Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Looking for bup/meth Doctor in Northern Suburbs, Melbourne

Dante's Ashes

Greenlighter
I came across this site the other while looking searching for an old acquaintances nickname. I had a quick look-see around the site but having a short attention span for forums I decided not to join when I first came across it. After being told my oh-so-great doctor hadn't extended my script until I could afford to get out there after wasting my last five dollars going out to see him on Monday after the appointment on Friday was changed, I show up on Monday (after phoning first to make sure he'd be in as I've learned my lesson before) and I was told that he was "stuck at the airport". grrrr

Anyhoos, I'm starting to ramble, and I'm peeved, so my apologies.

I've been seeing this doctor out in Brunswick/Moreland for nearly ten years now, his hours are atrocious mon-wed-fri between 2-4.30pm on the days he works, anyone in the area will know who I'm talking about. He was great when I needed him to get off smack, but now I've been "clean" in that sense for almost eight years now and have a new set of problems to go with the bup that I'm on to cope with a over the counter codeine addiction because of bad teeth (any long term smack users will know the story here, and the pain o_O ). I think he's on the verge of retiring since his hours are so cruddy, then they've always been rather bad, however I'm no longer living in Brunswick so what was once a five-ten minute walk down the street is now an hour hike by train and bus, often getting stuck with the kids getting home from school.

Basically I'm asking if anyone in the area between Broady and New Market/Kensington know of any 'good' bup/meth doctors that I can change to that are taking patients, preferably not to far from the train station. My chemist gave me the names of two fairly local doctors which I called yesterday but neither are taking on new patients. I did a search after I joined, but only came up with the drug referral places for getting off drugs most of which I went through when I was younger. After remembering that I came across this site I thought it cannot hurt to ask. Someone might know a doctor in the area I'm in, or know of a more localized drug site I site I can sticky beak as it seems the site isn't just for Oz as I initially thught that it was.

I'm not after a doctor to scam pills from, I'm just after a "good" local bup/meth doctor that I can start seeing (long term) that is easier to get to, works somewhat normal hours, is taking on new patients and doesn't treat drug users like the scum of the earth like so many others that I've came across in my younger years. Although at this stage, bup is the least of my problems regarding my sad state of health, but a new doctor can probably do more than an old doctor that is "only going through the motions" whenever I see him (if he hasn't canceled appointments to take holidays or is stuck at airports when I finally drag my butt out there).

I haven't mentioned any names, still not sure about what you can and can't say here. Doctors aren't the same as drug dealers, well not "quite" the same, so better safe than sorry. ~laughs~ If anyone knows someone, feel free to pm if we can't give names/addresses.

Actually, while I'm here, anyone know anything about some new rule the chemist have saying we are only allowed three take aways at any one time. Is it a national thing, or just here in victoria? I'm only asking as I was getting five take aways a week, I'm still getting the five, but need to pick them up in three and two day doses instead of all five. Is it only suboxone tabs, or does it apply to those strip things I've heard about and methadone too? And does anyone know why they've started this, although I've a fairly good idea, people selling them and those of us doing the right thing get stuffed up because of them.

Well, that's everything thing I think, I hope I've posted this in the right place and not broken any rules. Sorry for the length, I tend to ramble once I get going.

Thank you in advance for your time. :)

Ash

Hey Ash I'm not sure of any "good" doctors as you say - you can ring Direct Line 1800 888 236 for a list of local prescribers ibn your area. My mate who lives around there still goes to his doc in Prahran because he doesn't want to risk not getting a goodun. Direct Line wil also give you some local chemists you can pick up from. As far as takeaways - yeah they are not keen generally letting you get 5 doses at once - but not impossible. That twice a week pick up is more common. Doesn't matter what you are on - applies equally to box and done. The Suboxone will only be available in strip form in a while and they will transfer everyone on the sublingual tabs onto the strips. I think this is because it's less difficult for chemists to supervise dosing with the strips (dissolve quicker)

Also - for advice and maybe some suggestions you can ring PAMS (pharmacotherapy advocacy, mediation and support) 9329 1500 or 1800 443 844

Hope that is of some help

Hey Opi,

Thank you for the post, but alas, that was the first place I looked before starting a new thread, as I mentioned (lost somewhere in the mess I wrote as I do have a tendency to over ramble) I went to quite a few of those places around melbourne when I started getting off drugs, and while still using over ten years ago (the good ol' St Kilda needle exchange o_O). Some are brilliant for the starting steps of detox and finding counseling and whatnot when you finally wonder what the hell you are doing with yourself. I did call the one place that helped me the most a few years ago, but everyone I knew back then in my "wild days" have moved on, and most of those places focused on homelessness, drug dependent youth, and needle exchanges. Since I'm done with all that, I need a local reliable doc, the key word being 'local' and only other addicts can tell me who a good doctor is (see my reply to AyJay if you're wondering what I mean).

