• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Looking for something a bit stronger than Adderall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snozberry

Greenlighter
I've been taking Adderall (30mgs twice daily) for about a week now and I gotta say I'm not too impressed with it. It helps my concentration a little bit but not nearly enough. I still have major cobwebs with it. I'm hoping you guys can tell me if there is a stronger, longer lasting ADHD medication out there that I might be able to get from my Pdoc. No street stimulants please. If there is none maybe I can just increase my Adderall dosage, but I don't know if that's such a good idea. I've also taken Vyvanse and Concerta, but these also did not help very much.

Thank you.

Dexedrine XR and Vyvanse are probably your best options.

Extended release pseudoephedrine will also probably work just as well since I really dislike Adderall but that's just my 2 cents.

I would recommend crystal meth... i know it's gotten a bad rap of late but it can do wonders for concentration concentration, concentration, concentration CONCENTRATION...

Sorry, only joking. The title of the thread was just a bit amusing, as the question you asked could have gone a completely different way than how it did.

On a genuine note... have you tried/heard of, Piracetam?

I am yet to try it, but it has been mentioned by a few people as an alternative to amphetamine based concentration/cognition enhancers.

Some written reports have been super positive, while others think it is a waste of time - so i just wanted to see if you had it on your radar at all.

you can also try Modafinil, It's not stronger than amphetamine but everyone's brain is different and it might work better for you than amphetamine.

as far as RX goes, Dexedrine. but I've found that Adderall is usually the best for ADD/ADHD, so I don't see your disease improving much by any more drugs

You could TRY for Desoxyn(Methamphetamine) but I've only ever heard of someone having it prescribed to them once.

if you're still having trouble concentrating with adderall, i don't know that dexedrine or vyvanse would really be any better, although some much prefer them- for me, they might be smoother or have less side-effects bc of the lack of the l-amph, but adderall's mostly d-amph anyway, and i personally find it helps me concentrate/stay focused better than just dextroamphetamine by itself. i never got great effects from the few times i tried modifinil (sp?), but some people like it. i don't know that you'll be able to be prescribed desoxyn (the pharmaceutical methamphetamine), but maybe that would be better? i don't know, never tried. there's always ritalin too. good luck and i hope you are able to find something that works. add/adhd can really suck w/out a decent treatment option that works for you.

Ya dexedrine will be better. When I take dex I am able to focus properly...adderal feels like sugar pills, well almost.

You needs a dex booster seriously plain dex is very nasty feeling anymore it takes me 75mgs......75 fucking mgs to concentrate for longer than a min now.........desoxyn would be good but supa hard to get access too because doctors do not know what their doing anymore it seems

Thanks for all your comments so far. It's much appreciated.

Anyway, about an hour ago I took 60mgs Adderall instead of my usual 30 (I read it was a safe dosage), and I must say that I feel much better. I don't feel sped up at all; No teeth grinding, excessive smoking, twitching, etc... just calm, focused, and motivated. All in all I'd say it's working pretty damn well. I think it turns out that I just wasn't taking enough so I'll tell my Pdoc about going up to 60mgs on a more permanent basis. I will also talk to him about your great suggestions. Dexedrine sounds like it might do the trick even better, and I'll certainly ask my doctor about it. I'll also look into the amphetamine alternatives y'all mentioned. Desoxyn... Well, I'm not ready to head down that road just yet, but thanks for mentioning it.

dexedrine is better since its pure d-amphetamine, adderall is 25% l-amphetamine. pure d-amphetamine would be less stimulating and "tweaky" than adderall, but also have less anxiety and side effects.

although, judging by your problem Desoxyn(dextromethamphetamine hcl) might be a good solution. it's pure d-methamphetamine and like dexedrine(d-amphetamine) its free of the levo isomer so it has less undesirable side effects.

desoxyn is stronger, lasts long, and feels "smooth". while it is difficult to get your doc to perscribe it, its not impossible. simply tell him your problem and mention desoxyn, ask him if its a possible treatment. remember not to come off strong about it, but he may go for it. however, if you have a past history of drug abuse and he knows of it, i doubt he'll perscribe it.

i've had your problem with adderall, and i asked for vyvanse. after finding the right dose, my ADHD is well controlled. i wouldn't skip reconsidering it.

Desoxyn is a great solution. I was on it for 3-4 years and I'll tell you that it was by far, the most superior AD(H)D medication on the market. Its smoother, tolerance doesn't increase once at the right dose, longer lasting, less side effects, not very speedy...just right. I was taking 45mg/daily, the max daily dose but I never needed more after that.

I'm on Adderall now because I did something stupid and my new doctor won't give it back to me. Although I consider Adderall the next best thing. If your looking for something longer acting than Dexedrine isn't the best solution, although there is the Spansule Capsules but I don't find them as effective as Adderall. The IR Dexedrine is very effective but SHORT acting, like 4 hours. Not as short acting as Ritalin though which is a four time a day medication.

Does using name brand Adderall make any difference as far as efficacy is concerned? I've just been taking generics since I started.

Why is everyone saying dexadrine will hit him harder???

Seriously I get a bigger buzz off adderall, dexadrine gives you the body high but lacks the real speedy concentration I like.

Also you on IRs or XRs?

IRs hit harder...

Same here .. I used to be on the spansules. Been on adderall since I was 11. Dexedrine was basically the same as adderall but weaker for me. I went back to adderall 4 yes ago. Yet I wish I would have stayed on the Dexedrine . It's hard to get it rx d and I'd like to give it a 2nd chance

Status
Not open for further replies.