• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Long Term Plugging Effects

amuna1225

Greenlighter
Hello folks,
I have a question regarding long term usage of a variety of drugs rectally. I have been plugging mostly opiates (in pill form and liquid methadone) and benzos for about three years, and have also plugged heroin, DXM, Adderall/Concerta, Psuedeophedrine, and Vistaril (Hydroxyzine Pam). Currently, I plug liquid methadone almost every day multiple times a day and throw in some other drugs rectally as well.

I know the dangers of long term drug usage via rectal administration, but was curious if it's possible for the lining of the rectum to not be able to absorb these drugs as well as before.

The reason I ask is because I have noticed the effects from plugging drugs as not being as strong or as lengthy as they were before. I have tried increasing dosages and have taken tolerance into effect, but even when plugging new drugs (I plugged heroin as a relatively new heroin user and still have very little experience using heroin) and the effects were minimal at best and got higher from snorting basically the same amount of heroin.

Thanks for all your responses in advance.

Mods: If I placed this in the wrong sub-forum, feel free to move it and I apologize.

I'm no expert and to be honest I don't even know the long to term side effects of plugging but it seems to me as long as the drugs aren't caustic they should be generally harmless. Something like street meth sounds like it would be terrible to plug since it is a caustic drug and it has left over chems from the synthesis in it. On the other hand opiates do relatively no harm to the body and should be safe to plug as long as they are pharm quality and not cut to shit tar or powder.

as long as the drugs aren't caustic they should be generally harmless.
I'm inclined to side with this, any junk and fillers from syrup and pills that aren't absorbed through your mucosa would be cleared with a bowel movement (that is if you're regular?). Even if you are plugging caustic stuff (stims and phenethylamine psychedelics tend to be very caustic) I don't see how it would affect absorption, especially if you're not plugging these types of chems daily.

I've never actually heard of physical damage or scarring to the lining of the rectum from plugging drugs regularly. The fact that you're on methadone makes me think this is just a constipation issue. When using opioids daily, especially something like methadone, although sometimes you may be able to have a bowel movement there's usually a lot more backed up than what comes out.

I've been plugging drugs ever since I first dabbled with opioids and got heavy into psychedelics, so maybe 6 or 7 years fairly regularly, sometimes daily for long periods of time and have only had absorption issues when I'm backed up from too many opioids. Aside from that the only advice I can give is to take stool softeners daily (magnesium citrate works for me), take a break from this ROA and when you resume, dilute any caustic chems with a good amount of water. Good luck :)

Last edited:
《Plasticity》;13100535 said:
I've never actually heard of physical damage or scarring to the lining of the rectum from plugging drugs regularly. The fact that you're on methadone makes me think this is just a constipation issue. When using opioids daily, especially something like methadone, although sometimes you may be able to have a bowel movement there's usually a lot more backed up than what comes out.

I've been plugging drugs ever since I first dabbled with opioids and got heavy into psychedelics, so maybe 6 or 7 years fairly regularly, sometimes daily for long periods of time and have only had absorption issues when I'm backed up from too many opioids. Aside from that the only advice I can give is to take stool softeners daily (magnesium citrate works for me), take a break from this ROA and when you resume, dilute any caustic chems with a good amount of water. Good luck :)

I actually rarely have constipation issues from the methadone, and I believe that's because I do plug it 90% of the time. I have been very lucky during my opiate addiction, even before I got on MMT I never had constipation issues from opiates. I believe it's due to the fact that I have always been a person who drinks a lot of water and eats properly and gets the amount of vitamins I need daily. The only issues I do have from opiate usage and stimulant usage (Adderall/concerta mostly) is trouble urinating.

I always do make sure I am as "cleaned out" as possible before I plug, and use the bathroom 5-10 minutes before I plug. As I said, I normally plug 3-4 times a day.

I thank you both for your input and am curious to see if anyone else has any ideas as to if it's possible for the absorption rate in the rectum lining to decrease due to long term plugging.

I have a notion (purely inquisitive and not at all confirmed) that in addition to the constipation issues, redosing amphetamines rectally could affect the subsequent absorption of doses due to vasoconstriction. Rectal administration works so well because the rectal lining is thin and there are a ton of blood vessels around there, but I wonder if, when those blood vessels become constricted, the absorption rate goes down. Anybody have thoughts on this?

^ Not sure, maybe if the OP is dosing stims before every dose. Then again I've not had issues plugging stuff like heroin or dilaudid after a heavy (sometimes 2-3 day) session of plugging 2c substances, MDA analogues, and vasoconstrictive tryptamines like aMT... all very caustic. I used to do stuff like this weekly to bi-weekly for a good period of time along with many other daily "fillers" to get me through the week. If anyone would have a damaged rectum it would certainly be me :\.

I actually rarely have constipation issues from the methadone, and I believe that's because I do plug it 90% of the time. I have been very lucky during my opiate addiction, even before I got on MMT I never had constipation issues from opiates. I believe it's due to the fact that I have always been a person who drinks a lot of water and eats properly and gets the amount of vitamins I need daily. The only issues I do have from opiate usage and stimulant usage (Adderall/concerta mostly) is trouble urinating.

I always do make sure I am as "cleaned out" as possible before I plug, and use the bathroom 5-10 minutes before I plug. As I said, I normally plug 3-4 times a day.

