• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Looking to get off alcohol and want alternatives

lonelyoldman

Greenlighter
I haven't had any alcohol in almost a week and want to keep it that way.I've tried codeine syrup and it allows me to stop drinking for a few days.I don't want to use codeine every day though.Is dihydrocodeine too closely related to codeine to be a sensible alternative for times when I don't want codeine or alcohol?Would I be better with valium?

valium is closer to alcohol in terms of mechanism of action, benzo's are often given to alleviate alcohol withdrawal, dihydrocodeine is stronger than codeine, about twice as strong.

valium is closer to alcohol in terms of mechanism of action, benzo's are often given to alleviate alcohol withdrawal, dihydrocodeine is stronger than codeine, about twice as strong.
Thanks Think I'll just get a small number of valium pills and some kratom and make that my thing for the next 2 weeks, rather than going back to alcohol or codeine.

Codeine and dihydrocodeine are relatively closely related, both are opioids, but dihydrocodeine is stronger than codeine.
Alcohol and benzos act in a similar way, but believe me, you don't want a benzo addiction, withdrawal is similar to alcohol withdrawal, but at least benzos are not as neurotoxic as alcohol.
What about something like Acamprosat to keep you off the alcohol?

Benzos will help alleviate some of the anxiousness after you stop drinkning, but try to use them infrequently as benzo addiction can be a very slippery slope

Good Luck!

Don't do benzos as they are dangours and highly addicting I would recommend kava or kratom both are herbs that have close to no side effects (kava has a very rare side effect of liver damage but it's unlikely) kraton will give u a better high but kava will make u feel like ur drinking in higher doses I highly recommend these they are both legal kava u can get off amazon if u want and kratom is a quick google search (kratom MAY no be legal where u are so search first

I've been alcohol free now for 2.5 years now. I used to drink a pint of whisky(8shots) and 2 shooters every day. 10 shots a day for 6 years straight! The first week is the hard part. Anxiety, depression, nightmares, sweats, dry mouth ect. will all slowly decrease now over the next week. By 2 weeks you are pretty damn safe. You can try Kratom, or better yet Cannabis at night to help you sleep. Cannabis may make your anxiety worse so be cautious. I bit the bullet and after a week alcohol free I got a gym membership, and replaced drinking with lifting weights and i'm truly 1000x happier and don't even crave alcohol or think about. I'll have a drink nowadays maybe once or twice a month when i go out to dinner or to celebrate something but that is all :) ... So to sum this up: the first week is the hardest and after that it gets easier and easier.