View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Looking for a good cacti ID community/forum

Prescottdave

Bluelighter
I know cacti ID's are probably not allowed. Can anyone suggest a good forum to post a pic or send a pic to so i could help get an ID. This could help keep other researchers safe if this vendor is in fact passing off a misidentified cacti?

Last edited:
If you're on facebook, the trichocereus cacti appreciation group or trichocereus lophophora & ariocarpus.
Otherwise get on the shroomery or SAB forums, but be prepared for a wait to be approved.

As far as I knew Juul's Giant is a named clone, so there is only one variety, but all those sub-cultivars and clones get so complicated and mis labelling is so common its often hard to be 100% on anything you buy. To be honest 130 grams doesn't sound like much to begin with and T. peruvianus are known to be rather variable. I also thought kk242 was supposed to be a cuzconesis not a peruvianus (which are visually quite different), but then we can get into an argument whether or not cuzconesis is a separate species or a sub-species... If you are just growing for alkaloids, stick to T. bridgesii. But be careful, everyone starts out growing just for alkaloids, then next thing you know you have 300 cacti and cant walk around your garden without getting impaled.