View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Long-Term Psychlogical Effects of 25x-NBOMe Chemicals

rtainc

Greenlighter
I'd like to share my experience with constant use of 25x-NBOMe. This lasted for around 5 or 6 months (I'm not entirely sure) and lead to HPPD and very bad memory/attention problems

I started by using 25D-NBOMe 1mg on blotters. This was my first psychedelic, so naturally I was very impressed with the experience. I did this for about 4 months, never more than once a week, so it wasn't exactly the most irresponsible use in the world. In fact, this didn't seem to have any negative effects on me but I may have just been oblivious to them. However when I would smoke weed, I'd start getting subtle visuals. This didn't seem to be a bad thing at the time. After running out of 25D-NBOMe, I decided to start trying other -NBOMe chemicals. I now was using 25I-NBOMe 0.6mg and 25C-NBOMe 0.8mg laid on blotters. At first, this seemed to be even better. But then I noticed that even after only 2 or 3 trips a week apart, my memory was starting to get very bad. I was forgetting things in the middle of a conversation. Things I've always known my entire life, I couldn't remember for the life of me. Faces, people, everything - all just gone from my mind. On top of this, smoking weed would instantly put me into a 3+ hour panic attack until the high was gone. I had to watch how much I'd smoke or else I wouldn't be able to handle it. Before, I was able to smoke as much as I wanted without any paranoia or repercussions. I also seemed to get extremely bad muscle twitching, even while sober, though I'm not entirely sure if my semi-regular abuse of amphetamines may have contributed to this. After about a month of being sober, I'm starting to feel much better. Memory, while not as great as it once was, seems to be fairly good again. I overall feel much healthier.

I just hope by sharing this I can help keep others from going through similar problems. I still very much like the -NBOMe experience and they're definitely not a bad drug by any means. But please use caution. These chemicals have never been formally researched, and use has only been going on for a few years.

I hope you get better mate!
I can add that literally, LITERALLY every person i know that got into these research chemicals are now cracked, utterly drug f*cked.
They are barely human anymore, these chemicals dont seem to be useful for anything.
If you want to trip. Stray the fuck away from 25i amd the nbome variations.
Please head the warnings of those who have learned the hard way.

I hope you get better mate!
I can add that literally, LITERALLY every person i know that got into these research chemicals are now cracked, utterly drug f*cked.
They are barely human anymore, these chemicals dont seem to be useful for anything.
If you want to trip. Stray the fuck away from 25i amd the nbome variations.
Please head the warnings of those who have learned the hard way.

You sound like a fearmonger. That bolded line is where you completely lost credibility.

Hmm yea have some nuance..

I don't trust NBOMe and other NBX psychedelics myself, from limited personal experience, plus I notice some trends that show a lot of people getting HPPD and anxiety problems, developed in such a rapid way that it seems like a valid reason for concern. It's not safe to just wait for the studies finished in 15 years from now, and labeling these compounds 'innocent before proven guilty' even if we cannot make proper claims until that point.

Deaths seem very unpredictable, but after quite a period of alarmist discussion in the community when unexpected deaths from apparently moderate or normal dosage started surfacing... I'm personally not really sure how to compare the odds of dying with other drugs like say MDMA or cocaine. What does seem true is that it can be a little more tricky to avoid such disasters by easily understandable precautions. NBOMe type drugs can apparently cause very unpredictable levels of tolerance, which can make it difficult to choose a dose that is not too high or too low. And we don't know if some drugs or even something like cigarettes can have an acute effect on tolerance and OD reactions.

I personally believe that relatively extreme tolerance reactions may be a property of high affinity agonists (that the very tight/strong binding may have more extensive results on receptor downregulation, internalization or uncoupling), since high affinity / efficacy / potency drugs of various classes have been observed to do that.. and some deregulating effects leading to mental health problems like HPPD or anxiety may also develop quicker. Especially this last bit is just what I think based on observing most threads posted here along the lines of "help I have quickly developed HPPD or an anxiety disorder or feel as if I broke something and worry that I will never be the same again" involve NBOMe type compounds and not e.g. 4-HO-MET.

It would be helpful to get a description of the condition those 'barely human' people are in, and what type of pattern of use or abuse we are talking about. Even if it's every person you know, it doesn't help if by 'these chemicals' you mean a range of RCs sold on dodgy RC sites these last years, not only using NBOMe compounds but also a plethora of other vague and often mislabeled RC stims. Cause as much as I suspect NBOMe's (with some moderation of alarmist concerns, to be fair), you cannot blame a single drug if there are many other issues involved.

Last edited: