m currently researching methadone clinics in my area to see what options I have.

Ive tried suboxone more than once, along with other opiates to try and kick the lope. Problem was, nothing worked. It didn’t matter how many days later (7 was the longest I went before ingesting suboxone) I took something, nothing would work. Not a dent in the wd’s and the best part, no buzz at all from anything else. Not even Heroin.

Oh I’m for sure ready to quit. Been more than ready for years but haven’t had the strength of will. I’m currently researching methadone clinics in my area to see what options I have.

Ive tried suboxone more than once, along with other opiates to try and kick the lope. Problem was, nothing worked. It didn’t matter how many days later (7 was the longest I went before ingesting suboxone) I took something, nothing would work. Not a dent in the wd’s and the best part, no buzz at all from anything else. Not even Heroin.

Interesting that other opioids didn't alleviate the withdrawal. Methadone should absolutely work but the problem is they are going to be hesitant to put you on it because in their mind you are "just" taking large doses of immodium, which is something they've never encountered. You might have to take heroin or other opioids to test positive for traditional opioids.

Years ago when i was taking 100mg of loperamide a day i thought I'd be in deep shit if the law changed with regard to loperamide sales. Back then you could buy two 200 count bottles for $6 at costco. Now i believe they stopped selling it entirely.

Interesting that other opioids didn't alleviate the withdrawal. Methadone should absolutely work but the problem is they are going to be hesitant to put you on it because in their mind you are "just" taking large doses of immodium, which is something they've never encountered. You might have to take heroin or other opioids to test positive for traditional opioids.

Years ago when i was taking 100mg of loperamide a day i thought I'd be in deep shit if the law changed with regard to loperamide sales. Back then you could by two 200 count bottles for $6 at costco. Now i believe they stopped selling it entirely.

Yeah it's getting hard to find at stores I just bought 6 bottles of 96 pills from eBay for when I rotate off Bupernorphine. It wasn't cheap and there isn't many vendors left doing it and I could see that avenue drying up soon as well. It is very useful tho so I figured I should grab it up while I was still able. I remember those big Costco bottles, was super cheap that way. Pretty shitty that they are making it so hard to source this stuff especially in the middle of an epidemic, when I take like 40mgs with Kratom I feel like it's a realitivly safe alternative.

im looking for a bit advice here,im on just under a half milligram of Subutex after tapering down from 12mg and because it is such a low dose if I take it early in the morning im feeling ill at bed time and to just get over this last hump im thinking of jumping on loperamide for 5 to 6 days and then off,has anyone else used loperamide for a short period and successfully stopped opiates after words as most iv read on lope is folk use until they get their drugs or gor addicted to the lope

Yeah it's getting hard to find at stores I just bought 6 bottles of 96 pills from eBay for when I rotate off Bupernorphine. It wasn't cheap and there isn't many vendors left doing it and I could see that avenue drying up soon as well. It is very useful tho so I figured I should grab it up while I was still able. I remember those big Costco bottles, was super cheap that way. Pretty shitty that they are making it so hard to source this stuff especially in the middle of an epidemic, when I take like 40mgs with Kratom I feel like it's a realitivly safe alternative.
I think what the US what really want is worsen the heroin epidemic they've already had making access to loperamide and kratom difficult for struggling users. Those greedy fuckers from Big Pharma just want everyone to get hooked on suboxone apparently...

Hey man I am in the exact situation you are in. I recently tried getting some heroin in order to stop the lope. I WAS SHOOTING IT AND AT HIGH DOSES I felt basically nothing from the heroin. I mean i am so confused as to why I cannot feel other opiates any more. Do you know why? I have researched all over and cannot find any reason to why I cannot get high anymore. I mean the loperamide still has effects, but like I said heroin does not even work. I mean nothing. I'm so disappointed and worried because I'm about to get on suboxen to try and stop the loperamide. But your saying subs don't do anything at all either. What the fuck?! Why can't heroin get me high anymore?!

Hey man I am in the exact situation you are in. I recently tried getting some heroin in order to stop the lope. I WAS SHOOTING IT AND AT HIGH DOSES I felt basically nothing from the heroin. I mean i am so confused as to why I cannot feel other opiates any more. Do you know why? I have researched all over and cannot find any reason to why I cannot get high anymore. I mean the loperamide still has effects, but like I said heroin does not even work. I mean nothing. I'm so disappointed and worried because I'm about to get on suboxen to try and stop the loperamide. But your saying subs don't do anything at all either. What the fuck?! Why can't heroin get me high anymore?!

What is your loperamide dose?

Its amazing how expensive loperamide has become.

As someone who had a lowish level loperamide habit myself (100mg/day) i can say you are in luck with regard to the fact that loperamide easy pretty easy to taper of off, since you can drop 1mg at a time.

