• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Looking for a very productive strain?

duncandonuts

Greenlighter
I found a strain on the Leafly app called ACDC (http://www.leafly.com/hybrid/acdc) that contains 1% of THC, but the CBD is as high as 19%. It says that it makes users feel happy, euphoric, tingly, focused, and uplifted. There are no negatives apparently, due to the extremely low THC levels. I use marijuana for those reasons only, not for the cerebral effects. In fact almost every time I smoke I deal with my heart racing, and an impending since of doom. Would this be the strain for me? I still want to be able to function and go out in the world and deal with people. Anybody who has tried this strain please leave your opinion. Thanks!

CBD's sedative effects make productivity hard (moreso than the THC mindfog for me), cannabis is simply a very lazy drug, that's why I don't start smoking until the evening now (for the most part).

That said, given what you described high CBD low THC seems ideal for you, but I'd suggest saving it until the evening or whenever you've got done what you need to get done.

Harlequin is a much more common high cbd stain you can find. There are a few others although I do know of a 23:1 mg cbd:thc tincture of the ac/dc strain. I find cbd really grounds the effect making it less sedating as well as slightly energizing, but not stimulating. The magic is not just in cbd and thc, but the combination of all 80+ cannabinoids the plant creates.

Edit: THC might actually be causing the increase of heart rate. I was told by someone a doctor recommended their family members to stay away from high thc Sativa's and find indica plants that also contain a wide variety of cbx alkaloids like cbd, cbc, and cbg.... In my opinion though you need a balanced hybrid strain, like super silver haze, with a high cbd stain or tincture to use whenever your heart starts to race.

ACDC isn't a great smoking strain (CBD in general isn't great to smoke, it's more effective ingested).

BUT, if you're looking for the benefits of cannabis, and CBD in particular, WITHOUT smoking, then an extract may be right for you. This is when the oil from the flowers (extracted using either CO2 or ethanol) is emulsified to create a dosed liquid. This means you can use however many sprays works for you without being worried about getting "over-medicated." I actually know of places near you (if you have a rec) that carry various ratios of CBD extracts, they're not hard to find with WeedMaps or Leafly or through the directories of Project CBD or CA NORML.

The RATIO of CBD medicine is very important to determine what you're looking for. This is the ratio of CBD:THC. A 1:1 "balanced" ratio will have some psychoactive effect for most users, especially if taken in large quantities (much higher THC than ACDC). A 24:1 or 16:1 CBD-dominant ratio like ACDC produces is non-psychoactive and can help with almost any ailment that relates to anxiety or inflammation.

Most people end up finding something in the middle that works for them, depending on what symptoms they're looking to treat. One product I know of has ratios of 18:1, 8:1, 4:1, 2:1, and 1:1 (CBD:THC). This allows you to titrate and find what works for you, since the highest CBD doesn't always work for people, especially if they've had experience with THC (whether it's 24 or 18 or 16:1 it really doesn't matter once it's higher than ~12:1). This means you may find the maximum benefit with the 8:1 or 4:1 ratio, which would still be predominantly non-psychoactive, and taken orally as a spray would have none of the negative side effects you've gotten from smoked THC cannabis in the past.