• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Looking For The Right Strain (MMJ)

DixiChik

Bluelighter
8( I'm dazed and confused, but not from weed! I have access to MMJ through a friend (for now).

I am looking to experiment with different strains for pain and despair caused by pain.

I have received a Davinci vaporizer. I have tried the following thus far: Durban Poison, Cannatonic, with some Larry OG on its way by the weekend.

I have also tried sublingual THC:CBD oils, which I prefer that ROA. They're really hard to get in my position, though.

I've read about a couple that sound promising for my use, but they are not available from my source. They are MediHaze and MediBud.

I need input from some of the Weed Wizards (especially MMJ).

I don't need sources. I need suggestions. I am bamboozled by the plethora of strains and crazy names on Leafly. I'm doing my research but I feel like a fucktard.

I NEED HELP!

I've said this many times...I don't expect a miracle of pain relief. I would be grateful to at least find a strain that provides a mood lift, focus and energy.

Be gentle. I'm feeling quite stressed and fragile. :\

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't go wrong with any Haze strain for mood lift focus and energy.
Some are better than others, can't go wrong with Jack Herer which is a relative of Super Silver Haze and Mango Haze.
Medicine Man is pretty incredible for getting smashed, great for pain relief or insomnia, it is a miracle to many.

If I had access I would go with any strain from CBD crew they grow 50:50 ratios of THC and CBD in every strain they offer.
The 50:50 ratio is really special.

:) Thanks, DW...My "access" is limited, at best. I'm finding that the my friend's dispensary options for strains is quite restricted. A couple of strains I had researched were a "no" for availability.

I don't think "Medicine Man" is for me, if it gets you smashed and sleepy.

I will look up the others you mentioned. His wife can check with the dispensary for me.

My friend opted out of more chemo, as the damage outweighed any perceived benefits. His markers spiked with latest lab work. So, the cancer will take him. I respect his wishes, cause he's my brotha from anotha motha. My heart aches for him and his wife.

Any other suggestions?

8) Another perhaps silly question, as I've never smoked a joint...ever. I've only tried a pipe, a water pipe and a vaporizer (briefly).

I need to test different strains until I can find what works best for me. That could get expensive. It seems like perhaps the pre-rolled MMJ strains could be more economical for trials.

Ultimately, I don't want to SMOKE anything but could do so for trials.

Thoughts?

:) I've had 2 votes for Blue Dream on another Cannabis discussion thread. I like the properties of it.

Damn, I wish it were as simple as just click, order samples, click Paypal. Sadly it isn't. My mantra based on life experience is that "wishes are a waste of time".

Oh, well...Just reading some of the names of MMJ strains make me lol...good medicine!

Any heavy indica would be good. Preferably an OG strain.
If you have access to a specific dispensary then i would Strongly suggest the Cookies SF $15 gram nug.
It is a bit pricey but not only do you have amazing medicine but it tastes straight flavor.

:) Hey Jay...I just received a couple of buds of Larry OG and Durban Poison. I'll try them tomorrow when I can be at home all day. I think the Durban Poison is touted to be an energetic yet "productive" strain. I'm not sure about the Larry OG.

My friend is a cancer patient with his MMJ card and access to the few dispensaries in his area. It seems I'm limited with strains. I ask him about Green Crack, but they don't stock it. THAT strain may be too much for a vape virgin like me, anyway.

I'm going to research the Cookies SF, coz I don't even know what the "SF" means. My sincere gratitude for your suggestion. I need all the help I can get.

His wife shopped for my friend and for me yesterday (Thursday) I think she got me a bud of each: God Bud, MediHaze and maybe Jack Cleaner, Cat Piss something...don't laugh too hard at me...I could have that last name bass-ackwards!

It will take several days to get here, but I am so thankful to have their assistance on this. I feel like as asshole parasite now, though. He has opted out of more Taxotere (sic) and basically his doctor told him to get his affairs in order. She wants to order HOSPICE for him, but it's a lot to process. Tonight they're lighting up the "blinkies" on their home vape to escape their shitty reality. SO fucking sad...

I'm not looking for sympathy. If you pray, say one for them. I'm losing a brother/friend. I fear she'll exit with him, or shortly thereafter.

I am eternally indebted to a vape angel who gifted me with the vaporizer I'm using. It helps to know that caring and compassionate people still exist.

Sorry for the whine.

Last edited:
8( So, does the SF stand for San Francisco as in Cookies San Francisco? Or is that a name for a strain?

Yes they opened their first store in san fransisco but i believe they opened one in las vegas now too. Cookies SF are the people who created the strain called cookies and it's a really mellow strain super relaxing. They have other strains also but all their bud for 10-20 dollars a gram is some next level shit. The 20 a gram might seem expensive but for the quality that you're getting it really is worth it. I had one strain before where i hurt my ankle while high and skated a couple miles home completely fine but later that night when the high wore off i couldn't even walk AT ALL. That was probably the most pain relieving strain i had. I don't know exactly what it was but it was definitely some kush, I'm guessing maybe hindu kush or master kush. And btw cookies is a cross of OG kush and Durban Poison, and if you don't live in the bay area and you are getting "cookies" there is a high possibility that it's not actually cookies or the proportions of OG kush and durban poison are off quite a bit and it's nothing like real cookies. Hope that helped and good luck on finding that perfect strain.

:) Thank you catslayer...I have a bit of an update.

I tried the Cannatonic (vaping). It could be okay.
I tried the Durban Poison (vaping). It could be okay.
I tried the Larry OG (vaping). I didn't like it at all.
I tried the Jacks Cleaner (vaping). It really made me high and HUNGRY.

I'm going to try God Bud next. I have Cat Piss Romulan too.