Whats crazy is that when i quit at 2mg i actually felt it. 8 days after stopping it struck me, why do my knees hurt and skin feel weird. Oh shit...im in loperamide withdrawal, from just those 2mg. Makes sense though, after tapering off of methadone the drop from 5mg to 0mg caught me off guard. Loperamide follows a similar withdrawal trajectory to methadone, where day 8 or 9 is the worst.

im looking for a bit advice here,im on just under a half milligram of Subutex after tapering down from 12mg and because it is such a low dose if I take it early in the morning im feeling ill at bed time and to just get over this last hump im thinking of jumping on loperamide for 5 to 6 days and then off,has anyone else used loperamide for a short period and successfully stopped opiates after words as most iv read on lope is folk use until they get their drugs or gor addicted to the lope
If you are down to that last little hump on the subs DO NOT TRY lope. Just bite the nail and get through that last little bit. I'm telling you lopes give you a good high. It could be a dangerous switch. Not to mention that if lope doesn't work for you, you might try and go in subs again, and they might have no effect on you anymore. I'm starting to think that lolermide gives you an INSANELY high tolerance, causing all other opiods to be inafective.

Hello everyone!

Let me preface that I’ve been coming to bluelight for YEARS for information regarding drugs. This is the first time I’m posting and hope to get the kind of assistance that is synonymous with this forum.

Ok, I’ve been addicted to Lope since 2014. It’s literally the biggest secret in my life. Nobody close to me knows anything about it so actually reaching out on a public platform has me feeling a little bit of reluctance. But at this point, it’s the option best suited for my situation.

I’d been taking opioids, benzos, alcohol etc for years. I had a pretty nasty Oxycodone habit at one point, 90mgs at one time was my typical starting point. Going back to 2014, pills had become increasingly hard to come by so I started using Suboxone. I ended up moving to the other side of the country and lost all my connects, that’s when the devil itself took over my life.

I was going through wd’s from subs and couldn’t miss work so I needed to get something together and fast. I read up on loperamide helping with wd’s, so I bought a bottle of 72 and took them. Two hours later, not only had I stopped detoxing but I was actually high as hell.

Fast forward 6 years to now, I’m taking 220 pills per day. I started going to the doctor for lab work every 6 just to check my levels and make sure I haven’t been destroying myself. Surprisingly nothing is out of the norm.

If any of you know anything about lope, you know it’s ADDICTING AS FUCK. I’ve tried quitting more times than I can count. I’ve gone cold turkey on heroin, oxycodone, roxycodone, hydrocodone, Xanax and suboxone, all of which I was able to kick. Nothing compared to what I faced with lope.

The wd’s were the most agonizing things I’ve ever felt and the longest I went before giving in was 9 days. 9 straight days of pure agony, no sleep whatsoever, every second of every minute of every hour for 9 days was filled with torture. This is why I’m here now.

The lopepocylpse has arrived. Nobody is carrying the large boxes anymore. No more 200’s or 96’s and people are scooping up any available quantities everywhere they may still be. It’s become ridiculously difficult just to get a one day supply. So I need to figure out how to make them last longer for a taper method.

I’ve read about Tagamet being a proper potentiater for lope and want to try. However, the only quantities I see being used along side Tagamet are really low. I don’t want to try taking my usual amount with Tagamet and have it flood my brain, killing me by overdose.

My question for you all is this:

Since I have such a high tolerance, what would be the amount of lope I can take with Tagamet to make the quantity of lope last longer? If I take 220 pills per day, could I take 100 or 150 with one 200 mg Tagamet and get the same effect as I would with 220 pills of lope?

Any information you all may have would be GREATLY appreciated.
Geez. My heart feels for ya. Would love to know how you are doing today

So I've been trolling BL for probably about 3 years...and this is literally my first post. If it wasn't for this site I would be so absolutely alone. I had/have a pretty bad oxy habit for quite some time now. Going back to maybe 2004/2005 and just like many others moved across the country and lost all connects. And to make matters worse my fiance (together 3 years at the time) had no idea I was taking anything at all... If it weren't for this forum I don't know what I would have done. I read about lope and for a while was very afraid to try but one day at complete rock bottom I had no choice and I quickly ran to the dollar store grabbed a bottle of 72 for $6 swallowed them down and prayed like hell. And much to my surprise not only were there no wd's but yeah I had a pretty good buzz... And to make it even better it lasted so long. Not like with the oxy, literally craving every 2 hours like clock work, I could go days without even thinking about pills!! Now 2 years later I'm in on a full lope habit and can't seem to locate them anywhere. Dealing with these stupid blister packs and choking on these powder coated tablets cursing big pharma with every chaulky gulp. I want to be done with it all but much to my surprise nothing can touch the lope. Crazy huh, shit pills!! They have pushed my tolerance to other opiates way out the door and the withdrawal... unbearable. I think I've made it 6 or 7 days now. You think your in the clear then it comes creeping up and before you know it your scouring for anything. And I can't imagine what you must feel with the dose you are taking, I took 96 today and that's the highest dose I've ever taken. And I felt it with slight dizzy spells. I would give anything for this roller coaster ride to be over but sadly I love my opiates. If I could live out the rest of my life happily it would be with a full bottle of those little blue devils that never runs empty. I don't hate it enough to quit.

I have never even touched H before but grabbed some the other day out of desperation...I was scared as hell. Took it home and did a couple lines. Nothing...I thought it was me...

If theres mu-opioid receptor occupancy by Loperamide then that will block any other opioid from binding as Loperamide's binding affinity is far stronger than other opioids like Heroin, infact Loperamide's binding strength is comparable to Fentanyl. If Loperamide could be modified to make it more Lipophilic then it would penetrate the BBB more easily making a single 2mg dose potentially dangerous, thats how potent it is!