• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Looking to explore new cannabis strains

sarahbaker

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, I'm someone who is always eager to explore new cannabis strains. I've been getting my items from a cannabis store for a long time, and now I'm considering trying it from another one. Do you have any decent cannabis shops in your area? This was mentioned by a friend. Do you know or have been there? Do you know any other recommendations? Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, although I live in the states and am a medical patient, this may not be true there but there a tons of dispos in my state. I regularly hit 4 or 5 places, basically chasing discounts. Also, I'm not above driving an hour each way for a super good deal and/or a 25% new patient discount. Good luck though!

i hit the rec shops i have five within an hour of me. more than once i have gone in and bought a gram of everything on the menu. i wont bother getting a med card in my state, you are limited to the one dispensary you signed up with when you get the card. last time i looked there is only one company running all of them in the state, i have had their product not worth it. and you also give up your rights to own any fire arm and cannot even legally purchase or posses amo. yeah live free or die

I have 4 within 5 mins of me, and they happen to be some of the better ones in the state.

Look around at some of the threads here for good advice on strains.

-GC

Can some of the Hard core stoners help out Old Fart raver here. Used to have a dooby but when I got paranoid as hell every time I toked some Sensamilla I gave the mellow herb up to get Revved up and go to the Stimulant and XTC life. What strain would make me filled with empathy and just wanna dance and be Happy like I just hit the Lotto big time?

Big ups for Durban Poison!
I had a good harvest of 1-1.5kg harvest (if i remember correctly) of Durban poison this year, first time growing it and it come out very good but think i could have done better but so we learn when growing new strains or plants for that matter.

Mine come out very thick at the tops buds but bottom but was more airy and or popcorn buds. But overall a good morning daytime smoke with lots of energy

I like to order it online. I don't know if I have any good shops in my town, so I purchase cannabis online instead of buying something bad irl. Before buying from a store, I try to make sure that I read enough good reviews about it, see some certificates that prove the quality of the products. Also, I like to see some photos where I can see the production process, etc. I noticed that some of them even use the cannabis compliance software, which, I think, is great. And I don't have a favorite one, I prefer to switch between some.

Last edited:
It's totally dependent on where you live. In Ontario for example, the rec shops sell the exact same stuff the govt's weed outlet sells. In fact the govt IS the supplier to the rec shops as well the general public. Everyone sells the same stuff. You gotta go grey or black market to find something different.

Same here i can't recomend Durban Poison or Red Congo enough. I wish i could find them here.
If yer interested in growing your own and live in Canada, I know a place that sells Durban Poison seeds. I can't personally vouch for the reliability of their mail order as I get my stuff delivered same day from them COD, but I have no problem vouching for the quality of their products.

Same here i can't recomend Durban Poison or Red Congo enough. I wish i could find them here.
Some off the strains i grow yearly. So always have an abundance of them, mainly DP and Swazi and then few others. Currently i have DB, Swazi, Malawi cob and then some Harley Quinn that's almost done and some Swazi hash too. Need to stock up on some other strains too in the mean while.

Last edited:
Some off the strains i grow yearly. So always have an abundance of them, mainly DB and Swazi and then few others. Currently i have DB, Swazi, Malawi cob and then some Harley Quinn that's almost done and some Swazi hash too. Need to stock up on some other strains too in the mean while.
what is the harlequin like? describe the effects for you please