The dispensary didn't have the MediBud or MediHaze I'd hoped for.

My friend thought these THC buds might help my depression/focus. I'm thinking they're too strong for a wimp like me.

Jeez, I'm no good at this. 8)

:) Thank you catslayer...I have a bit of an update.

I tried the Cannatonic (vaping). It could be okay.
I tried the Durban Poison (vaping). It could be okay.
I tried the Larry OG (vaping). I didn't like it at all.
I tried the Jacks Cleaner (vaping). It really made me high and HUNGRY.

I'm going to try God Bud next. I have Cat Piss Romulan too.

The dispensary didn't have the MediBud or MediHaze I'd hoped for.

My friend thought these THC buds might help my depression/focus. I'm thinking they're too strong for a wimp like me.

Jeez, I'm no good at this. 8)

Those are hella potent strains there dixi, I envy your selection.

Keep trying for the medihaze, and also any "CBD Crew" strain.

It can work both ways for depression, it helps some while it can deepen it for others.

It enhances my life greatly, but I'm not of the school of people that think it can do no wrong.

I have always found cannabis more enjoyable when I had a little bit of a tolerance...

:) Thanks again, DW...You're right about these "potent strains".

I love my friend to death, literally, for helping me when his cancer is taking him. He's using his MMJ for totally different reasons than I am. His disease is terminal, but my disease is only terminal to my QOL. He's using stronger "couch lock" strains to escape physically and emotionally.

I have a hard time getting through to him that I don't want to be "couch locked". I want/need the opposite.

So...I think he decided to pick what he thought would be energetic/mood lifting for me.

I also have 0 tolerance, so maybe I just need to practice.

I'm going to google CBD Crew. I'm still whining for the MediHaze, but it doesn't look promising.

I don't have much of an opportunity to "experiment" between work and family obligations. I certainly can't get anything done while vaping. I'm vaping GodBud this evening. I'm going slowly, trying to analyze effects. So far, it's a maybe.

Depression? I've been taking Zoloft for years, as it saved my life. I'm thankful for it, but I think I need a better option. It seems that since I enrolled in Pain Management in 2014, I've completely lost HOPE. There are no meds to help me with my mutilated GI system. It would be SO MUCH easier to take a pill, but those KILL my gut!

I totally prefer the oil (drops) under my tongue, even though it tastes like a skunk smells. The RSO (tincture)made me as high as a kite, laughing uncontrollably. I only used the size of a rice grain on my tongue. It didn't take effect for a short while. But when it did, I truly spoke with no "edit" button...laughed at my husband...not with him.

He's a sweetheart, though. He said it warmed his heart to see me happy! He's begged time and time again, for me to take early retirement, say "fuck you" to my family...and take care of ME.

Too many folks count on me, regardless of how much pain or despair I feel.

Last edited:
I think it comes down to personal preference more than anything. There are indica heavy strains and sativa heavy strains and as well as hybrids more in the middle. I recommend giving them all a try.

I would highly recommend anything with high CBD. 50/50 ratios are just perfect. It will lower risks of many of the negative effects of cannabis such as loss of motivation, paranoia, anxiety etc while making the high much more relaxing and boosting medical benefits such as pain relief, mood elevation, sleep assistance, calming. You should also be able to find more sativa dominant CBD-rich strains which will be more mood and energy boosting than sleep-inducing, one example might be something like Harlequin. It's all personal preference of course, I know plenty of people who prefer low CBD, but I'll never go back from it personally :)

I have only tried 50/50 ratio cannabis a few times and they were the most enjoyable experiences I've had with cannabis, if I had a choice I would smoke nothing but CBD rich strains.

Give this site a gander dixi, they have allot of info that would probably help.

http://cbdcrew.org/

burn out...Yea, I'm literally not in a place where I can try them all...but I've joked about a "tasting tour" to CO. My husband is all for it, as he'd walk on fire to help my suffering.

Both of us work full time, with only the week between Christmas/New Years "off". It would not be the best time to travel across 5 states, with Winter in full swing. I can ho-ho-hope, though hope is not a plan.

My friend is my only access. It's getting harder for him and his wife, so I'm thinking I can't (won't) burden them with this. He's dying and it's killing her to watch him go.

THIS is WHY I'm asking for recommendations from people who've tried MMJ and found success.

terarc...I looked up Harlequin. It sounds good, with "clear minded energy without sedation". Yes, I'm a self-motivator by nature...but my age and pain are slowing me down. I'm finding IDGRA any more...can't even fake it.

I hate the word "can't" so I'm beginning to hate myself.

DW...Yes, I've been told a 1:1 ratio of THC:CBD would be optimal for me. I will research the site you recommended, for sure.

Meanwhile, Thank y'all and PLEASE keep those suggestions coming! (strain name specific, if possible)

Dixiechick you really want to be looking for a Indica strain and one that has been left longer to grow,the longer you leave bud the higher the CBD content will be,so if you Have a Kush that's been harvested at just the right time then you will get a very good therapeutic Bud.

So I suggest getting yourself a good source and get Kush,i think that will be what you`re looking for.

All the best
Phoenix.

P.S I really think that all these fancy names that they are giving Marijuana is just a commercial gimmick,if you get back to the basics then you have Sativas which are THC dominant and Indicas which are CBD dominant so when looking always go for Indica in your case,Afghans and Kush are the ones,others that have white and haze in their names are generally Sativa dominant.

Last edited:
Phoenix...Indeed, these crazy names are too confusing. I just need SIMPLE. I'm an old dog, thinking euthanasia at this point.

I just do not have the knowledge nor the desire to figure this MMJ thing out on my own. I appreciate your insight. I need more of it!

effingcustie...I have some Harlequin on the way. Fingers crossed!