I thank you both for your input and am curious to see if anyone else has any ideas as to if it's possible for the absorption rate in the rectum lining to decrease due to long term plugging.
Plugging opioids won't bypass any constipation issues caused by the drugs effects, just like plugging opioids won't bypass urinary retention or histamine release. Like I said many people are constipated and don't realize it because they are still having partial bowel movements. When I got my last CT scan, during a time I was having regular bowel movements, they found that I was still a bit backed up and sent me home with a script for Docusate Sodium capsules. I don't even take opioids with nearly the amount of constipation issues as methadone, not daily at least, usually just kratom or tramadol with occasional dabbles here and there.

I guess it's useful to point out that I take grams of magnesium citrate daily, have a gallon jug of water bedside that I usually finish, and I have a phenomenal diet consisting of stuff like vegetables, chicken, and grains due to some cardiac issues I'm currently dealing with (which was a result of the type of stuff I was referring to in the beginning of my post). I'm not sure what answer you're looking for, aside from the obvious constipation issues there's nothing else that would explain a sudden loss in effect. It's not like your mucosa is "burned out" or damaged to the point of diminished absorption, even dry and battered nasal mucous membranes continue to absorb drugs after years and years of abuse and subsequent perforation.

Edit: Just out of curiosity, were you successful in plugging DXM? Was it pure DXM powder or was it extracted from delsym? Did you plug syrup? Did it burn? I'm really curious as to how it worked out.

Last edited:
《Plasticity》;13102023 said:
Edit: Just out of curiosity, were you successful in plugging DXM? Was it pure DXM powder or was it extracted from delsym? Did you plug syrup? Did it burn? I'm really curious as to how it worked out.

I actually never plugged DXM or cough syrup. I was going to at one point but thought better of it as I'm not a big fan of halucinations and what not caused by DXM trips.

Your points on constipation are interesting and I absolutely could be a bit backed up even though I am having regular bowel movements they could be partial. I really don't plug stimulants often as I rarely have access to them, 90% of my plugging adventures are oral liquid methadone and benzos.

Thank you all for your replies and insight.

I use a tea called Smooth Move and I swear to hell and high water that it works better than any laxative I've ever tried with far fewer negative side effects (cramping, etc). I used it through my years of daily opioid use and even then it worked wonders. It's an anise based tea and can be drunk daily with no side effects, though I don't know about any sort of tolerance issues. I had a laxative abuse issue (eating disorder based) for years, so I have an extremely strong psychological and physiological aversion to laxatives, but this stuff is fantastic and I recommend it to anyone having issues. Here's what it looks like:

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...e&wl2=smooth move tea&wl3=15081623055&veh=sem

I've been plugging heavy all my ADHD scripts both recreationally (moderate to high dose on the weekends) and therapeutic (half the oral dose 3 times a day) for the last 5 years straight. (Adderall, Dexedrine IR, Ritalin IR and now generic methylphenidate).

Besides tolerance build-up I haven't noticed any heath issues.

I heard reports that if huge amount of powder is recklessly injected in the anal canal (something like 200mg+ all at once) it may cause Abscess and/or Anal fistula as a result of an anal gland infection. Plugging with moderation and care (ie lube syringe and penetrate gently straight not to puncture any vessels with the tip and cause bleeding), there should be no worries.

The only thing to worry with plugging is the high risk to overdose without warning, and cause liver failure from dehydration. (unlike oral where nausea/stomach upset/discomfort will force you to stop). It hits fast and hard and once in there's no way back. Therefore, it's important to start low at first.

I'm inclined to side with this, any junk and fillers from syrup and pills that aren't absorbed through your mucosa would be cleared with a bowel movement (that is if you're regular?). Even if you are plugging caustic stuff (stims and phenethylamine psychedelics tend to be very caustic) I don't see how it would affect absorption, especially if you're not plugging these types of chems daily.

I have a notion (purely inquisitive and not at all confirmed) that in addition to the constipation issues, redosing amphetamines rectally could affect the subsequent absorption of doses due to vasoconstriction. Rectal administration works so well because the rectal lining is thin and there are a ton of blood vessels around there, but I wonder if, when those blood vessels become constricted, the absorption rate goes down. Anybody have thoughts on this?

I?ve kinda noticed that i have been extremely constipated since i began plugging (adds). weird right? esp since it?s a stimulant. sucks bc i notice stool colored w the powder which means it?s being wasted and not being absorbed into my body.
additionally how do you plug benzos-bc xans are fat and not water soluble ive heard of mixing the powder w warm milk-how do you? i tried the milk thing once. i forgot who suggested on a prior thread of using mouthwash and for what it was-i?ll follow up. but id appreciate your input and what you use as id hate to waste my stuff.

the poster who mentioned that perhaps the constriction of the vessels due to the stimulants might be the cause of the lessened effects-good call w that one. and also mag citrate is the most amazinf lax out there-thumbs up to the poster that suggested using that.

Hello folks,
I have a question regarding long term usage of a variety of drugs rectally. I have been plugging mostly opiates (in pill form and liquid methadone) and benzos for about three years, and have also plugged heroin, DXM, Adderall/Concerta, Psuedeophedrine, and Vistaril (Hydroxyzine Pam). Currently, I plug liquid methadone almost every day multiple times a day and throw in some other drugs rectally as well.

I know the dangers of long term drug usage via rectal administration, but was curious if it's possible for the lining of the rectum to not be able to absorb these drugs as well as before.

The reason I ask is because I have noticed the effects from plugging drugs as not being as strong or as lengthy as they were before. I have tried increasing dosages and have taken tolerance into effect, but even when plugging new drugs (I plugged heroin as a relatively new heroin user and still have very little experience using heroin) and the effects were minimal at best and got higher from snorting basically the same amount of heroin.

Thanks for all your responses in advance.

Mods: If I placed this in the wrong sub-forum, feel free to move it and I apologize.
hey may i ask how u successfully plug ur benzos