• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Gaming Looking for a decent gaming Laptop, maybe with OLED

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
Yeah my current laptop falls into pieces and sometimes refuses to boot so I'm considering an investment up to 1500$ for a RTX 3060 or 3070 GPU laptop. The market for desktop cards is completely trashed by the miner people, nobody has nothing ready and everything sells way above its prive.. laptops are left but amazon isn't exactly doing the best with their search, I continue to find only unavailable listings. Newegg finds nothing for the search term "RTX 3060 laptop" etc.

I'd really value recommendations,. links to specific, deliverable models etc. And experience reports, of course. Is an AMOLED display really that different from a LCD/LED one? Is a 3060 much better than a 2070? Etc..

Every 3 minutes...
IMG_20210712_04039.jpg

Yeah my current laptop falls into pieces and sometimes refuses to boot so I'm considering an investment up to 1500$ for a RTX 3060 or 3070 GPU laptop. The market for desktop cards is completely trashed by the miner people, nobody has nothing ready and everything sells way above its prive.. laptops are left but amazon isn't exactly doing the best with their search, I continue to find only unavailable listings. Newegg finds nothing for the search term "RTX 3060 laptop" etc.

I'd really value recommendations,. links to specific, deliverable models etc. And experience reports, of course. Is an AMOLED display really that different from a LCD/LED one? Is a 3060 much better than a 2070? Etc..
You cant mine bitcoin with GPUs anymore.

3060 is a step above the 2070. They are hard to find right now. rough time to be looking to buy a gaming anything.

I would set email alerts on as many reputable sites as you can for any item you may want and try to get something that way.
The cause cant be bitcoin, they use asic.

3060 is a step above the 2070. They are hard to find right now. rough time to be looking to buy a gaming anything.

I would set email alerts on as many reputable sites as you can for any item you may want and try to get something that way.
And on the other hand I can get you a really good deal on an Atari 2600

Maybe he is talking about monero in which my understanding you can ?

Maybe he is talking about monero in which my understanding you can ?
I don't know the reasons, just assumed it were altcoin miners who buy all the graphic cards because for desktop, nothing's in stock at all and cards sell for 2-3x the regular price. Lasptop is less crazy but still some shortages, many out of stock.

Maybe I found a model but the company only ships in America, so I need a good reshipper.

I don't know so much about crypto, I was watching it rising from 300 to 50k but invested all I bought for drugs, and was too high to handle money :( now it's pretty much over, but yeah I was referring to crypto in general, as all the modern shiny graphic cards are notoriously sold out and the laptop I wanted just went from 1399 to 1899$.. so somebody is using the chips for something.

Interesting about China illegalizing mining. Didn't know that..

I don't know so much about crypto, I was watching it rising from 300 to 50k but invested all I bought for drugs, and was too high to handle money :( now it's pretty much over, but yeah I was referring to crypto in general, as all the modern shiny graphic cards are notoriously sold out and the laptop I wanted just went from 1399 to 1899$.. so somebody is using the chips for something.

Interesting about China illegalizing mining. Didn't know that..
Most of the world's Bitcoin mining originates China & India. It's estimated that the amount of energy use is equivalent to the total used by Sweden for an entire year. China builds one new coal plant every week on average, India isn't far behind the pace. That doesn't mean the world is going to be destroyed in 12 years and if you believe that you're a complete idiot. To be a young person today is in some sense to not only anticipate Global collapse but yearn for it.

Anyone watching the great Olympics staged in one of the most brutal prison camps ever masquerading as a country. Incidentally why did we take their word when they said they found seven new people with a never before seen virus?

There's a philosophy of warfare that goes way back to a guy named Sun Tzu who said that the higher level of warfare would be not ever having to use weapons but in effect get the enemy to destroy himself from within