• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Long term storage of Lemon Tek'd 4-aco-dmt?

xavierglobalxavier

Greenlighter
I regularly mix 4-aco-dmt drops (ethanol + 4-aco-dmt fumerate) with citric acid for 20 mins before taking orally.
Is there a way of stopping the process of degradation after 20 mins in order to store the liquid in that state for dosing over the coming months, would Ascorbic acid / baking soda help?
I understand it would not keep forever in this state, but if it could keep for 2-3 months that would be sufficient.
I also don’t want to freeze it, I am trying to find out if there’s a way to preserve it without freezing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not store it normally and do the process just before dosing every time you dose ? IME 4-sub-tryptamines do not store well in solution. Freezing it quickly once it reaches the state of degradation you want seems like your best bet I would think.

Why not store it normally and do the process just before dosing every time you dose ? IME 4-sub-tryptamines do not store well in solution. Freezing it quickly once it reaches the state of degradation you want seems like your best bet I would think.
The point of this post, as I think I explained, is to find a way to avoid having to do the process every time I dose and also to avoid having to freeze it.

Apologies I thought I’d stated I want to avoid having to freeze but I hadn’t. I’ve edited the post now.

Ok I had figured it myself after I replied. I know people store tryptamines in propylene glycol to avoid degradation so maybe mixing your original reaction with it would conserve it in that state. I guess you may have to try it to really know but it would suck to lose precious material if it fails.

Why are you mixing citric acid and waiting? That's not going to do much in terms of ester hydrolysis, especially at room temperature in dilute solution.
Besides, did you not notice that 4-AcO-DMT fumarate produces an acidic solution anyway?

Your stomach acid is both stronger, more concentrated, and at a higher temperature, and will surely hydrolyse 4-AcO-tryptamines to the 4-OH-trypts. If that's not enough the esterase enzymes in your bile/liver/blood will do the trick.

If I were trying to cleave the acetate off I would use an enzymatic reaction, if that fails then base would be my first choice rather than acids to do the hydrolysis. (base hydrolysis is irreversible, acid hydrolysis not so)

Store 4-AcO-DMT as a fumarate salt, dry and out of strong light, and it should be good for years.