• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Looking for info about current/common GHB recreational pattern of use in communities

waspVSspider

Greenlighter
Hey everyone,

New poster here :)

I work as a Peer Support/Lived Experience Worker in the Alcohol & Other Drug sector in Australia/South Australia, in a home-detox/home-withdrawal program, with a heavy focus being around harm minimisation and harm reduction.

Part of our initial intake process for my withdrawal program is identifying whether an outpatient withdrawal will be safe for the client, or whether we will need to consider an element of inpatient supported withdrawal.

Part of being able to identify this is having a clear understanding of how drugs are being used recreationally in the community - GHB is one of the few drugs that was not one of my DOC's throughout my ~two decades of heavy narcotic misuse, so I am not very versed in GHB.

I am not sure if this is an accurate perception, but what I have noticed working in the sector is that in Australia there has seemingly been a large increase in not only the amount of people using GHB, but the amount that they are regularly using.

Naturally I will also read through threads on this forum, but I was hoping that some people would be willing to have a conversation with me around their experiences, or experiences of the people close to them, of what common GHB use patterns look like today -

What quantity are people regularly using? How often are people generally using?
Has there been a notable increase in GHB use? If so, what could be some of the causes of this?
Have we seen a decrease in quality/is GHB being cut with any potentially dangerous substances? (for example, we have seen a few cases now of meth and GHB being cut with a fatal amount of Protonitazine in South Australia)
What is considered a normal dosing in the community nowadays, as opposed to what is considered a high-level of dosing?
Is there a good understanding in the community around the risks associated with high-levels of GHB use?

Obtaining a better understanding of anything along these lines will help me to better support my clients, so I look forward to (hopefully) chatting with some of you!