• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

loperamide potentiating

minaz631

Greenlighter
so i have some Imodium (Loperamide) 2mg, i was asking how much should i take to feel the opiate's buzz not euphoria, i heard that Atarax (Hydroxyzine) would potentiate opiates and grapefruit also, and what about the black pepper thing to make the Lopermaide cross the BBB.

something else for the best effect should it popped or snort or plugged.

note: i've been taking Gabapentin (Neurontin) for the last 3 days 1500mg per day, and the last time i've take opiates was about a year ago.

appreciate if someone who have experienced Imodium answers my questions and thanks in advance. :)

Loperamide does cross the blood-brain-barrier but is exported back out almost immediately by PGP. The only 'established' method to potentiate loperamide is by using PGP inhibitors such as black pepper, quinine, omeprazole, etc.

I've personally had extremely poor results in mixing it with anti-histamines and pregabalin (gabapentin's sister drug). The best way of taking it I've found was to just take it orally as is, not even with a PGP inhibitor.
'

Last edited:
Loperamide is pretty much impossible to get high off, consider it non psychoactive.

Yeah none of these methods are going to get you high or even mildly buzzed. Anything you experience will be a result of placebo effect.

damnit people stop trying to get high off immodium and antihistamines already.

it seems that the Imodium is not that good so i'm thinking of something else
i've some pills named Vegaskine which is (200mg Acetylsalicylic Acid - 200mg Paracetamol - 10mg Codeine Phosphate - 50mg Caffeine Anhydrous - 25mg Phenobarbitone)
how much should i take to feel the buzz ?

You'd have to take a lot of aspirin plus paracetamol to get anything decent out of that. Please avoid if you can.

Also, try aiming your questions towards harm reduction to yourself and others that may view your post, rather than including phrases such as "catch a buzz", include ones along the lines of "maximum possible safe dosage".

Thanks.

You'd have to take a lot of aspirin plus paracetamol to get anything decent out of that. Please avoid if you can.

Also, try aiming your questions towards harm reduction to yourself and others that may view your post, rather than including phrases such as "catch a buzz", include ones along the lines of "maximum possible safe dosage".

Thanks.

sorry for the way i was asking, but do you think that 1000mg aspirin & 1000mg paracetamol is over the maximum possible safe dosage ?

What's more alarming to me is the phenobarbital, which is a barbiturate, a class of drugs that are notorious for overdoses, especially in combination with opioids. If you were to take 125 milligrams of that, with 50 milligrams of codeine, I couldn't possibly deem it as safe, without keeping in perspective the possible liver risk of taking a such a high dose of aspirin and paracetamol in one shot.

It doesn't look very promising to me at all, maybe someone else will have a different perspective.

my friend just came with the Vegaskine, it was unexpected that its not pills its suppository and he told me that the aspirin and paracetamol won't be harmful because suppository go through a different route of administration.

now i'm confused is it worth the try ?

It doesn't really change anything. It hits your liver anyway. Do not proceed. Sounds like an all around shitty time.

Vegaskine equivalent...

it seems that the Imodium is not that good so i'm thinking of something else
i've some pills named Vegaskine which is (200mg Acetylsalicylic Acid - 200mg Paracetamol - 10mg Codeine Phosphate - 50mg Caffeine Anhydrous - 25mg Phenobarbitone)
how much should i take to feel the buzz ?

Hard to say how much to take especially with that phenobarbitone in it (in the US it's called phenobarbital, and is one of the longest-acting barbiturates made.) That being said, I have chronic migraines and was once on a drug called Bellergal which had 40 mg phenobarb in it (combined with belladonna alkaloids.) Then I was put on something that I REALLY liked called Fiorinal with Codeine. Each capsule contained:

aspirin~325 mg.
caffeine~40 mg.
butalbital*~50 mg.
codeine~30 mg.

*BUTALBITAL....is typically more addictive than the codeine!

That is some great stuff for headaches/migraines. A warning, though: unlike the phenobarbital in your "Vegaskine," the butalbital is a short to intermediate-acting barbiturate, and seriously, it feels NICE....too nice. It's a great combo medicine to treat headaches with, but if you take it every day you WILL get hooked on the butalbital (not to mention the 30 mg. codeine.) But my problem was NOT the codeine...it was the butalbital.

But generally speaking, your Vegaskine and my Fiorinal w/codeine sound like very similar combo meds, except the Fiorinal w/codeine has 30mg. compared to the 10 mg. in your med.

I personally would not exceed 25 mg. phenobarbital...at least until you know how they will affect you. Like I said, Phenobarb is the longest-acting barbiturate. It takes the longest to come on, and the longest to leave your body. So you could think your fine 12 hours after taking a couple of those, take more, then realize that you have got WAY too much phenobarb in your system....that can lead to a coma. (In fact, when doctors in hospitals say that they are keeping a patient in a "medically-induced coma," they are typically using phenobarbital to do it...but there they have machines to monitor your heart rate and breathing. Just take it slow my man.

The only thing I've found lopermide is good for other than diahria is potentiating gabapentin. The problem is that it potentiates it in a way that feels dirty and makes me unable to think clearly. Gabapentin on its own never has that sort of effect. Anyway I do not like the combination, so now I'll suffer with my IBS if I have recently taken gabapentin. I'm prescribed floricet for headaches. It contains Butalbital/Tylenol/Caffeine. Not lucky enough to get the ones with codeine. If I don't take it for a long time the first dose I feel incredible. Relaxed and floating. After that all it does is help with my headaches. Tolerance builds to it very fast.

Lopermide is something that I have a good amount of recent experience with. Taken 40-100 pills a day for over ten months non stop. It was nice for a while. You wake up and you don't have to worry about seeking out anything. Mass dose in the morning and bam great all day. And yes sir you are lit like a match stick. Drawbacks lol oh ya. If you acquire anything else you don't feel it as much. Another draw I took suboxone after it had built up in my system for months. I thought I was going to die. It was the worst thing I have ever done and I have done everything. It was honestly luring to me once I tried it. Lasts all day with 1 mass dose. It has some bad side effects though. Hot flashes and extreme extreme dry mouth. And the breathing sucks. It drove me insane. And seriously you don't need anything to make it stronger or the stuped BBB . you take enough you will say wow. Anyways I'm rambling on and on. Long story this stuff helps and hurts. I'm on day 9 without lopermide. Taking krantom to help. Life is better. This stuff helps but I abused it and that was not so smart I guess.

Only ever used lope for opiate withdrawal and have never experienced any high from it. People have died from taking mega doses approaching 100mg so don?t chase it. If u want an opiate high get a real opiate, but that?s a slippery slope of course.