• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Looking into herbal CYP3A4 inhibitors and found some.

Mracid

Bluelighter
I read that black pepper was a decent inhibittor,
I read that pomegranate is too but don't know how it compares to WGFJ,
I found that some components in Camomile does work,
Earl grey tea contains bergamottin, any citrus oil does too, Valerian is one too,
I read that cinnamon works too but didnt find info on the potency,
Tumeric is also one I believe,
Peppermint because it is an hybrid of spearmint and a mint that does inhibit this enzyme, so I guessed it had some too.
Green tea, but IDK if it does inhibit other enzymes,
Cranberry too, but IDK the potency,
Kava obviously since it inhibits alot of enzyme
Kratom too, just like kava but with a lower amount of different enzymes,
Oregano, I dont't remember why but I know it does to some extend,
Garlic too I think,
Licorice root also,
Sage is also one,
And the last one I found was eucalyptus oil.

So that is the list I found with the most potent being; black pepper, any bitter citrus, green tea (extract), Kava, and kratom.

If anyone has any info on other herbal/natural cyp3a4 inhibittors or on how potent/useful the ones I listed can be, would be appreciated. I listed them because I live in canada and I don't have access to cimetidine so I thought it could be useful in potentiating some drugs and increasing their duration of action.

Thanks for reading and have a good day.

Could you elaborate more on black pepper?

Do you swallow the balls whole or grind them up first? Also if I was to do this, would I need to eat the black peppers then codeine immediately after or wait and if so how long would I need to wait until I had the codeine?

Also how much black pepper should I use? So much information is missing lol.

^ codeine is a pro-drug and needs to be metabolized, so taking an enzyme inhibitor will decrease the effects

I know but to be active it needs to pass through CYP2D6 to become morphine, if I recall well, when it goes through CYP3A4 it becomes norcodeine which is barely active. That is why a CYP3A4 enzyme inhibitor would allow a bigger amount of codeine to be transformed into morphine.

About the black pepper, I actually never tried it, only read it, I guess extracts would work the best, but grinded for instant effect, and ungrinded for extended effect, but no matter if you want instant or extend, it is sure that you need to wait at least 45 mins for your body to at least absorb some of it before you take the opiate or benzo (not every benzo but Xanax, clonazepam and some others).

^Ah gotcha

Edit:

I found this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12130727
In summary, we showed that piperine inhibits both the drug transporter P-glycoprotein and the major drug-metabolizing enzyme CYP3A4. Because both proteins are expressed in enterocytes and hepatocytes and contribute to a major extent to first-pass elimination of many drugs, our data indicate that dietary piperine could affect plasma concentrations of P-glycoprotein and CYP3A4 substrates in humans, in particular if these drugs are administered orally.
Imo I'd never fuck with P-glycoprotein inhibitors

And I'm pretty sure you could just buy piperine instead of normal black pepper

Last edited:
Interesting, its true that most substances don't do only one thing, I didnt take time to make alot of researches bout every single plant, thanks for the info, glad I got it before I considered using it in my enzyme inhibitor combo.