• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

looking for appetite suppressants..something to help me lose weight!

nothing like advocating something EXTREMELY UNHEALTHY!
yes, you may lose weight quickly via amphetamie use, or anorexia, or bulemia, the long term results are not worth it, as you will pack on more pounds than you started off with...

i've lost a few pounds while taking meth here and there for the past couple of months. in fact, today was the first day i wore my old pants!
i eat while i'm high, even if it doesn't taste good, but i think i end up eating less overall and it seems like the meth increases my metabolism without exercise.

if you take ephedrine without excercising, you WILL gain all the weigh back, and then some more. nothing will let you sit on your ass and effectivly lose weigh. eat heathier, then take ephedrine and excercise right after. the ephedrine will provide energy to excercise and boost your metabolism.

Originally posted by fairnymph:
^^^
Norephedrine isn't available in the US.

Yes it is.
NYC.jpg

It contains:25mg of norephedrine, 100mg of caffeine and 2.7mg of yohimbine hcl.
Other brands are also available. This is a legal US made supplement.

^^^
Damn, you just made my day. Thanks!
[ 19 December 2002: Message edited by: fairnymph ]

Originally posted by FunkayRavin:
nothing will let you sit on your ass and effectivly lose weigh.
Not true, I don't exercise and eat enough every day, and lost at least 15kg in about 6 months (and didn't need to use any drugs)!
Sometimes it's really hard for me to be sympathetic towards some people who want to lose weight now, especially when I hear people saying they take stimulants to lose weight. I think it's just an excuse to take stimulants, because all you need to do is monitor what you eat and don't overdo the fat and carbs.
I know you really should exercise, but if you know you just won't, it's still easy to lose weight without the need of drugs!

^^^

No problem, however there have been reprts of more serious sides of norephedrine in women, that is why I akwasy recommend sticking with straight ephedrine, however, clenbuterol is great for women. You should give it a try. Very easy to come by and cheap too!

Taking drugs to lose weight might work well in the short term, but in the long run they will tend to kill your metabolism and make you fatter in the long run (just like anorexia, bulimia etc)
What you need to do is look at ways of speeding up your metabolism so you can keep the weight off! Have you heard anything about the ketogenic diet?
Humans today eat soooooo many carbs, (bread, pasta etc) and unless you are a serious athlete will never burn it all off. If you are consuming more fuel than you are able to burn, it gets stored as fat. Simple? It is!
Ketogenic diet involves eating lots of protein and very little carbs (fruit and vegetables only) plus lots of beneficial fats (nuts, fish, avocado -- these are ESSENTIAL to losing weight! Don't let them fool you!). Your daily meal plan might be: breakfast - scrambled eggs (no toast); lunch - salad and protein (like chicken or tuna); dinner - vegetables and protein (like meat or tofu). You can snack a fair bit, but it has to be protein snacks, I have boiled eggs and nuts and things.
This actually WORKS!!! Some doctors try to market this as an unhealthy, fad diet but it is basically a caveman diet, and that worked for about 100,000 years so how could it be wrong? Besides, you test your urine every day (you buy special test strips) to make sure you are producing the right amount of ketone bodies (a chemical produced by the body when fat is burnt).
The briliance with this diet? You only lose fat, not muscle, which makes it totally different to every other diet out there. The protein you eat increases lean muscle mass which means your metabolism gets faster, so you can burn off even more weight!!
By the way, I have studied this, not just read it off the internet or something. I have also used it on myself, and after years of losing weight by unhealthy means (bulimia, anorexia, drugs etc), I couldn't believe how easy this was. I did this a year ago and I'm still skinny now.
Good luck.

i have done alot of reading up on the atkins diet, but have not tried it yet. i do believe it works tho, right now i am doing the negative calorie diet, which involves eating only foods that are so low in calories that your body actually uses more energy digesting them.
the diet mostly consists of fruits, veggies, and fish, steak, and tuna. anyone who wants a list of the negative calorie foods, feel free to email me, i will send you a copy! i have been on this diet and i cannot believe how good it works..although soon i will probably switch to the atkins diet for a change of pace.

Hi-Jacking this thread a little. I'm thinking of trying a diet-supplement that contains the following:
Ephedra sinica Extract
(standardized for 10mg ephedra alkaloids) 167mg
L-Tyrosine 100mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid 100mg
Caffeine 50mg
5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan 12.5mg
Yohimbine HCI 3mg
I'm not using it for dieting though, instead as an alternative for dexedrine (ADHD).
Is there anything I should be aware of with Ephedra based stuff?
Thanks
Jason

^^^
Interesting.
Jase, have you considered the new noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor, reboxetine? It is mainly marketed as an antidepressant but is being looked at for ADD and I think it holds GREAT promise. I'd look into reboxetine before taking anything containing ephedra. It isn't really safe to take ephedrine based products on a daily basis, which I presume you would be doing if you were using it to treat ADD.
If you want more info on reboxetine, check out my antidepressants FAQ in the Drug FAQ forum, and feel free to email me with any questions. I've taken it myself before and recommend it highly.

Thanks, I see that medication is available in the UK so I'll contact my GP and do some more research.
To provide a bit more detail the main sympton I want to treat is internal noise. I have a constant stream of thoughts, images and sound all the time that get in the way of clear thinking and it can be very disabling. I spend so much time inside my brain that it interferes with everything else.
Stimulant medication definitely helped with this, but my GP was not happy to prescribe this long term. I have tried Seroxat (Fluxotine/Paxil) and Prozac but neither helped particularly.
I would have liked to give Bupropion a go, but its only available in the UK as Zyban and not as a long term anti-depressant.
Jason

Just out of curiousity, what significance does norephedrine have to you?

^^^

Last edited:
I believe norepinephrine is largely responsible for feelings of alertness and focus.