But again, thank you for taking the time to respond. :)

Last edited:
Hey Ayjay,

~laughs~ Yes, 'good' was probably the wrong word to have used as 'good' isn't the best word to describe a drug doc, and a doctor that is good for one person may not be so great for another. And that's exactly the reason I haven't been more active in searching for a new doctor, the trust needs to be earned again and so on and so forth, in all honesty it really is quite a chore after seeing one person for any length of time. But sadly I do know know he'll be retiring in a few years, and chances are I'll still be stuck on this stuff unless my body miraculously repairs itself completely over night, so I'll need to find one eventually as dear old doc is getting on in years and he won't be working forever.
This is probably the wrong place to have asked this since it isn't just an Australian forum like I had initially thought it was, but I'm sure you understand why I'm asking. Take your mate who you referred to for example, depending on how long he's been seeing his doc, in the early days he could probably have rattled off a list of docs that were good for this, that and the other and told you the type of person they were. While I was never a pill popper, I used to know my fair share of docs around inner melb and the surrounding suburbs that were good for certain things back in the old days, becoming 'stable' stops you doc shopping. ~laughs~

Direct line, that I didn't even think of, I've done a few google searches without a lot of luck over the past year, but it might be worth giving them a call to see what they can come up with. That PAMS looks rather promising, shame I didn't know about them back when I had the dental debarkle (that is if they do dentists, ohh they do). I've jotted both numbers down, thank you very much. :) Not entirely sure how much help they'll be but they should be able to point me in the right direction or give me a few local numbers to try and see if they are taking patients, although I have a feeling very few, if any, will be taking on new people as I'm guessing new patients are as annoying as finding a new doctor and getting everything sorted again.

Thankfully I'm pretty good as far as a chemist goes, been seeing him for nearly ten years as well, lovely guy that would bend over backward to help anyone if he can, he's getting on in age though too. Hmm I guess we all are in some ways. ~laughs~
I'm a tad miffed at the doses though, I saw the main chemist (owner) earlier today and he gave me all five, it's the new pharmacists that wouldn't last week. It must be up to the main pharmacist to decide who is trustworthy and who isn't?
I have a pamphlet about those new strips, haven't seen any yet, but give it a few months, even my chemist hadn't seen them but had heard of them.

Anyhoos, rambling, I'll be quiet now.

Thank you muchly for the numbers, AyJay. :)

AyJay, AyJay, wonder if I used to know you. I often wonder what happened to all my acquaintances from the old days.

Last edited:
No love, find a different doctor death and get your shit from him, maybe organise a weekly pick up.

Instant Section 8 shit going on here so I'm going to have to close this one.

CLOSED.

PANCH health service on bell street should be able to help you out. They had a good doctor there when I went there when I needed help.

^ InnerSpace 4-6 Johnston St just off Smith in Collingwood. They have some prescribing docs but don't know if they are full or not. 9468 2800

And yeah PANCH worth a go. I think Darebin Community Health do pharmacotherapy too.

^ InnerSpace 4-6 Johnston St just off Smith in Collingwood. They have some prescribing docs but don't know if they are full or not. 9468 2800

And yeah PANCH worth a go. I think Darebin Community Health do pharmacotherapy too.

Thats the one.

I got into InnerSpace very quickly.

Good luck bro. You're making the right decision to get clean, via. OMT. Kick some motherfucking arse, once you taper off the Buperenorphine or Methadone.

Respect.

Bronson.

Definitely call direct line like Ayjay said. They've always been the most helpful for me when looking for pharmacotherapy - they'll give you a list of local prescribers within a minute or two.

Question for the OP, how long do you intend on staying on Buperenorphine/Methadone for?

Don't make it a 10 year habit bro.

Seek alternatives, such as counseling, once you taper off the terrible shit.

Peace.