• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Loperamide and the sauna

Jbird11

Bluelighter
So I’m wondering if it would be a bad idea to use the sauna during my opiate taper/detox to help facilitate detoxification. Only I really want to take advantage of loperamide half life cuz I will have be cutting myself off loperamide at day 5-6. Would this be a bad idea as it will help get the lope out of my system faster and then at the end of day 5 I want the lope to last til day 5-7 and I’m worried if I use the sauna I will sweat out the lope and therefore cut its half life?

Despite popular belief of saunas sweating out toxins, doesn’t quite work like that. We don’t really sweat out a ton of toxins, we excrete most either through urine or feces after metabolizing them.

The sauna will be beneficial though from the perspective of inducing your own endorphin release and taking away the sweaty chill of opiate withdrawal.

-GC

Despite popular belief of saunas sweating out toxins, doesn’t quite work like that. We don’t really sweat out a ton of toxins, we excrete most either through urine or feces after metabolizing them.

The sauna will be beneficial though from the perspective of inducing your own endorphin release and taking away the sweaty chill of opiate withdrawal.

-GC
Awesome! Thank u for responding! So then really I should have nothing to worry about and can go in the sauna every day for at least 30 minutes and it will help and not hurt as far as sweating out the loperamide that’s building up in my system correct? 🙏🏻🤞🏻

It's good to know that the sauna can have benefits for inducing endorphin release and easing opiate withdrawal symptoms. However, it's always a good idea to listen to your body and consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns about medication buildup in your system. Exploring holistic wellness options alongside medical advice might be beneficial. If you're interested, you can find more information about holistic health practices on https://solasauna.com.

Last edited: