• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Long-time dissociative state, what would the person feel if it ended spontaneously?

Renald

Bluelighter
Imagine we have a person who is in the dissociative state all this life long or for a very long time due to some disorder in his organism. All the time he feels dissociated, depersonalized, derealized. Would this state feel for him as his "normal" feeling because he has never felt differently? Also, if he spontaneously "healed" from his "disorder", would the new organism state (nondissociated, personalized and realized - normal state for most "normal" people) look to him as psychedelic state from psychedelic drugs to a "normal" person?

You posted a very similar thread some time back and the consensus was that life-long deviation from sobriety/baseline does not make the experience a new baseline for the individual. Say your hypothetical scenario is possible. I think the person would just become a regular person with a severe lack of skill and knowledge about the world. They would probably be like an overgrown child.

What if a person experienced everything normally from day one and all of a sudden slipped into a dissacociative state for the rest of his life?

Dumb question, right? B_d is most certainly correct, giant baby thing if you will. Correction of psychosis would mean lack of skills, slipping into psychosis would mean lack of skills.

A normal person slipping into a dissociated state for the rest of their life is not unheard of. The person just loses the ability to rationally analyze their environment and act accordingly. There's nothing profound about it.

If you want to know how it feels... well, then, my friend, you have to get into the head of that person. How? Don't ask me.

*COUGH* *GhmmmmHHhn* research chemicals *hnnngh* *GASP*

Man. I've got asthma.